Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1751 1752 [1753] 1754 1755 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 923468 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
ya wouldn't want the best thing since the Pearl & Clyde wore the same jerseys?
« Reply #26280 on: February 14, 2023, 10:43:23 AM »

Yeah I have an opinion about that...it was NOT either/or, it was PLUS ONE

if in fact, Brunson turns out to be a greater force than Mitchell

we missed out on a chance to have an all time great NBA backcourt

and being in EC championship discussion for years to come...

*** folks love their scraps and Barretts and so low first rounders that they are almost second round picks tho...

« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 10:45:25 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #26281 on: February 14, 2023, 10:44:25 AM »

excuse me I have to check out and go to my meditation room

think it was the RJ is a boulder comment that lodged in my tract like a kidney stone, had to pass it, all good now
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 11:03:14 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #26282 on: February 14, 2023, 11:02:20 AM »

you know when you go to the amusement park and for the prehistoric back-in-time dinosaur theme rides they have those fake boulders made out of styrofoam and painted grey?

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Glorious quotes
« Reply #26283 on: February 14, 2023, 12:32:30 PM »

excuse me I have to check out and go to my meditation room

think it was the RJ is a boulder comment that lodged in my tract like a kidney stone, had to pass it, all good now

Hey, doggie🐶, the boulder quote came from none other than your friend Chamaco.

But, most important, you changed your line about Ashli, and me and Chamaco miss it, for different reasons, obviously.

Please, put it back in there *** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Now, I know it was not an either or, but if it was, who would you choose? And dont tell me both, we all know that.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 12:39:40 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Au Contraire, Don Carlos
« Reply #26284 on: February 14, 2023, 12:37:51 PM »

Meanwhile, in only two games, Hart has impacted the team culture, helped raise Jalen's game even higher and applied a competitive blow torch to McBride, Grimes, IQ and RJ.

Deuce is out of the rotation, what with the SACRED number 9.

Like I said to my doggie, we all know it was not an either or. I was just agreeing with elephant in that Jalen may, MAY, be a superstar equal OR GREATER than Donovan.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
The still is just as good as the vid...
« Reply #26285 on: February 14, 2023, 12:57:40 PM »

Check out Jalen & Josh, lol...jeez our $120 Million boulder is such a nitwit.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: The still is just as good as the vid...
« Reply #26286 on: February 14, 2023, 01:14:04 PM »

Check out Jalen & Josh, lol...jeez our $120 Million boulder is such a nitwit.

Hey Les, thanks for restoring your immortal line about Ashli. I added it to mine as an emergency measure, but now that is there I am gonna keep it for a while if you dont mind.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26287 on: February 14, 2023, 01:47:37 PM »

The Knicks are gonna have to take the five seed and knock out the Cavs in the first round for there to be any peace around here again.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #26288 on: February 14, 2023, 03:13:18 PM »

The Knicks are gonna have to take the five seed and knock out the Cavs in the first round for there to be any peace around here again.

Yeah, I was eyeing that the other day.

5th is the destination.

And then the historic eradication of the Cavs.

That works for me.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #26289 on: February 14, 2023, 03:30:17 PM »

I'd love it!

(Of course, in the subsequent round, the one in which Jrue or Marcus locks up Brunson, and RJ throws up three consecutive 4-16s, the devil would inevitably return. You F up Fate you gotta pay sooner or later.)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26290 on: February 14, 2023, 04:04:16 PM »

As long as we scrapped and made it interesting I would be good.

RJ is looking at the first instance of having to master a limited role and find impact and efficiency within it. RJ has to become positive on the floor at some point this season or his role will continue to diminish. It is the Kansas stage for RJ of what hopefully is a path similar in arc to Grimes in HS, then Kansas, then U of H. There is a performance bar in terms of overall wing play set by Hart and to a lesser extent Grimes that RJ needs to reach or exceed to regain his status as a major player.

He should look to shed weight and bump his cardio over the break so he can come back as a slightly faster and more energetic player.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26291 on: February 14, 2023, 05:28:40 PM »

Reddish 2-8 in Portland win

Team is 1-1, Cam at 40% shooting (6-15) in 18.5 minutes per.  Thybule arrived, so there is that.......

I wonder if Blazers fans will champion Reddish.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Portents
« Reply #26292 on: February 14, 2023, 09:27:56 PM »

Enjoyed Dawg and everyone's take.

RJ has had stretches where he hit a wall before, and always bounced back.

High character, competitive young man with no rear view mirror.

Thing is, I do believe that his biggest supporter, THIBS, projected him as the second coming of Jimmy Butler. 

Thing is, Thibs already has serious man love for Josh Hart, whose impact on Brunson, IQ, IH, JR and the entire team has been surreal. 

Josh has inspired Jalen to raise his game to heroic levels, and embodied Thibs' ideal of a two way Knick. 

Thibs ain't gonna toss RJ under the bus, but he loves Rose and Deuce, and yet Nine is 9 is NINE.

Here is the Tale Of The Minutes from the Nets game, a portent of things to come.

Brunson [36] +23
Hart [28]+25
IQ [28]+23
RJ [24]-7
Grimes [22]-3

Julius [32]+14
Obi [16]+4
Isaiah [24]+29

And who have been closing out?

Isaiah
Julius
Josh
IQ
Jalen

Welcome to our playoff push, as we await the return of Mitchell.

Let's enjoy the playoff push, and don't write off RJ. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Word In Progress
« Reply #26293 on: February 14, 2023, 09:33:27 PM »

As long as we scrapped and made it interesting I would be good.

RJ is looking at the first instance of having to master a limited role and find impact and efficiency within it. RJ has to become positive on the floor at some point this season or his role will continue to diminish. It is the Kansas stage for RJ of what hopefully is a path similar in arc to Grimes in HS, then Kansas, then U of H. There is a performance bar in terms of overall wing play set by Hart and to a lesser extent Grimes that RJ needs to reach or exceed to regain his status as a major player.

He should look to shed weight and bump his cardio over the break so he can come back as a slightly faster and more energetic player.

Agree. 

But Grimes has been slumping on offense as well. 

The THIBSIAN Dynamic is in place. 

It's Jalen & Julius and everything else is up for grabs. 

I don't think Thibs is going to change his starting five.

However?

RJ, Grimes, IQ, Hart

A competitive scrum, and as a well-travelled vet, with a strong bond to Jalen, we can expect Josh Hart to eat into RJ & Grimes' minutes and raise the bar for expectations of floor time. 

I mean, when Brunson is taking a breather, an IQ & Hart backcourt gives us scoring, shooting, defense and a pair of competent facilitators. 

NOTHING BUT GOOD CAN COME OF THIS. 

Hawks on their home floor a big test of this work in progress. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 09:35:59 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #26294 on: February 15, 2023, 12:51:17 AM »

I love RJ, but am still waiting on him to develop that soft little touch 10-12 footer off the bounce, jumpers off the dribble and movement off the ball on back cuts and screens. Kid has guts and character, and no rear view mirror.

Thibs loves RJ, and isn't going to toss
him under the bus, but both RJ AND GRIMES, can look to see a considerable share of minutes going to Hart and IQ, who look to close out games with Hartenstein, Randle and Brunson. Hartenstein and IQ both have a nice chemistry with Hart, and Isaiah has made a good case for closing minutes, even when Mitchell gets back.

Brunson is playing like Mister Fantastic, even as Randle is the Thing, Hart the Human Torch and IQ [the Silver Surfer]. Right now RJ is the Invisible Girl, but he'll be back, just as he has time and time again over the three seasons. Still, right NOW, Hart checks off all the boxes needing checking, and fits Thibs vision, a better complement to stellar play of Brunson and Randle.

Hart is comfortable as a jack of all trades, chief cook and bottle washer, all the little shit that needs doing. A GLUE GUY. Hartenstein, Randle, Hart, IQ, Brunson--that's the hookup.

RJ's more accustomed to being, as  has been on 8thpointed out, THE LEAD DOG. Trouble is, when Thibs says, "MUSH, motherfuckers." Hart's experience and leadership will make him the lead Huskie for our Eskimo King, JALEN BRUNSON.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 12:56:14 AM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 1751 1752 [1753] 1754 1755 ... 1849