Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121867 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2685 on: February 10, 2023, 05:31:07 AM »

Oops...in bambuworld...
"1000 CCP security cameras in govt buildings".
All the said cameras to be replaced, hopefully by American ones.
Take out the Chinese ones and replace them with American ones...best policy.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: February 10, 2023, 11:29:29 AM »

Wrong.
The Smithsonian was created by Act of Congress.

It's a public/private partnership, cofounded with a large donation from a British scientist and still partly supported by private money.  I used to be a member.
Your membership would have provided perks like a magazine, dining privileges at various locations, etc.
As a trust instrumentality, it's not actually a part of any of the three branches of government.
The Smithsonian is a federal government entity and a 501c(3) charitable organization. Donations such as memberships can be tax deductible.

So their facilities do not constitute a venue for public demonstration by political groups.
Wrong Smithsonian facilities belong to all American Citizens  who collectively pay over a $Billion dollars a year in taxes to finance over 2/3rds of its budget.
The debate in previous posts concerned free speech within the museums confines, a protection of the US Constitution, and certainly a given in a taxpayer funded building housing a government entity.
Personally, I would have given the hats a pass if the kids were well behaved, and skipped gassing up the media outrage machine

Fortunately the Founding Fathers relieved you of that responsibility 230 odd years ago.

Lime was calling it a private organization, and I was simply making the point that he was partially right in that it's a public-private partnership. And you were, also, partially right. 

However, the mere fact a building is taxpayer funded does not automatically mean it's going to allow political demonstrations.  While I would agree that hats aren't really a demonstration, and that staff overreacted, I am not at all sure an actual demonstration would be allowed in such taxpayer funded buildings as the General Assembly Building at Cape Canaveral or The Library of Congress.  Individual buildings have rules as to the scope of public access and activity, without any Constitutional issue.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: February 10, 2023, 12:42:57 PM »

Wrong.
The Smithsonian was created by Act of Congress.

It's a public/private partnership, cofounded with a large donation from a British scientist and still partly supported by private money.  I used to be a member.
Your membership would have provided perks like a magazine, dining privileges at various locations, etc.
As a trust instrumentality, it's not actually a part of any of the three branches of government.
The Smithsonian is a federal government entity and a 501c(3) charitable organization. Donations such as memberships can be tax deductible.

So their facilities do not constitute a venue for public demonstration by political groups.
Wrong Smithsonian facilities belong to all American Citizens  who collectively pay over a $Billion dollars a year in taxes to finance over 2/3rds of its budget.
The debate in previous posts concerned free speech within the museums confines, a protection of the US Constitution, and certainly a given in a taxpayer funded building housing a government entity.
Personally, I would have given the hats a pass if the kids were well behaved, and skipped gassing up the media outrage machine

Fortunately the Founding Fathers relieved you of that responsibility 230 odd years ago.

Lime was calling it a private organization, and I was simply making the point that he was partially right in that it's a public-private partnership. And you were, also, partially right. 
There is no
Partial

Involved.
The Smithsonian belongs to every American. That is whole reason it exists.

However, the mere fact a building is taxpayer funded does not automatic mean it's going to allow political demonstrations.
The issue is free speech , protected right to express yourself without government reprisal.
The Smithsonian is a public financed Institution and its guards denied the students free speech. The guards have been retrained .

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: February 10, 2023, 04:11:07 PM »

California needs to have incentives for people to make movies and television shows here in Hollywood if we employ local workers and if we spend money at local hotels and restaurants, etc. And it takes a huge team to make a movie, and it creates a lot of jobs, and if we hire all local people then we can do a lot to help our community here in Hollywood. I can hire a local Cinematographer, a local Sound Engineer, a local Casting Director, a local Editor, and on and on, local Fashion Designers, it takes a huge team to make a movie, plus all of the talent, etc.

The lady who wrote "Harry Potter" demanded that it be filmed in England with all British workers. She did a lot to help England, and she is the richest woman in England.

I can make my movie here in Hollywood, and in Malibu, with a few scenes in Pasadena, and some shots in the Hollywood Hills, etc, and I can use all local workers, so I think Governor Newsom and Mayor Bass and others need to provide incentives to film in Hollywood and to use local workers and to spend money here.

And we could be making a lot of movies and television shows here if we had tax breaks and incentives.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 04:20:43 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: February 10, 2023, 09:43:40 PM »

Yes, the folly of exporting *all* one's manufacturing
 jobs to China etc, and importing cheap labor, was/is huge.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: February 11, 2023, 02:12:36 PM »

Education is the answer for America, like with Athens, we need to educate our people and we need for our people to own companies all around the world. We also need to teach our people how to get a Copyright and a Patent, etc.

And the same way that "All roads lead to Rome" then all roads need to lead to America.

We need to build new schools in Kentucky, and in Chicago, and all over the USA, we need to make a huge investment in education for our people and for libraries, etc.

We also need for ALL people in the USA to have equal opportunities, which is enforced by our Equal Opportunity Act of 1964.

Also of note, is that our ancestors worked hard and they passed down blessings, such as the fact that our ancestors built 1,500 dams here in California to help with the issue of water for farming and for the people. We are blessed from work that our ancestors did.

And some jobs cannot be exported, such as health care, education, building housing, law enforcement, defense, etc, providing food and grocery stores, doing real estate, etc.

On the issue of the Entertainment Industry, guys like Aaron Spelling created a lot of jobs here in Hollywood, and we need to have tax breaks and incentives to bring the Entertainment Industry back to Hollywood. And I could create a lot of jobs here making movies and television shows if the fuckers would let me work, and if I could get the funding.

Anyhow, education is the answer, and teaching our immigrants how to speak English, and opening more libraries, etc.

The jobs in the USA are changing, instead of mining coal, they will be finding cures for diseases while working as Research Scientists for Amgen, etc. We can have libraries, schools, and laboratories in Kentucky where they can work to find a cure for Cancer, etc.

We need to educate our people and we need to rise to a higher level, and an education must be expected for all Americans, they need to obey the law, they need to behave like polite ladies and gentlemen, and we need to teach our people how to become Research Scientists, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: February 11, 2023, 03:15:13 PM »

A Research Scientist at Amgen earns $140,000 per year, being a Scientist is a good job, and they can work to find a cure for Cancer, etc.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Amgen-Scientist-Salaries-E1130_D_KO6,15.htm

We need to educate the people of Kentucky, we need to teach them how to do Research and Development, etc, and we can teach them how to get Copyrights and Patents, etc, and we can have companies such as Amgen open laboratories in Kentucky.

When I was poor there were people who were telling me to AIM HIGH, when I worked at Universal then the people who I worked with wanted for me to buy the studio. People wanted for me to aim high, and I want for the people of Kentucky to AIM HIGH, and for all Americans to AIM HIGH. Instead of mining coal, they can be Scientists.

Education is the answer for Kentucky, and libraries, and laboratories.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: February 12, 2023, 11:31:02 AM »

Education is the answer for America, like with Athens, we need to educate our people and we need for our people to own companies all around the world. We also need to teach our people how to get a Copyright and a Patent, etc.

And the same way that "All roads lead to Rome" then all roads need to lead to America.

We need to build new schools in Kentucky, and in Chicago, and all over the USA, we need to make a huge investment in education for our people and for libraries, etc.

We also need for ALL people in the USA to have equal opportunities, which is enforced by our Equal Opportunity Act of 1964.

Also of note, is that our ancestors worked hard and they passed down blessings, such as the fact that our ancestors built 1,500 dams here in California to help with the issue of water for farming and for the people. We are blessed from work that our ancestors did.

And some jobs cannot be exported, such as health care, education, building housing, law enforcement, defense, etc, providing food and grocery stores, doing real estate, etc.

On the issue of the Entertainment Industry, guys like Aaron Spelling created a lot of jobs here in Hollywood, and we need to have tax breaks and incentives to bring the Entertainment Industry back to Hollywood. And I could create a lot of jobs here making movies and television shows if the fuckers would let me work, and if I could get the funding.

Anyhow, education is the answer, and teaching our immigrants how to speak English, and opening more libraries, etc.

The jobs in the USA are changing, instead of mining coal, they will be finding cures for diseases while working as Research Scientists for Amgen, etc. We can have libraries, schools, and laboratories in Kentucky where they can work to find a cure for Cancer, etc.

We need to educate our people and we need to rise to a higher level, and an education must be expected for all Americans, they need to obey the law, they need to behave like polite ladies and gentlemen, and we need to teach our people how to become Research Scientists, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Not likely to attract the best and brighest to teaching, educating America's children, if the salary is only $40,000pa in Catholic schools and $60,000 in public schools.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: February 12, 2023, 11:41:17 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Not likely to attract the best and brighest to teaching, educating America's children, if the salary is only $40,000pa in Catholic schools and $60,000 in public schools.

We could pay more if GOP stopped siphoning off funds through School Choice scams.

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2023/02/07/ohio-public-schools-under-attack-while-lack-of-accountability-allows-nazi-homeschooling-scandal/

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: February 12, 2023, 12:48:47 PM »

Anyone who thinks the Hunter Biden laptop is a huge scandal should google Saudi investment fund Kushner Trump Bin Salman.

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: February 12, 2023, 02:50:34 PM »

Hopefully we can get Biden and the Government of Kentucky and others to work together to help to build schools and libraries in Kentucky, and to improve education in Kentucky to retrain the society to be Research Scientists instead of Coal Miners.

On the issue of Catholic schools, the Nuns will work for free, they do not have families and they live in a house full of other Nuns, and so they can live on $40,000 per year. $40,000 per year is plenty for a Nun.

Here in Anaheim we have a new program which allows local people to attend Fullerton Community College and to go right to work for Disney when they graduate. The same thing can happen in Kentucky with Amgen, Amgen can help Kentucky to design schools where the students can go right to work for Amgen when they graduate, etc.

Hopefully the USA will help the people of Kentucky, and companies such as Amgen, but we also have Pope Francis and the Catholic Church, Pope Francis can send schools to Kentucky if Kentucky needs schools and if no one else will send schools to Kentucky. And the Nuns will help to educate the poor people of Kentucky if the Nuns are needed.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: February 12, 2023, 04:09:51 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

We could pay more if GOP stopped siphoning off funds through School Choice scams.

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2023/02/07/ohio-public-schools-under-attack-while-lack-of-accountability-allows-nazi-homeschooling-scandal/
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: February 12, 2023, 04:10:11 PM »

Anyone who thinks the Hunter Biden laptop is a huge scandal should google Saudi investment fund Kushner Trump Bin Salman.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: February 12, 2023, 05:18:31 PM »

A huge part of my education has been from reading books apart from actual classroom study, I am blessed to love reading, and if we can build nice libraries in our poor areas then the people can read books and they can educate themselves apart from any classroom training. And every school gives you a reading list, so it can be the same thing for poor people who desire to improve their lives through reading books. And the libraries can give the people reading lists if they desire, for whatever they may want to study, etc. And companies such as Amgen can give the people a reading list to prepare to study to be a Research Scientist, etc. Even if an area is too poor to afford teachers, then there can be nice libraries where people can read and where people can enrich their lives by gaining wisdom through reading.

Even if we cannot afford teachers for every poor area, we should at least try to have a nice library.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 05:21:55 PM by FlyingVProd »

LarryB!

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 577