Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121871 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2220 on: December 15, 2022, 10:29:20 PM »

I've read several stories reporting that the "the French" are looking to open studios in Battle Mountain, Nevada.

That would actually be fantastic, but the trained talent is in Southern California for the Entertainment Industry. The French can make cheese in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and they can mine for Gold, and they can grow and make the good deli stone ground mustard, and they can raise beef for McDonald's, and they can raise pigs and they can sell bacon to San Francisco, there is a lot that can be done in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and Battle Mountain has an airport, etc. But, California is the place for film and television production, all of the trained talent is in California.

Anaheim would be the perfect spot for the French to open a movie and television studio, the talent is abundant in Anaheim.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: December 15, 2022, 11:00:30 PM »

Tony V has undeniable super powers.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: December 15, 2022, 11:07:07 PM »

For the refugees at the border coming to the USA desperate looking for jobs...

Orange Juice prices are spiking as Florida orange growers suffer because of storms.

https://www.investing.com/commodities/orange-juice

Thus, the refugees can come to California and they can plant orange trees, and they can pick oranges, and they can help to make orange juice, etc. The refugees can join the United Farm Workers and they can work for Sunkist, etc.

As the immigrants come to the USA we can put a lot of people to work growing oranges and picking fruit and making orange juice, etc.

I also think that we can get the Chinese to drink MIMOSAS, with orange juice from California and with Andre Cold Duck. Italians and others are drinking mimosas now, and we can get the Chinese to drink mimosas too, and we can sell them orange juice and wine from California.

We can create good jobs for the refugees and for the desperate immigrants.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: December 16, 2022, 12:13:47 AM »

When you put it in all-caps, who can refuse?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: December 16, 2022, 03:59:22 AM »

Massive immigration both legal and illegal in the name of cheap labor is a very bad idea.
Americans seem to be in love with cheap labor and illegal immigration.
Little do they realise that it will be THEIR jobs that go, go to cheap-labor outsourcing companies etc onshore, and offshore.
 ...just as did mrs bambu's job.

Comparison is the thief of joy.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: December 16, 2022, 10:54:44 AM »

Orange Juice prices are spiking as Florida orange growers suffer because of storms.

Thus, the refugees can come to California and they can plant orange trees, and they can pick oranges, and they can help to make orange juice, etc. The refugees can join the United Farm Workers and they can work for Sunkist, etc.

As the immigrants come to the USA we can put a lot of people to work growing oranges and picking fruit and making orange juice, etc.

I also think that we can get the Chinese to drink MIMOSAS, with orange juice from California and with Andre Cold Duck. Italians and others are drinking mimosas now, and we can get the Chinese to drink mimosas too, and we can sell them orange juice and wine from California.

Salute,

Tony V.
Cold Duck? What, the store was out of MD 20/20?
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: December 16, 2022, 11:39:10 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.
Cold Duck? What, the store was out of MD 20/20?

Mad Dog does not sparkle but this track does!

https://youtu.be/y8YOLY4Tats

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: December 16, 2022, 01:00:29 PM »

Good sax.  One of my first LPs was a compilation from Montreux. 

Meanwhile, stupid bottlenecks in all the renewable energy projects waiting to get going.  Needed:  new power lines. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/16/opinion/solar-wind-electricity.html

One of America s most successful projects in the 20th century was the construction of the Interstate Highway System. Imagine if President Eisenhower had said: (quote) We will eventually build a transcontinental highway system, but only to the extent that trucking companies can raise the funds among themselves to cover the upfront costs. (end quote) We would still be fighting about it today. Instead, by spreading the costs across society, the Eisenhower administration got it done, to the enormous economic benefit of the entire United States....
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: December 16, 2022, 01:16:08 PM »

While I am not a fan of the British by any means, I think that Harry and Meghan could benefit from attending Leadership Training.

Right now Harry and Meghan keep complaining and talking about how bad it is to be in the royal family of England, and they are just smearing mud all over the royal family, instead of using their fame and good fortune to help other people.

The first thing they teach you in Leadership Training is to stop complaining and to take responsibility for the things that we do have control over, and to use our adversities to become stronger, and to do service to help others.

Harry and Meghan need to stop complaining about how bad the royal family is, and about how bad it is to be rich and famous, and they need to gain strength from their adversities, and they need to use their position to help other people, and become leaders.

Harry and Meghan have been living here in California, where we have a huge problem with homelessness, and other problems, including illegal drugs and a fentanyl problem, etc, etc, etc. Instead of complaining about how bad it is to be royals, they can use their fame as royals to help other people.

Instead of being victims, Harry and Meghan need to be leaders.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 01:23:21 PM by FlyingVProd »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: December 16, 2022, 01:54:21 PM »

<virtual face palm>

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: December 16, 2022, 02:00:42 PM »

While I am not a fan of the British by any means, I think that Harry and Meghan could benefit from attending Leadership Training.

Right now Harry and Meghan keep complaining and talking about how bad it is to be in the royal family of England, and they are just smearing mud all over the royal family, instead of using their fame and good fortune to help other people.

The first thing they teach you in Leadership Training is to stop complaining and to take responsibility for the things that we do have control over, and to use our adversities to become stronger, and to do service to help others.

Harry and Meghan need to stop complaining about how bad the royal family is, and about how bad it is to be rich and famous, and they need to gain strength from their adversities, and they need to use their position to help other people, and become leaders.

Harry and Meghan have been living here in California, where we have a huge problem with homelessness, and other problems, including illegal drugs and a fentanyl problem, etc, etc, etc. Instead of complaining about how bad it is to be royals, they can use their fame as royals to help other people.

Instead of being victims, Harry and Meghan need to be leaders.

Salute,

Tony V.
They should move to Battle Mountain.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: December 17, 2022, 10:43:28 AM »

Saw that news, had chuckle at the free speech enthusiast Musk discovering what some free speech entails.

That said, I wouldn't be posting links to a doxxing site even if it's for a celebrity who is presumed to be hardened to public attention.  I do believe in a right to privacy and not being tracked wherever you go.  For everyone. I don't think Aaron Rupar intended that kind of violation, and could simply agree to vet his reposts a bit more.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: December 17, 2022, 01:12:33 PM »

Today is the Birthday of Pope Francis, he is a great man of peace, and he is a wonderful Pope.

When I was in Rome the Pope was Pope John Paul II, and he was great too, but he was sick when I was in Rome so I did not get to meet him.

I have been fortunate that the Catholic Church has had wonderful Popes in my lifetime.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: December 17, 2022, 08:14:16 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/17/1142675809/cleanup-for-keystone-pipeline-oil-spill-kansas

For those who scoffed that the Keystone pipeline could pose any serious risk. 

Walk, bike, ride transit, trade for better mpg...take whatever baby steps you can to help say no to liquid bitumen, the worst form of crude.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 577