Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121882 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7260 on: January 25, 2024, 10:15:15 PM »

Bambu blames his mental state on being dropped on his head as a baby. Everything he has done after that is in no way his fault
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: January 25, 2024, 10:17:28 PM »

Sky News:

"Pro Palestine activists join Australia Day protest march."

Why is that not surprising.

Comparison is the thief of joy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: January 25, 2024, 10:23:49 PM »

Bambu blames his mental state on being dropped on his head as a baby. Everything he has done after that is in no way his fault

bambu-wisdom:

"Always have an excuse"
"Always blame someone/something else."
"Never admit liability."
"Always look busy".

The middle two especially applicable to car accidents, advised to me by a senior cop friend  (deceased long ago).
Also good for wars in the workplace, along with last one.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 02:43:05 AM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: January 26, 2024, 03:17:54 AM »

DT today:

Hundreds of protesters have breached police lines outside Parliament House in Canberra as thousands gather for Invasion Day rallies across the country.

The entrance to Parliament House was locked down as First Nations and Palestinian activists marched to the doors chanting "F**k Israel and F**k Australia".

#####

Well there you go.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: January 26, 2024, 10:05:43 AM »

The execution took about 22 minutes, and Smith appeared to remain conscious for several minutes. For at least two minutes, he appeared to shake and writhe on the gurney, sometimes pulling against the restraints. That was followed by several minutes of heavy breathing, until breathing was no longer perceptible. 

Jesus.  Sounds like they basically suffocated him.  Maybe the firing squad should be revived as a method - sounds like it is quick, cheap, no supply chain issues where rifles are concerned, and about as painless as any DP can be.  It is still an option in Utah. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: January 26, 2024, 05:33:00 PM »

The execution took about 22 minutes, and Smith appeared to remain conscious for several minutes. For at least two minutes, he appeared to shake and writhe on the gurney, sometimes pulling against the restraints. That was followed by several minutes of heavy breathing, until breathing was no longer perceptible. 

Jesus.  Sounds like they basically suffocated him.  Maybe the firing squad should be revived as a method - sounds like it is quick, cheap, no supply chain issues where rifles are concerned, and about as painless as any DP can be.  It is still an option in Utah.

Or, death chambers could be abolished altogether...which would be a far better solution.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: January 26, 2024, 05:37:08 PM »

A quote from a rabbi long ago:

If Israel is to be a Jewish and democratic state, it must heed the ancient outcry of the prophet Amos, Behold, you are to me just like the Ethiopians, and treat Arabs and everyone else as equals. It is immoral to proclaim the Palestinians to be interlopers in the land that God gave to the Jews. Those who act on this assertion have forgotten that God gave the Holy Land to the Jews on condition that the stranger be protected, for you were once strangers in the land of Egypt.

The chosen people were chosen to do justice to others.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: January 26, 2024, 08:24:05 PM »

Or, death chambers could be abolished altogether...which would be a far better solution.

Well of course.  My comment was predicated on if we are stuck with the DP, then it should be the most humane method.  While acknowledging that this is only a bandaid on what remains fundamentally immoral.  And, by all statistical evidence, not a deterrent to violent crime.  You don't teach that it's wrong to kill people by...killing people.  Institutionalized vengeance is not the answer.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: January 26, 2024, 09:03:41 PM »

Maybe the firing squad should be revived as a method - sounds like it is quick, cheap, no supply chain issues where rifles are concerned, and about as painless as any DP can be. 
That is true.   You finally got one right.
While acknowledging that this is only a bandaid on what remains fundamentally immoral.  And, by all statistical evidence, not a deterrent to violent crime.

What statistics? There are none.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: January 26, 2024, 10:08:59 PM »

Then there are wrongful convictions.
Innocent people on death row.

innocenceproject dot org

64% of Innocence Project clients who have been freed or exonerated are Black and/or Latinx.

63% of our cases have involved eyewitness
misidentification (including cross-racial misidentification)

53% of our cases have involved the misapplication of forensic science .

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: January 26, 2024, 11:58:14 PM »

👌✌️👍 FAC!

Home, JESUS! now in full technicolor! 😭

Looks good.

Trump should be hitting the good lord up for 83 million just about now.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: January 27, 2024, 01:47:06 AM »

👌✌️👍 FAC!

Home, JESUS! now in full technicolor! 😭

Looks good.

Trump should be hitting the good lord up for 83 million just about now.

If his 70 million supporters each gave $2 he'd be ok.

Maybe he has 150 million supporters now...so $1 each would be enough.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: January 27, 2024, 02:44:59 AM »

50 million at most, most of whom he has scammed broke already.

When the fraud verdict comes in, the defamation award will seem like chicken scratch.

This is why trump is trying to use the VP job to find someone dumb enough to fund the campaign out of his own pocket. Vivek is the front runner it seems.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: January 27, 2024, 12:17:18 PM »

As we work to create a greener more environmentally friendly planet, then we need to make cities more walk-able, along with improving Public Transportation, and creating more jobs that people can do from home with their computers.

Anaheim is very walk-able, in my neighborhood we have several grocery stores, and pharmacies, and City Hall, and parks including one with tennis courts and an amphitheater, and we have good restaurants, etc.

Anaheim also has good Public Transportation, I can get anywhere from here without a car, including to Los Angeles International Airport.

And if I was a writer and poet and screen-writer then I could work from home with my computer. 54% of the modern service economy is Streaming Services, and they all need writers, etc, and people can do many of the modern jobs from home with their computers.

I think Anaheim is a good city, and it has gotten better over the last 25 years, and you can get by in Anaheim without owning a car. And the exercise from walking and from carrying groceries, etc, is healthy for me, I am in great shape from walking everyday.

Anaheim is a good example of a modern walk-able city.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: January 27, 2024, 12:55:38 PM »

If I was a sculptor, heh, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a traveling show
I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song, and this one's for you

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 577