Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2774 2775 [2776] 2777 2778 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1624979 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #41625 on: July 06, 2020, 08:30:33 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-shooting-violence-rikers-inmates-released

“Look at the Rikers population of the last year,” Shea said during an interview on Spectrum NY1’s “Mornings on 1.” “Ask a sane person, it’s about half. Where is that other half right now? We’ve transplanted general population to the streets of New York City, and it’s extremely frustrating.”

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #41626 on: July 06, 2020, 08:30:41 PM »

The Atlanta Mayor is a democrat. What’s your point other than you missed her message.

Try reading the posts you respond to:

The difference between her and yourself REDSTATEWARD is that she sees the shootings as a terrible distraction from the movement, you think they define the movement.
You have both totally disrespected the mayor and misrepresented me.

Needs has met the mayor of Atlanta?   Wow.  I'm impressed.

I do agree that Needs misrepresented Ward.

Needs accused Ward of thinking.

He's just reacting, without conscious thought.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #41627 on: July 06, 2020, 08:32:50 PM »

And we need for our Statue of Liberty to represent what we are all about, not a wall.

The Statue of Liberty was a gift about the freeing of the slaves.

The poem, added many years later, is about immigrants, but does not reflect the gift, itself.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #41628 on: July 06, 2020, 08:37:32 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #41629 on: July 06, 2020, 08:40:27 PM »

In light of my previous posts :

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp declared a state of emergency Monday following an uptick in shootings over the July Fourth weekend that injured 31 people and killed five after weeks of violent crime and property destruction in Atlanta.

“Peaceful protests were hijacked by criminals with a dangerous, destructive agenda. Now, innocent Georgians are being targeted, shot, and left for dead," Kemp, a Republican, said in a statement. "This lawlessness must be stopped and order restored in our capital city. I have declared a State of Emergency and called up the Georgia Guard because the safety of our citizens comes first.

Hours earlier the mayor of Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms issued a full-throated call for citizens to stop ”shooting each other up on our streets," after an 8-year-old girl was shot and killed on the Fourth of July near a Wendy's that has become a flashpoint of anti-police Black Lives Matter (BLM) protests in the city.

Bottoms, a Democrat who is considered a potential running mate for Joe Biden, made the remarks as she fought through tears -- and the nation endured a new bout of urban carnage. Sixty-three people were injured and 17 killed in Chicago, including two children, over the weekend; and in New York City, 44 were hurt and at least six killed.

“Enough is enough," Bottoms said. "Enough is enough. We have talked about this movement that's happening across America and this moment in time when we have the ears and the interests of people across this country and across this globe who are saying they want to see change. But the difference in this moment in time with the civil rights movement -- in the civil rights movement, there was a defined, common enemy. We're fighting the enemy within when we are shooting each other up on our streets."

She continued: "
”You shot and killed a baby. And there wasn’t just one shooter; there were at least two shooters. An 8-year-old baby. If you want people to take us seriously, and you don't want us to lose this movement, then we can't lose each other."

"us"?
Gives a clue.

Police chief resigned after Mr Brooks was killed? after he resisted arrest, assaulted the cops, stole their taser and fired it at them.
So surely mayor should now resign over the death of the young girl.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41630 on: July 06, 2020, 08:42:38 PM »

You should resign over the death of your brain.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41631 on: July 06, 2020, 08:45:00 PM »

The Atlanta Mayor is a democrat. What’s your point other than you missed her message.

Try reading the posts you respond to:

The difference between her and yourself REDSTATEWARD is that she sees the shootings as a terrible distraction from the movement, you think they define the movement.
You have both totally disrespected the mayor and misrepresented me.

Needs has met the mayor of Atlanta?   Wow.  I'm impressed.

I do agree that Needs misrepresented Ward.

Needs accused Ward of thinking.

He's just reacting, without conscious thought.

He is consistently twisting his way into missing the boat.

Deadstateward.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

oilcan

« Reply #41632 on: July 06, 2020, 08:49:18 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/girl-13-killed-in-violent-california-carjacking

Suspect - Aguilar

Poor fella had a rough childhood

Family abuse, deprivation,  and lack of nurturing tends to produce sociopaths.   Well established fact.   So?   If you're saying we all need to help end the cycle of poverty and neglect,  yes,  right on.   If you're just posting to say "I hate sociopaths,  they're bad,  make sure they're locked up, " you're not adding anything and it's kind of self-indulgent and intellectually lazy.   The people who are actually going to change things are the ones who develop ways to end poverty and broken homes.   

DeeJ

« Reply #41633 on: July 06, 2020, 08:50:27 PM »

I suspect JimRedNuts'  cri de coeur about the economy has more to do with Trump's reelection
than is does about Jim not being able to sit in his favorite restaurant and be seen by all his admirers. 

He rants and raves every time the Dow goes up, but then cries that the tyrants have ruined the economy.  Now I do not see the Dow and the economy as being the same thing, but Trump does
and Jim likes Trump so Jim thinks they are the same too. 

Jim, like his hero Trump, has trouble with this empathy thing.  Jim would never give a handout to a person begging on the street....Jim believes these people are actually well-off and vacation every winter in the FLA Keys.   

The big difference between Jim and his hero Trump is that Trump is the most ignorant president in our history when it comes to knowing the common man in the street. 
Jim is an only child and has never gone even half a day hungry but he does know that there are
poor people in this world .  Jim has been practicing social distancing from them all his life
And I would wager a C-Note that Jim wears two masks every time he igoes out of his man cave.

One final reminder:  Jim is here to provoke and get a reaction.  Why continue feeding the sealion?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #41634 on: July 06, 2020, 08:51:36 PM »

Oregon sewer update:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-police-union-boss-rioters-elected

“This cannot continue. Our elected officials owe it to all of Portland to do their jobs. Do not widen the divide between police and our communities, close it,” Turner said. “Do not allow the meaningful dialogue and protests about racial and social equity to be drowned out by the sound of rioting and violence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #41635 on: July 06, 2020, 08:53:04 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/girl-13-killed-in-violent-california-carjacking

Suspect - Aguilar

Poor fella had a rough childhood

Family abuse, deprivation,  and lack of nurturing tends to produce sociopaths.   Well established fact.   So?   If you're saying we all need to help end the cycle of poverty and neglect,  yes,  right on.   If you're just posting to say "I hate sociopaths,  they're bad,  make sure they're locked up, " you're not adding anything and it's kind of self-indulgent and intellectually lazy.   The people who are actually going to change things are the ones who develop ways to end poverty and broken homes.

Check if Aguilar is here legally

Let me know when you find out.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #41636 on: July 06, 2020, 08:59:01 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/media/fox-news-trump-crop-epstein-maxwell/index.html

Fox posted a picture of Epstein and Maxwell.

They "accidentally" cropped Trump out of it.

They's apologized for the "mistake."

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #41637 on: July 06, 2020, 09:03:20 PM »

And we need for our Statue of Liberty to represent what we are all about, not a wall.

20 years after the fact

The poem, added many years later, is about immigrants, but does not reflect the gift, itself.
And?

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #41638 on: July 06, 2020, 09:31:48 PM »

20 years after the fact

And?

Providing information to Tony that I thought he might not know, as Tony is very pro-immigration and that is usually the context of his posts related to the Statue of Liberty.

You'd know that if you paid attention to the content of people's posts and what they care about, other than as devices for mockery.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41639 on: July 06, 2020, 09:54:22 PM »

My dog has a better aptitude for playing jigs on the violin.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2774 2775 [2776] 2777 2778 ... 4288