Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121880 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3570 on: April 12, 2023, 04:26:34 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2023/4/12/2163535/-Judge-in-Dominion-lawsuit-appoints-special-master-sanctions-Fox-News-for-concealing-evidence

There will be room on the dial for better programming. The loser generation will have to get its fake news somewhere else.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: April 12, 2023, 04:42:57 PM »

I like real news, I do not like it when they have some young girl screaming her opinions at you, I do not consider that to be enjoyable nor informative. I would rather watch real news with older educated and wise people, and I like it when they have retired lawyers who are telling us about the legal cases, etc, I want real experts on the news.

The last time I watched Fox they had young girls screaming their opinions at me, and I had to change the channel.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: April 12, 2023, 05:24:02 PM »

I like real news, I do not like it when they have some young girl screaming her opinions at you, I do not consider that to be enjoyable nor informative. I would rather watch real news with older educated and wise people, and I like it when they have retired lawyers who are telling us about the legal cases, etc, I want real experts on the news.

The last time I watched Fox they had young girls screaming their opinions at me, and I had to change the channel.

Salute,

Tony V.

Then Sky News Australia is best for you.
skynews dot com dot au.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: April 12, 2023, 07:01:36 PM »

News Item

WASHINGTON, D.C.  Outraged Senate Democrats are calling for the investigation of a local black man who allegedly went on vacation without their permission.

"I say, I say, ain't no black man gonna take no vacation on our watch unless he asks us first!" said Senator Dick "Foghorn" Durban while chewing a sprig of wheat and gripping the lapels on his frock coat. "This young man has gotten a bit too uppity for his own good, yessiree!"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 07:03:07 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: April 12, 2023, 07:50:47 PM »

I had worried that you had finally seen the light and that we were not going to be hearing from you any more.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: April 12, 2023, 09:04:15 PM »

Garry Wills never fails to be interesting.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: April 12, 2023, 09:04:54 PM »

News Item

WASHINGTON, D.C.  Outraged Senate Democrats are calling for the investigation of a local black man who allegedly went on vacation without their permission.

"I say, I say, ain't no black man gonna take no vacation on our watch unless he asks us first!" said Senator Dick "Foghorn" Durban while chewing a sprig of wheat and gripping the lapels on his frock coat. "This young man has gotten a bit too uppity for his own good, yessiree!"

No no no!

John Kennedy (R-LA) is Foghorn Leghorn

LarryB!

• View Profile

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: April 12, 2023, 09:06:01 PM »

Garry Wills never fails to be interesting.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: April 12, 2023, 09:16:27 PM »

The Writers Guild of America might go on strike, if they do then I want to support them, and that would be a great way to meet the writers, and I can meet people who have connections with Apple, etc. I can show up nicely dressed early in the morning with a couple of dozen donuts, people love it when someone brings donuts, and I can spend the day marching with the writers. If they march, then I want to go march with them and meet the writers.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: April 12, 2023, 09:55:21 PM »

Meanwhile, across the seas...the mouses are back!     [well, if the plural of 'house' is 'houses'...then the plural of 'mouse' should be 'mouses']

Good summer rain, lots of food now, mild Autumn so far...mouse numbers are getting to plague proportions again in some parts.
Feral cats, snakes etc can't eat them fast enough.

Speaking of english grammar and speech...I've finally worked out what the "new American" language is all about.
Hallmark movies, now elsewhere.

In 'new American', the 'a' sound as in apple etc has been replaced with a 'u'...to sound 'upple'.
The 'e' sound as in egg etc has been replaced with a 'u'...to sound 'ugg'.
'Have' becomes 'huv'.
'Get' becomes 'gut'.
It was all confusing at first, but now I'm understanding better.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: April 12, 2023, 10:15:21 PM »

Bambu, watch the Beach Blanket Bingo movies about the fun surfer parties here in Southern California. They are great movies. And be sure to listen to some Jan and Dean music, those were the fun days here in California.

And California can send all of the cats from the animal shelters in California to Australia and you can set the cats free to eat the mice. Cats are being euthanized here in California, it would be better for them to go hunt mice in Australia.

In Texas the hunters brought Russian boars to hunt and they released them in the wild of Texas, now they have pigs all over Texas, but the pigs provide easy food for hunters, and the hunters donate the meat to feed to the homeless people in Texas, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: April 12, 2023, 10:36:37 PM »

Malibu has lots of rats and mice, so everyone in Malibu has cats, we had 5 cats at our place in Malibu. The same thing in Beverly Hills, they have lots of mice and rats so they all own lots of cats.

And in Rome, Italy, they have cats all over Rome and people put out food and water for the stray cats, and the cats eat the mice and rats, Rome does not have mice and rats because of the cats.

https://mamalovesrome.com/street-cats-of-rome/

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 10:39:17 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: April 12, 2023, 11:12:48 PM »

Bambu, Australia has an embassy here in Los Angeles, Australia works together with California on the issue of film, television, music, fashion, etc, etc, etc, defense, etc, etc, etc.

https://usa.embassy.gov.au/los-angeles

Australia can request the cats from the shelters in California be sent to Australia to hunt the mice, the cats can be saved from being euthanized.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 11:16:06 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: April 12, 2023, 11:28:05 PM »

On the issue of the 40 Acres and a Mule, which today would be 40 Acres and a Business Loan for a tractor, etc, would be good for the Blacks who are the decedents of slaves, and they need to learn how to hire the Mexican Immigrants to work on the land. The Mexicans and the United Farm Workers are a valuable resource here in California, and the Black farmers need to learn how to hire the Mexican workers. We have people begging to come into the USA from Mexico in order to do farm work. The Blacks need to learn how to put the Mexicans to work on the farms.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 577