Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2709 2710 [2711] 2712 2713 ... 2722

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 500833 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40650 on: April 22, 2024, 06:27:18 PM »

It may be that Harry and Barton need a time out.
It on seems like that to you because you only pay attention to polls that say what you like. Because you saying "dump the partisan garbage" is a strong contender for the biggest self own in this forum's history.
I would be in last place if the criterion was least partisan.
fify.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40651 on: April 22, 2024, 07:10:37 PM »

It may be that Harry and Barton need a time out.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40652 on: April 22, 2024, 07:33:42 PM »

With his courageous and principled efforts to secure support for a vital legislative package of aid to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan, House Speaker Mike Johnson not only has strengthened U.S. allies and sent a powerful warning to our adversaries. He is making America great again.

Wall Street Journal

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40653 on: April 22, 2024, 08:00:51 PM »

Johnson got on board with President Biden, Senators Shumer, Lankford and McConnell, the joint chiefs and the intelligence community after six months when he finally realized that more foot dragging would not only fail but make him look as big a traitor and asshole as trump while still he is failing to support border security.

Though Johnson might not even be the tenth shittiest bastard in his caucus I do not think we need to go and throw him any parade.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40654 on: April 22, 2024, 08:02:16 PM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article287896095.html

DeSantis goes out of his way to secure protected status for immigrants he found in Texas. Doing Florida tax payers proud.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #40655 on: April 22, 2024, 09:29:47 PM »

The House stood up for America this week.
Speaker Mike Johnson faced down his own party to get aid for Ukraine and watched as even bigger bi partisan battles were won to aid Israel,  and Taiwan.

Johnson certainly outshone Biden as a leader.
Uh... by doing the bare minimum we should expect from a legislative leader and allowing a vote on a bill with broad bipartisan support? He could not even get the majority of his party on board for Ukraine. Yeah, kudos for standing up to the Putin wing of his own party, but that says more about the brutal dysfunction of the Republican  party and zero about his leadership.
LOL!
Ah yes the best forgotten attitude of Nancy Pelosi who never held a vote unless her side could win.
Johnson forged a better aid package to Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan, et al, and let the Whole House decide.
He preferred sending money rather than American soldiers into a mess mismanaged by Joe Biden.

Biden was not sending money nor soldiers to aid Ukraine. The US is sending weapon systems and ammo to defend Ukraine.
Oh so the systems Joe sent never cost us anything?

Most of the money was spent in the USA.

Look it up.
it might be time for you to leave the Biden Plantation.

Shut the fuck up, Dickie!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40656 on: April 23, 2024, 08:33:53 AM »

With his courageous and principled efforts to secure support for a vital legislative package of aid to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan, House Speaker Mike Johnson not only has strengthened U.S. allies and sent a powerful warning to our adversaries. He is making America great again.

Wall Street Journal
"Wall Street Journal publicly fellating a prominent Repo for doing his job" is a Dog Bites Man story.

Johnson took six months to grow a pair, during which an outgunned Ukraine suffered territorial losses it will lose a lot of men and material trying to take back. His failure to confront the Putin Wing of his party head on in November was cowardice and failure, even if he has slightly redeemed himself.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40657 on: April 23, 2024, 08:45:02 AM »

And the idea that Johnson made "courageous and principled efforts to secure support" for Ukraine and is stupid. That support always existed in Congress, because all Democrats supported Ukraine aid. As did enough Repos to pass the package. He did not.even secure a majority of the majority to support it. If anything, his six month delay probably cost Ukraine Repo support because it strengthened the hands of Moscow Marjorie and the rest of the Putin Wing.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40658 on: April 23, 2024, 11:00:37 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article287896095.html

DeSantis goes out of his way to secure protected status for immigrants he found in Texas. Doing Florida tax payers proud.
To be fair, Johnson did bring the bill to the floor despite not having a majority of the Repo caucus on board. Not every past Repo speaker would have due to the second most famous Hastert Rule. The most famous being, "Them high school wrestlers ain't athletes, them's opportunities."

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40659 on: April 23, 2024, 11:09:13 AM »

And the idea that Johnson made "courageous and principled efforts to secure support" for Ukraine
stands in stark contrast to our feckless President.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40660 on: April 23, 2024, 11:23:52 AM »

And the idea that Johnson made "courageous and principled efforts to secure support" for Ukraine
stands in stark contrast to our feckless President.
Liar. Biden, and every House Dem, has been on board for Ukraine aid from the beginning. Johnson and Hoise Republicans were the roadblock.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 11:25:57 AM by Hairy Lime »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40661 on: April 23, 2024, 11:50:52 AM »

Now Red is just provoking.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40662 on: April 23, 2024, 12:06:41 PM »

Red is the kind of loser who whines as shrinks away to nothing.

He is is related to the villains in Roger Rabbit and the witch from Oz in that way.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40663 on: April 23, 2024, 12:12:31 PM »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40664 on: April 23, 2024, 06:17:04 PM »

Taiwan is a omplete scam. If China chose to invade 10 billion would not help. Money for nothing and the chicks are free.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 2709 2710 [2711] 2712 2713 ... 2722