Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121892 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2535 on: January 21, 2023, 02:17:51 PM »

Ok, can a lawyer explain this?

A federal judge ruled Friday that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis violated the First Amendment and the Florida Constitution by removing an elected state prosecutor, but that the federal courts lack the power to reinstate him.   
        (AP News)

My question: why do the federal courts need to?  If Warrens removal was illegal, and so the petitioners claim of illegality was ruled correct by the Court, then wouldnt reinstatement be automatic?  It would seem to me Warren has won the substance of his case and should return to his office in Hillsborough county.  Sigh.  I guess the law is too complicated for that.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: January 21, 2023, 02:40:37 PM »

Ok, can a lawyer explain this?

A federal judge ruled Friday that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis violated the First Amendment and the Florida Constitution by removing an elected state prosecutor, but that the federal courts lack the power to reinstate him.   
        (AP News)

My question: why do the federal courts need to?  If Warrens removal was illegal, and so the petitioners claim of illegality was ruled correct by the Court, then wouldnt reinstatement be automatic?  It would seem to me Warren has won the substance of his case and should return to his office in Hillsborough county.  Sigh.  I guess the law is too complicated for that.
No. It is pretty straight forward as the Trial Judge noted in his opinion, had you read it.

The Eleventh Amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits a federal court from awarding relief of the kind at issue against a state official based only on a violation of state law. And the suspension would have occurred even had there been no First Amendment violation, the First Amendment violation was not essential to the outcome.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: January 21, 2023, 05:14:28 PM »

shouldn't be very long before all women in the West are covered in tattoos and/or have their lips puffed up.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: January 21, 2023, 05:16:09 PM »

Mayor Karen Bass is off to a slow start, she said she wanted to be prepared so that she could help the homeless on day 1, but then she had to organize, and she is still organizing, slowly she is helping the homeless, including recently helping the homeless in Santa Monica, but she is off to a slow start. Mayor Bass has my support in helping the homeless, and I will happily send her my ideas. And I can send ideas to Rick Caruso as well. And I sent ideas to Carlos Santana and to Goldie Hawn on Facebook, etc. And I send ideas to Vice President Harris on Facebook.

I want to see Mayor Bass succeed in helping the homeless, and I will help however I can.

I also suggest that people open hostels in Hollywood where people can shower and where people can sleep in a bed for $15 per night.

Salute,

Tony V.

Caruso could have opened a ton of $15 a night hostels with $100 million dollars

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: January 21, 2023, 05:56:33 PM »

Mayor Karen Bass is off to a slow start, she said she wanted to be prepared so that she could help the homeless on day 1, but then she had to organize, and she is still organizing, slowly she is helping the homeless, including recently helping the homeless in Santa Monica, but she is off to a slow start. Mayor Bass has my support in helping the homeless, and I will happily send her my ideas. And I can send ideas to Rick Caruso as well. And I sent ideas to Carlos Santana and to Goldie Hawn on Facebook, etc. And I send ideas to Vice President Harris on Facebook.

I want to see Mayor Bass succeed in helping the homeless, and I will help however I can.

I also suggest that people open hostels in Hollywood where people can shower and where people can sleep in a bed for $15 per night.

Salute,

Tony V.
The King of Spain and the spawn of the Shah shod help move all the homeless move to Battle Mountain and produce their screenplays.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: January 21, 2023, 07:37:37 PM »

Then there are the smart-asses physically and verbally abusing malnourished, physically and mentally weak homeless people.
These young morons don't realise that one day they could be living on the streets homeless themselves.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: January 21, 2023, 08:38:21 PM »

We can have the music of the future, and the music of peace and of justice, etc.

https://youtu.be/XAj82yZMJ-4

And we can have hippies with egg farms, and hippies making cheese, etc.

And they can all sell food to San Francisco, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: January 22, 2023, 10:21:35 AM »

Happy Year of the Cat, y'all.  (Rabbit, in China, but I am going with the Southeast Asian lunar new year which goes with the cat)

A greeting already tinged with a bitter note thanks to the sicko in Monterey Park last night. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: January 22, 2023, 02:01:59 PM »

The Vietnamese Americans are celebrating in Westminster, the police here in the OC will keep them safe, and they have SWAT snipers on the roof tops helping to provide security for their parade.

My Mother lived in Westminster when she was a child, and she loved it.

After the end of the Vietnam War the people from Vietnam were brought to Camp Pendleton and from there they were allowed to choose where in the USA they wanted to live, and they picked Westminster, California, so Westminster is now home to many people from Vietnam.

I talked with some people about what it was like when Vietnam fell to communism and when they escaped to America, and they said the communists in Vietnam were dangerous, and they were like savages, and they would kill anyone who did not go along with their bullshit. They said the communists were dangerous in Vietnam. They were grateful to escape to the USA. Also, many people from Vietnam escaped to France, and there are a lot of people from Vietnam living in France.

Right now we are bringing people from Ukraine to the USA, and I suggest they look at Battle Mountain, Nevada, as they are searching for a home, the same way that the people from Vietnam picked Westminster, California. Also, Napa, and Merced, are nice areas for the refugees from Ukraine, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: January 22, 2023, 02:12:54 PM »

Happy Year of the Cat, y'all.  (Rabbit, in China, but I am going with the Southeast Asian lunar new year which goes with the cat)

A greeting already tinged with a bitter note thanks to the sicko in Monterey Park last night.

Time to introduce absolute security in places and at times like that.
 Shooter reported as an "Asian male" in a "largely Asian city".

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: January 22, 2023, 02:35:35 PM »

There are still some of the old hippies alive, we have Carlos Santana here in Los Angeles, and he is all about peace and love, and Carlos is great, and he wants to get together with people to help to make society better. There is also Goldie Hawn, and she wants to help people. And Cher is an old hippie. There are still some old hippies alive. Meryl Streep is also an old hippy. The hippies can help society, and they can help to guide the homeless people, and they can help to teach the homeless people about communes and about farming and about how to make cheese, etc. The old hippies can help to guide the homeless people.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: January 22, 2023, 04:33:26 PM »

The police caught the bad guy, they found him dead in a van from a self inflicted gunshot wound. So sad about the victims.

It is good that the people in Westminster had their party in spite of the killer, they did not let the killer spoil their parade and celebration.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: January 22, 2023, 06:07:45 PM »

With the hard times, a lot of people will learn to quit smoking cigarettes, smoking is a very expensive habit which the poor people can no longer afford, and after they quit they will be healthier and they will live longer.

The poor people will also have to give up their cars. Cars are too expensive, and with registration and gasoline and insurance and with tires and upkeep, it is just not worth it to own a car. It is better to give up your car, and you can use the money on more important things like food and shelter.

And people will not be able to afford to be obese in the future. People will have a limited budget and they will not be able to afford to eat enough to be fat. When I was a kid I was poor and skinny and I could not afford to eat enough to get fat, and my Mother was a single widow with 3 children to raise, none of us could afford to be fat. People in the future will be eating cheap and abundant apples and oranges, and vegetables, and they will not be able to eat the junk food, and the people in the future with be thinner and healthier. We need to teach the poor how to cook, and how to eat healthy. And we can put the homeless people to work growing apples and oranges, etc.

We are heading into another recession, and people are getting laid off. Along with the 60,000 homeless people that we already have in Los Angeles.

And we need more Wellness Centers, and Mental Health Associations, and cheap hostels where people can take a shower and where they can sleep in a bed for $15 per night. ( And if people will quit smoking, then they can sleep in a bed at a hostel for the price of a pack of cigarettes. )

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 06:25:37 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: January 22, 2023, 06:50:33 PM »

In the future the people in America are going to be like the French, they will live with their parents until they are 40 years old, when they live on their own then they live in a tiny apartment, no one owns a car and they walk everywhere and ride bicycles, etc, and public transportation, etc. They are all thin because they cannot afford to eat enough to be fat. Plus there is the benefit of the Mediterranean Diet. And they grow grapes and they make their own wine so they always have cheap and abundant wine. And the French eat healthy and they grow their own food.  The French just need to quit smoking cigarettes.

And Americans will be like the Greeks, who are happy with good food, and good wine, and a good book, and with community theatre, and with a telescope the see the sky at night, etc.

We are also like the Romans, and our battles here are at Angel Stadium during the baseball games. And we have the Ducks hockey team.

Right now not very many Americans are out walking to the store, and to the post office, etc, but soon we will see a lot more people out walking, like the French, and like the Romans, and like the Greeks. Soon many Americans will be out walking.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 577