Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 934718 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Time to admit
« Reply #24540 on: August 09, 2022, 06:09:46 PM »

Julius Randle should be dealt before the start of camp.

If he is still here then it's the same team with the same ceiling and same weaknesses and redundancies for another year.   ie. Not as fun as it could be with out Randle's #1 guy Persona in second fiddle form.  For the love of all that is fun unleash OBI.  Let our PG actually run the offense.  Tell RJ to pull himself up and be the man.  I'll pay to watch that.  But none of those things can happen if Randle isn't moved or shelved.

I get this.

I felt the same way, or a variation of this. I thought that either Thibs or Randle had to go, because it's insane to imagine they'll both return and yet everything will be magically different. Each had a major role in the team colossally underperforming.

(I do think Randle can be excellent, but he has to be managed and work in an offensive scheme that doesn't feel 30 years old.)

Moreover, I loved to watch Obi. The dude impresses me. Incredible native talent with an expanding arsenal of offensive moves Needed more minutes.

But yeah....

I guess with the arrival of Brunson, I've softened. Started to imagine that they must of course be preparing to use Julius in a new way. Because if they don't, and everything goes through Julius in his over-dribbling, ball-stopping glory, with Obi on the bench no less, we are...

.....fucked.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24541 on: August 09, 2022, 06:19:40 PM »

Elephant

do you support a deal of Toppin and Quickey plus four number ones for Mitchell?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24542 on: August 09, 2022, 06:50:37 PM »

There is absolutely no rational reason to supplant Obi with Melo.

Does that roster allow us to go deep into the Eastern Conference Playoffs

Its a better team.

You don't  only improve a team when you can justify that there will be a Finals run.

Highly debateable. 

And utterly demented. 

Obi is 24.

Melo is 38.

I mean, are you fucking high? 

Doesn't even tally on the instant gratification register. 

Melo is one step over the line...

chipstern

• View Profile
PS: Riddle Me THAT
« Reply #24543 on: August 09, 2022, 07:32:30 PM »

If Carmelo is such a stud muffin, why haven't the Lakers snarfed him right back up?

They are not exactly swimming in talent, are they? 

Russell Westbrook         $47,063,478   $0   $0   $0   $0
LeBron James              $44,474,988   $0   $0   $0   $0
Anthony Davis              $37,980,720   $40,600,080   $43,219,440   $0   $0
Talen Horton-Tucker      $10,260,000   $11,020,000   $0   $0   $0
Lonnie Walker              $6,479,000   $0   $0   $0   $0
Kendrick Nunn              $5,250,000   $0   $0   $0   $0
Stanley Johnson            $2,351,521   $0   $0   $0   $0
Damian Jones              $2,298,385   $2,586,665   $0   $0   $0
Juan Toscano-Anderson $2,133,278   $0   $0   $0   $0
Troy Brown               $1,968,175   $0   $0   $0   $0
Thomas Bryant             $1,968,175

Your main squeeze, Horton-Tucker shot .416% from the field, and a whopping .267% from trey, in 25.2 minutes a night. 

Melo shot .441% and .375% from trey in 26 minutes a night.  Pretty efficient. 

So why haven't the Lakers snarfed Melo right back up, riddle me that oh Sacred Prophet Kiid?  I need your guidance and insights.  DOESN'T MELO MAKE THEM A SIGNIIFCANTLY BETTER TEAM?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:35:19 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Time to admit
« Reply #24544 on: August 09, 2022, 07:40:28 PM »

Julius Randle should be dealt before the start of camp.

If he is still here then it's the same team with the same ceiling and same weaknesses and redundancies for another year.   ie. Not as fun as it could be with out Randle's #1 guy Persona in second fiddle form.  For the love of all that is fun unleash OBI.  Let our PG actually run the offense.  Tell RJ to pull himself up and be the man.  I'll pay to watch that.  But none of those things can happen if Randle isn't moved or shelved.

I get this.

I felt the same way, or a variation of this. I thought that either Thibs or Randle had to go, because it's insane to imagine they'll both return and yet everything will be magically different. Each had a major role in the team colossally underperforming.

(I do think Randle can be excellent, but he has to be managed and work in an offensive scheme that doesn't feel 30 years old.)

Moreover, I loved to watch Obi. The dude impresses me. Incredible native talent with an expanding arsenal of offensive moves Needed more minutes.

But yeah....

I guess with the arrival of Brunson, I've softened. Started to imagine that they must of course be preparing to use Julius in a new way. Because if they don't, and everything goes through Julius in his over-dribbling, ball-stopping glory, with Obi on the bench no less, we are...

.....fucked.

I give Leon Rose too much credit for letting that nightmare scenario unfold.
Prove me right Leon.
Please.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24545 on: August 09, 2022, 08:16:00 PM »

So why havent the Lakers snarfed Melo right back up, riddle me that oh Sacred Prophet Kiid?  I need your guidance and insights.  DOESNT MELO MAKE THEM A SIGNIIFCANTLY BETTER TEAM?

Pretty sure LA would tell you they are waiting to  see how things shake out with Russ/others.

Add Max Christie, Cole Swider and Scottie Pippen Jr...couple of others recently signed as training camp dudes.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24546 on: August 09, 2022, 08:19:31 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24547 on: August 09, 2022, 08:25:22 PM »

I guess with the arrival of Brunson, I have softened. Started to imagine that they must of course be preparing to use Julius in a new way. Because if they dont, and everything goes through Julius in his over dribbling, ball stopping glory, with Obi on the bench no less, we are   

I don't think it is PLANNED so much as it EVOLVES.  Bringing in Brunson is BOUND TO change Julius at least a little bit.

And I think if Obi is here (figure an 80+ per cent chance), he will be on the court plenty.    I will say 22-25 minutes per (after 11 and 17 his first two seasons)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24548 on: August 09, 2022, 08:29:17 PM »

Problem is he is old NBA

Can you imagine training this kid (dad or whoever) for years to play the post then finding that post play is all but gone in the league?  Good thing he has proven to be a chameleon of sorts.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24549 on: August 09, 2022, 08:29:57 PM »

Wondering if any are still pissed about that draft.

heh - doesnt seem so

chipstern

• View Profile
HoHum
« Reply #24550 on: August 10, 2022, 11:56:01 AM »

Another day, and no Donovan Mitchell Trade. 

Praise The Lord. 

Meanwhile...

Kyrie Irving insists he doesn't "hate" Steve Nash or Sean Marks [drafted at #44 by the Knicks in 1998, yet ANOTHER season when we had no #1 pick, a pointed reminder for all of those dipshits who think we should give Danny Ainge five #1 picks PLUS IQ, Toppin and Grimes for fucking Donovan Mitchell].

Meanwhile Durant's camp is trying to spin his multiple hissy fits and his bid to become the new GM of the Nyets [LeBron's tenure has been rather up and down with the Lakers]. 

Durant is one of the all time greats, and I have nothing but awe and respect for this game and dedication to the sport.  But he is a spoiled, petulant dweeb, who just submarined whatever trade value he might have. 

There is going to be no Nyets fire sale, he has a four year extension worth close to $200 Million, and if he wants to play chicken, no problema, he won't get paid. 

He could've stayed with the Warriors, but he wanted HIS OWN BRAND.

Now he has it. 

ASSHOLE. 

PS: Did I mention how the Knicks should bail on Donovan Mitchell? 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24551 on: August 10, 2022, 12:25:44 PM »

Kyrie Irving insists he doesnt hate Steve Nash or Sean Marks  drafted at number 44 by the Knicks in 1998, yet ANOTHER season when we had no number 1 pick, a pointed reminder for all of those dipshits who think we should give Danny Ainge five number 1 picks PLUS IQ, Toppin and Grimes for fucking Donovan Mitchell .

No Grimes

FOUR number ones (which we will be dealing somewhere, not using)

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #24552 on: August 10, 2022, 12:38:10 PM »

Elephant

do you support a deal of Toppin and Quickey plus four number ones for Mitchell?

Yeah.

The Knicks would certainly take that offer.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24553 on: August 10, 2022, 01:00:03 PM »

Speaking of LA - havent read it but saw this headline -

Darvin Ham to run Lakers offense through Davis.

Should be cool.  Hoping for his good health.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24554 on: August 10, 2022, 04:10:43 PM »

There is absolutely no rational reason to supplant Obi with Melo.

Does that roster allow us to go deep into the Eastern Conference Playoffs

Its a better team.

You don't  only improve a team when you can justify that there will be a Finals run.

Highly debateable. 

And utterly demented. 

Obi is 24.

Melo is 38.

I mean, are you fucking high? 

Doesn't even tally on the instant gratification register. 

Melo is one step over the line...

Wether or not he is high he is dead set on voting for a terrorist organizations pyramid scheme wherever and whenever possible.

High or not, he is clearly out of his fucking mind.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1635 1636 [1637] 1638 1639 ... 1849