Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121879 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1290 on: September 19, 2022, 06:42:52 PM »

(Good) News Item

A federal appeals court upheld a Texas law on Friday that seeks to curb censorship by social media platforms. The ruling, a major victory for Republicans who charge companies like Twitter and Facebook are limiting free speech, is a step in a major legal battle that could end up at the Supreme Court.

In his opinion, Federal Judge Andrew S. Oldham of the Fifth Circuit said the platforms argued for a rather odd inversion of the First Amendment that  buried somewhere in the enumerated right to free speech lies a corporation s unenumerated right to muzzle free speech. Today we reject the idea that corporations have a freewheeling First Amendment right to censor what people say.
Nice to note RedDickJimmEspn only supports the First Amendment rights of conservative corporations.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: September 19, 2022, 07:26:43 PM »

(Good) News Item

A federal appeals court upheld a Texas law on Friday that seeks to curb censorship by social media platforms. The ruling, a major victory for Republicans who charge companies like Twitter and Facebook are limiting free speech, is a step in a major legal battle that could end up at the Supreme Court.

In his opinion, Federal Judge Andrew S. Oldham of the Fifth Circuit said the platforms argued for a rather odd inversion of the First Amendment that  buried somewhere in the enumerated right to free speech lies a corporation s unenumerated right to muzzle free speech. Today we reject the idea that corporations have a freewheeling First Amendment right to censor what people say.
Nice to note RedDickJimmEspn only supports the First Amendment rights of conservative corporations.
The Texas Law does not discriminate against corporations by political opinions.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1292 on: September 19, 2022, 07:41:46 PM »

(Good) News Item

The Texas Law does not discriminate against corporations by political opinions.

BIDEN RULE

Forget arguing with this dickhead he is only a parrot for concepts he does not understand
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: September 20, 2022, 06:10:33 AM »

This place is crazy, we have people coming from all over the world, there are hotel rooms at Disney going for $800 per night, and yet we have homeless people living at the bus stops. And every now and then we have murders. On the issue of our City Government, it is great if we have honest people, but there is a fountain of wealth that attracts corruption. And 30% of our people are foreign born, aside from the 50,000 tourists we get here every day.

The stars all have security, and Disneyland has security all over.

I have been trying to get people to open hostels for the homeless, so they can shower and sleep in a bed for $15 per night like in Rome, Italy, but everyone here is too greedy, they want for people to pay $80 per night for a motel room.

My record is clean, so I can serve in public office if I ever need to. And I can help at City Hall.

And 50,000 new tourists will be here tomorrow. Every new day has all new people to sell stuff to.

Then we have us Americans and Mexicans who have been here forever. We are down here 100 miles from the Mexican Border. Mexico is our number one trade partner down here. We need to invest in the ports in Mexico, it would be wise.

I still want to build a high speed train between Anaheim and Vegas, but there are too many greedy people wanting to sell cars and gasoline, etc. And the airports are greedy. Biden said he loves trains, we need to be building high speed trains all over the USA. And on our California high speed train the route between Lancaster and Los Angeles should have been the first route, and meanwhile we need to get more people working on the project and we need to speed it up.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: September 20, 2022, 04:43:49 PM »

There is a Renewable Energy Conference going on at the Anaheim Convention Center, it is good for everyone, and the convention is good for Anaheim because we the Citizens own the Convention Center, whenever we have a conference then some of the money goes to our City to help the homeless people, etc.

And as we build new housing, I am reminding them to keep it fun, with fun landscaping, and with swimming pools and tennis courts, like in Rome, and in Athens. And we need hostels where people can shower and where people can sleep in a bed for $15 per night.

Money from our Convention Center is going right into housing for the homeless, and we need to keep it nice like Rome, and like Athens.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 20, 2022, 05:07:54 PM »

And we need hostels where people can shower and where people can sleep in a bed for $15 per night.
Surely the LA area has plenty of flop houses.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 20, 2022, 05:15:36 PM »

Anaheim is one of the wealthiest cities in the world, with 50,000 guests per day for Disneyland alone. We need to have nice housing for the poor, and we need to have nice parks, and nice landscaping, and pools and tennis courts, etc. And we can do like Greece, and France, and we can squeeze people into beautiful yet small high density apartments, with nice outdoor space and nice courtyards, etc. We can sell people books, and they can read books at the park, etc. Anaheim is a world class city.

And we have a Medical School at UCI, and we have the Dodge film school at Chapman, and now Fullerton Community College is training students for jobs working for Disney. That is a great new program and Disney is a great company.

Anaheim is world class city, we need to stop the crime, and we need to clean it up and make it nice, so people can feel safe with their children and with their families. And we want for the tourists to all feel safe here.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: September 20, 2022, 05:22:26 PM »

And we need hostels where people can shower and where people can sleep in a bed for $15 per night.

No, the streets are lined with homeless people, and RVs full of homeless people. Los Angeles needs to allow people to run hostels tax free to cheaply provide a bed and a shower for people. In Italy they can shower and sleep in a bed for $15.

The RVs can park in Acton, California, and we can get the homeless all into hostels. And people need to build apartments like crazy. And as people build, people need to keep it fun and they need to build nice stuff.

In the OC we have the MHA and the Wellness Center which are putting people into housing, but good old fashioned European style hostels would help big time.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: September 20, 2022, 05:41:07 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 20, 2022, 06:33:20 PM »

House announces one further day of hearings

Which basically means they have BUPKUS.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: September 20, 2022, 07:04:18 PM »

Yup. 100 - 150 a night flop houses, if you are lucky.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: September 20, 2022, 07:08:12 PM »

If by Bupkus you mean trump, by his tiny wrinkled nuts, you are 100 percent correct.

You republicans will have to interrupt your big gay fascist orgy for his funeral.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1302 on: September 20, 2022, 07:48:49 PM »

It announced the NEXT hearing...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: September 21, 2022, 11:56:06 AM »

The reason why Rome does not have homeless people on the streets there is because people can get a shower and a bed for $15 per night.

California needs hostels like Rome, for $15 per night for a shower and a bed, and the hostels need to be listed on the web, etc, and need to be easy to find.

Rome is amazing, and I want to go back, meanwhile one of my Buddies wants for me to try to use what I learned in order to make California better, he wants me to share my ideas with California, and he wants for me to help California to become more like Rome.

So we need fountains, and statues, and outdoor landscaping, and cobblestone courtyards, etc.

Here is a cool, cheap Hotel in Rome in the neighborhood where I spent 6 weeks back in 2003... I will return when I can...

http://www.hotelivanhoe.it/

And a thing in Rome, it is the Christian capital of the world, there are churches all over, and you can feel the love in the streets, the people are so kind there. California needs more churches, and more kindness.

One cool area in the USA is Saint Augustine, Florida, they have cobblestone streets, it is really a beautiful City. The USA can learn from Saint Augustine.

As we build new housing here in Anaheim we need to include amazing landscaping like in Italy. And we need hostels, etc.

And California has great weather so we need swimming pools and tennis courts, etc. And great outdoor spaces.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: September 21, 2022, 01:56:45 PM »

A Mexican company just bought 10% of Nordsrtom, but Nordstrom does not want to be bought out...

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/mexican-department-store-chain-liverpool-buys-99-stake-nordstrom-2022-09-16/

The Mexicans should buy The Broadway, and they should bring The Broadway Department Stores back to the USA, they can start in Pasadena, California, and then they can go from there, San Bernardino, and then Las Vegas, etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Broadway

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 02:00:40 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 577