Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 594

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 132916 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3705 on: April 20, 2023, 10:12:30 AM »

...and that the real cost of it was to First Amendment rights

So libel is a 1st Am right.  I learn so much here, thanks to our Constitutional scholar.
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: April 20, 2023, 11:30:26 AM »

So libel is a 1st Am right.  I learn so much here, thanks to our Constitutional scholar.
LOL!
Now I understand why you use so many names on here.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: April 20, 2023, 12:23:48 PM »

LOL!
Now I understand why you use so many names on here.
Gee, RedStateWardDickVitaleJimmengle, your utter lack of self awareness is fucking hilarious.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: April 20, 2023, 01:39:58 PM »

Speaking of guys from the Midwest who are self-parodying dufuses....

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/mike-lindell-ordered-pay-5-million-debunked-election-claims-1234720333/

I'm sure Lindell has some emergency funds stashed somewhere, maybe in a pillowcase. 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: April 20, 2023, 01:46:15 PM »

I feel like our Government here in the USA is completely out of touch with the people, and that goes for both Republicans and Democrats.

Finally Mayor Bass is helping the homeless, but the crisis went on for a long time before they started helping people, and for a while it was even against the law to feed the homeless. I went 3 days without eating sometimes when I was homeless in Los Angeles, and of note is that I was born and raised in Los Angeles, so I was homeless in my home town, and it was against the law to feed me so they just let me starve.

And helping the homeless means helping men and women and every race equally.

I think Ron DeSantis is mentally ill, and Trump is mentally ill.

We need for new people to rise up in Government who are in touch with what is happening in America, and things will get better as the homeless people are able to vote.

Instead of having a bad attitude then I need to use my experiences to help others, and I can help Mayor Bass to help the homeless, and I can help other people.

And we need to have a Jesus Revolution here in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: April 20, 2023, 02:19:29 PM »

I think Ron DeSantis is mentally ill, and Trump is mentally ill.

I think you are right, Tony.

It explains why only the mentally ill and a career criminals give them any support.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: April 20, 2023, 03:45:48 PM »

Second time this week Tony has proposed helping a group in need with concentration camps.  Can't hardly wait for the third!  Who will be in his crosshairs next?  Fat people?  Heavy gamblers?  Agnostics?
Tony's policy solutions swing wildly from the stupidly naive to the positively horrific. There is no in between.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: April 20, 2023, 07:02:55 PM »

Second time this week Tony has proposed helping a group in need with concentration camps.  Can't hardly wait for the third!  Who will be in his crosshairs next?  Fat people?  Heavy gamblers?  Agnostics?
Tony's policy solutions swing wildly from the stupidly naive to the positively horrific. There is no in between.

Bullshit!

And I never said anything about concentration camps, and I was homeless here in Hollywood, and I lived in homeless shelters, so I know what I am talking about. And you need strong shelter managers who can deal with mentally ill people, and with alcoholics and drug addicts, etc, some of the homeless people are hard to deal with. I had to talk a knife away from a mentally ill person once in a homeless shelter who was going to stab a Black man, the voices in his head were telling him to stab the Black guy, I told him to stop listening to the voices in his head and to listen to my voice and to put the knife down, I am good with people and the guy put the knife down, and I saved that Black man's life. And I studied Psychology and Sociology before I became homeless, and so I knew a little bit about how to deal with the homeless and the mentally ill people and the addicts, etc.

It is important to have strong men at the homeless shelters to break up fights and to stop people from stabbing each other in the shelters.

The best shelter manager I knew was my friend Tom who was a former Combat Medic, and he was a Doctor for the Navy for 20 years in Pennsylvania, he was big enough to break up fights, and he was trained, and he had a kind heart of gold.

And I had a roommate at a homeless shelter who was a Franciscan Monk who was living in the homeless shelter so that he could experience what it is like to live in a shelter so that he could go back to Malibu and teach the other Monks how to help the homeless, the Monks own a house by Dick Van Dyke in Malibu.

I have good ideas. And the bullshit about it being against the law to feed the homeless was a fucked up policy. I met a guy who was involved with a charity named "Food Without Borders" and he went into Hollywood where it was against the law to feed the homeless and he passed out sandwiches and bottled water to the homeless people. That is what we need to do.

And I am a Christian, who believes in helping the homeless as it says in Matthew 25; 31-46.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 07:06:48 PM by FlyingVProd »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: April 20, 2023, 09:34:53 PM »

...the voices in his head were telling him to stab the Black guy, I told him to stop listening to the voices in his head and to listen to my voice and to put the knife down, I am good with people and the guy put the knife down, and I saved that Black mans life.

Good job.  I have no criticism of your abilities with people and situations like you describe here, and I appreciate your on-topic appraisal of DeSantis and Trump.  My only issue is with you not fully putting your skill and passion to work helping the homeless, and frittering away your time on pipe dreams.   If you post here constantly about helping the homeless, and you have been homeless....just not sure how much clearer a roadmap you will get on what to do with your life. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: April 20, 2023, 09:59:52 PM »

...the voices in his head were telling him to stab the Black guy, I told him to stop listening to the voices in his head and to listen to my voice and to put the knife down, I am good with people and the guy put the knife down, and I saved that Black mans life.

Good job.  I have no criticism of your abilities with people and situations like you describe here, and I appreciate your on-topic appraisal of DeSantis and Trump.  My only issue is with you not fully putting your skill and passion to work helping the homeless, and frittering away your time on pipe dreams.   If you post here constantly about helping the homeless, and you have been homeless....just not sure how much clearer a roadmap you will get on what to do with your life.

Washington, CA governor, etc could be reading this forum.
Social media is a good tool to use for campaigns....one never knows who's watching, reading.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: April 20, 2023, 10:13:41 PM »

The best way to help the refugees from Ukraine is to have group homes full of beds and ran by ex-military guys.

Salute,

Tony V.
We used to call those concentration camps.

That was misguided...nothing like concentration camps, as is understood by the meaning.
More like 'dorms'.
You choose your euphemism for mass forced segregated housing based on ethnicity, with armed guards, and I will choose mine. But I have lived in dorms and what Tony describes aint that.

Well, we could call them internment camps which is a nicer way of saying concentration camp.

If tents are good enough for the troops, then surely they're good enough for the homeless.
Tents for singles, couples, families.

American women, for whatever reason, searching thru trash bins for food...while trying to hold up their pants that are around their knees.
Surely that's not acceptable, not what the troops fought and died for.

It really is time...to remove all the homeless from all the streets...time for cities and towns...to 'take back the streets'.
Make American streets great again.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: April 20, 2023, 10:19:29 PM »

Weapons at the ready, all the time!!! Cocked and ready to fire!!  Bad people lurking!!!

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/18/1170593395/kaylin-gillis-new-york-driveway-kevin-monahan

Sure, but you can't just go shooting at people/cars that pull into your driveway.
You have to wait until they break into your home and pose a threat to you, then you can shoot them with your AR 15 on 'auto'. Maybe you have to see a weapon first.
Best to identify what you're shooting at before you fire, could be your daughter who's jumped out of the foyer closet to surprise you, having returned early from summer camp [actually happened].

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: April 20, 2023, 10:24:30 PM »

You can't just shoot cheerleaders who almost enter your car by mistake, either.
...as just happened in Texas.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 10:26:58 PM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: April 20, 2023, 10:25:11 PM »

Bullshit!

And I never said anything about concentration camps,
That is the best phrase to describe what you described even if you will not admit it.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: April 20, 2023, 11:22:15 PM »

You can't just shoot cheerleaders who almost enter your car by mistake, either.
...as just happened in Texas.

You shitfaced shithead cowardly gun nuts are all going to get a bad worse name.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 594