Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 594

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 132784 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #4155 on: June 01, 2023, 03:05:35 PM »

Kevin McCarthy delivered .
A spending cut of2 trillion dollars ( maybe more through appropriation legislation)  and a stunning political coup.
For once the GOP did not sacrifice the good for  the perfect,
The Biden defeat by refusing to believe theGOP had the guts in staring him down likely will drive him to retirement

Good riddance

ROFLMAO

Democrats pulled MyKevin across the voting line.

149 GOP

165 Democrats

stunning political coup was one of Jimdick's most breathless pieces of RW hagiography.  Yeah, roflmao is what it deserves.  At least two of those words do not mean what he thinks they mean.
For RedDick that is true of most words.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: June 01, 2023, 03:08:43 PM »

Reading the posts of you and Bambu is akin to watching a Cobra and Mongoose fight.  Who cares who wins?

Either you never read Kiplings famous tale, or you did but failed to understand why it is traditional to root for the valiant mongoose. 
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: June 01, 2023, 03:12:45 PM »

Reading the posts of you and Bambu is akin to watching a Cobra and Mongoose fight.  Who cares who wins?

Either you never read Kiplings famous tale, or you did but failed to understand why it is traditional to root for the valiant mongoose.
Yeah, admittedly not all my references land for anyone but me, but at least I understand them. Also, kudos to you on figuring out his formating. I gave up.

Edit: I see he fixed it. I also see that I made an inexplicable reference to Eskimos.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 03:16:11 PM by Hairy Lime »
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: June 01, 2023, 03:15:56 PM »

BTW, the Katherine Hepburn quote was perfect, Lime.    Not sure anyone caught that.  Lion in Winter - one of the great marital fights of cinema.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: June 01, 2023, 03:23:20 PM »

BTW, the Katherine Hepburn quote was perfect, Lime.    Not sure anyone caught that.  Lion in Winter - one of the great marital fights of cinema.
My second favorite Christmas film of all time.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: June 01, 2023, 04:00:42 PM »

What about a white heterosexual male parade at Dodgers stadium, 'black face' section?
Bet that'd be popular, not.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: June 01, 2023, 04:04:11 PM »

Christians and Jews have been persecuted too, it is not just the gays whom have suffered through the years.

And that was the reason why the Puritans came to America was for religious freedom. And the Pope and the Catholic Church assisted with the exploration and settling of the new world for religious freedom.

We try hard in the USA to have good rights for everyone. And we have the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Civil Rights Act of 1968, as we work to have good rights for all people.

And we have the Anti Defamation League to stop hate, and we need to respect the rights of all people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Gay and trans people who are also Jews and Christians are usually the first to be persecuted.
When the Nazis rose to power the gay and trans communities were the first targets.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: June 01, 2023, 04:41:31 PM »

The country is going right and wants the government to do more!
Sure. That is why democrats are supporting spending cuts.
The upcoming appropriation  votes will not make Bernie and Lizzie very happy.
Yes, the nature of bipartisan governing is that no one is ever really happy. But Sanders and Warren will be less unhappy than Matty and Marge unless McCarthy is willing to blow the whole thing up for them

You really ought to pay more attention.

Last  week CNN polled with a question to voters
if Mr. Biden won another term would it be a disaster or, a setback.
The total for both was 66%, with 41% in the disaster column.

CNN pointed out the results foretold that Convincing the overall public that Biden deserves a second term could prove a challenge.

All of a sudden Biden dropped ignoring the GOP Bill to NEGOTIATING  over, not the debt ceiling , but  a SPENDING COMPROMISE!

The dems had to go along or kiss off 2024 since the public had also chimed in in support of cutting spending.

Ahead are 12 Appropriation bills not yet passed in Congress and if not negotiated will trigger an automatic one per cent cut

As DanHenninger of the Wall Street Journal explained:

This is what is known as a Sequester.
Sequester is to democrats
What garlic is to Vampires
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 04:46:42 PM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: June 01, 2023, 05:10:05 PM »

Yes, the nature of bipartisan governing is that no one is ever really happy. But Sanders and Warren will be less unhappy than Matty and Marge unless McCarthy is willing to blow the whole thing up for them

I have been. You should pay more attention to something other than hard right wish fulfillment fantasies.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: June 01, 2023, 05:17:12 PM »

Weakest House ever.

McCarthy chose to keep beating Russia over trying to start beating Dems.

Expanding Snap in exchange for expediting a review that will deny permitting to a pipeline and prevent that misallocation of funds and purposeless wanton destruction championed by West Virginia neck suckers sooner than it would have been blocked prior to the deal.

Republicans will get to chose to cut unpopular loopholes and corporate welfare or to take the blame they deserve for the triggered cuts to spending.

At least republicans can count on the ground game and thoroughly not embarrassing or disgusting prominent figures to boost their fortunes this year. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 05:18:58 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: June 01, 2023, 05:54:19 PM »

Here in America we should be the most tolerant and forgiving people, as our ancestors and us all ended up here because of persecution in other places, and we came here to make this place better than the other places. We wrote our Declaration of Independence where we declared that ALL people are created equal and we all have the same rights in America. And then we wrote our Constitution and we modeled our government on the only Democratic Republics in history, Athens, and Rome, and we have our Bill of Rights, and we did our best to make the USA better than the places we had to escape from.

We fought to end slavery, and then we slowly worked to improve the situation for all people in America.

And as a Christian we have all sinned and I am only saved through Christ. And they say judge not because you too could be judged. I try to be tolerant and forgiving. And God loves everyone, that is the Golden Rule is to love your neighbor as God loves you. If we all obeyed the Golden Rule and the Ten Commandments then it would be a great world.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: June 01, 2023, 06:10:21 PM »

Preach it in the churches Tony and God bless.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: June 01, 2023, 06:33:39 PM »

I have been. You should pay more attention to something other than hard right wish fulfillment fantasies.
The hard right decided to take a symbolic or small victory saving its furor for thr bigger fights.
The democrats leapt at the chance to escape a battle that would have ruined them as serious lawmakers.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: June 01, 2023, 06:46:55 PM »

The hard right decided to take a symbolic or small victory saving its furor for thr bigger fights.
Snicker. Never change.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: June 01, 2023, 07:16:50 PM »

So you missed the Freedom Caucus furor and pants-shitting over Kevin's deal, the last couple days. 

BAE, Bubble Boy.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 594