Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 564

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 118970 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #825 on: August 10, 2022, 10:15:27 PM »

If we changed to a popular vote nation would national elections be taken out of states' hands?  What would the oversight entail?

National elections mean national electi9ns.

Not according to the current Constitution.

Yes. That's the point of the whole discussion.

Don't tell me. Tell the DC wheezer.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #826 on: August 10, 2022, 10:16:06 PM »

If we changed to a popular vote nation would national elections be taken out of states' hands?  What would the oversight entail?

Give that man an apple!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 10, 2022, 10:43:46 PM »

Yes. That's the point of the whole discussion.

Don't tell me. Tell the DC wheezer.

Geez, you pick stupid fights when there was no conflict with Larry.

The conflict is with Ward. Larry's on the same side of this debate that you are.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 11, 2022, 05:31:33 PM »

Nevada has a huge shortage of doctors and nurses, it is an emergency, as Americans get older then more and more people need medical care, and Nevada needs more doctors and nurses.

The best doctor who I ever had was from the Philippines, and he was involved with a program to help to train poor youth from the Philippines to grow up to be doctors here in the USA. The people of the Philippines all speak English, and they love the USA. Nevada can invite the people of the Philippines to send Filipino doctors to Nevada, and Nevada can help to pay for medical school for students who want to become doctors in Nevada. Nevada can also build more Medical schools, such as putting a new Medical School in Elko, etc. Also, we can train our refugees to work in hospitals, we can train our refugees from Ukraine to be nurses and doctors in Nevada, etc, we can send them to free school if they work in the Medical Field in Nevada.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 11, 2022, 06:45:21 PM »

Nevada has a huge shortage of doctors and nurses, it is an emergency, as Americans get older then more and more people need medical care, and Nevada needs more doctors and nurses.

Same story across much of the country, Tony.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 11, 2022, 08:08:12 PM »

Same story across much of the country, Tony.

My doctor retired recently, and now I have to see a Nurse Practitioner instead of a doctor, and I see her every 6 months instead of every 3 months. Also my Psychiatrist went on vacation and she never returned, and I have not been able to find another one, we have a huge shortage of Psychiatrists as we also have a shortage of doctors.

We need to build new Medical Schools all over the USA and we need to train the people who have the aptitude to be a doctor for free, we need to send them to Medical School for free. If we want kind, compassionate, well trained health care professionals then we need to train more of them now.

We need to build universities and Medical Schools instead of prisons, and we need to raise our children to be doctors instead of being drug addicts and criminals. And we are losing a whole generation of people who are homeless on the street right now, they cannot contribute anything to society because they are living on the sidewalk in a tent. It is a long way to go from a tent on the sidewalk to going to Medical School. We need more people in Medical School and fewer people on the sidewalk or in prison.

And training doctors from the Philippines is a great idea, I support it, and on training refugees from Ukraine, etc, to work in the Medical Field here in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 08:17:22 PM by FlyingVProd »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 11, 2022, 09:02:26 PM »

Giving Don Lemon another shot tonight (10-11 ) after some fill in for Cuomo chick
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 11, 2022, 10:39:22 PM »

The first plane flew in 1903 and the first man walked on the Moon in 1969, it only took 66 years to go from initial flight to walking on the Moon.

In Mexico they feel like they wasted a generation because of poverty, and here in the USA we have over 60,000 homeless people on the streets of Los Angeles alone who are not able to contribute anything to mankind, we need for human beings to live up to their potential, in Mexico, as well as in the USA on our streets and with our youth in our bad neighborhoods. We need to be brave, and we can build a Medical School right in the middle of our worst neighborhoods, instead of prisons we can build Medical Schools. If we can go to the Moon in 66 years, maybe we can cure Cancer soon if we train more doctors, and if we teach people how to read and write and then give them access to the World Wide Web, etc. We also need libraries everywhere, and book stores.

We need for people to live up to their potential, to best serve humanity. If they are smart enough to be doctors, then we need to make sure they have a chance to become doctors. The world needs doctors. We need to always invest in helping our people to reach their potential.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 11, 2022, 11:50:37 PM »

Gov Newsom appointed Antonio Villaraigosa to be in charge of getting infrastructure funding...

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2022/08/11/governor-newsom-names-antonio-villaraigosa-infrastructure-advisor-to-leverage-federal-dollars-in-building-california-infrastructure-for-the-next-century/

We need to build high speed trains, including a high speed train between Disneyland and Vegas.

And we need the trolley cars like we used to have in Los Angeles. The traffic in Los Angeles is horrible, we need to get the people out of their cars and onto trains and buses and trolley cars, etc, and people can ride bicycles, etc. And they can ride a Vespa like in Italy.

Villaraigosa needs to get funding for Amtrak to build high speed trains, including a high speed train between Anaheim and Vegas, and we also need trolley cars, and more subways.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 11, 2022, 11:54:14 PM »

Yes the speed with which initial flight to moon walking happened was *ridiculous*.
Pity nuclear weapons and portable launching sites on trucks hadn't been invented by the good guys before 1939.
Germany and Japan could've been nuked and stopped before they slaughtered millions.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 11:56:03 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 11, 2022, 11:54:32 PM »

The whole West needs to invest in water storage and in aquaducts and water pipes, etc, we need to work to solve our water issues in the West.

And here in California we can use desalination plants to help with water for Los Angeles, etc, for watering lawns, etc. We can have an abundance of water, enough for swimming pools and lawns, if we invest wisely in water storage and in desalination plants, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 12, 2022, 12:02:14 AM »

More water falls on Sydney than on London.
Is any of it saved?
Not really.
The dam's catchment area is out in the mountains.
Does every home in Sydney basin have a water tank attached?
No.
The rainwater just flows into the harbour/rivers/ocean.
No 1 radio host tried to get something done...to no avail.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 12:04:56 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 12, 2022, 12:04:18 AM »

Is any of it saved?
Not really.
No.

Incompetence frequently has that end result.

Alienating people also makes it harder to get them to work with you.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 12, 2022, 12:05:01 AM »

Yes the speed with which initial flight to moon walking happened was *ridiculous*.
Pity nuclear weapons and portable launching sites on trucks hadn't been invented by the good guys before 1939.
Germany and Japan could've been nuked and stopped before they slaughtered millions.

l

I am sure there were things that could have been done earlier to stop WW II, and that is why we have the United Nations, and the CIA now. We can know what is happening, and we can act sooner, and we can take our issues to the United Nations, etc. We can also remove the bad guys when the problems are small and we can hopefully prevent the big problems from happening.

One recent issue, is the issue of Russia, and Russia invading the Ukraine, I would have prevented the crisis by having built a good relationship with Russia after the Berlin Wall came down and after the people got their freedom, after November 9th, 1989. Then at that time the Russians had a big concert in Moscow with Pantera and other American bands. I would have built up a relationship with Russia, and I would have been having American concerts all over Russia all of the time. And I would produce plays, and movies, and television shows, in Russia, along with having American rock concerts in Russia. I would be involved with all of the entertainment industry in Russia. I would teach the Russians how to love Americans and the West. You stay engaged, you know the intelligence, and you deal with problems early when the problems are still small.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 12, 2022, 12:07:09 AM »

Is any of it saved?
Not really.
No.

Incompetence frequently has that end result.

Alienating people also makes it harder to get them to work with you.

It's the politicians, not enough could/can see the need.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 564