Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 926846 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Still Pissed After All These Years: The Ghosts Of Knicks' Front Offices Past
« Reply #13140 on: August 31, 2020, 11:19:04 AM »

A Gift Which Keeps Giving

Nuggets selected him with the last of the #1 picks they obtained from the Knicks in the Carmelo Anthony Trade. 

[/size][/color]

I hadn't realized (or had forgotten). Thanks for a cheery start to the week........sigh....

*** R.I.P Coach Thompson, a great, no doubt
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13141 on: August 31, 2020, 11:23:40 AM »

Chip-your pic of Harpo, giving his classic speech from Night at the Opera, has a nice piece of sports trivia, kudos to anyone who gets it.

Chico

From Left-Right:

Groucho [Julius]

Zeppo [Herbert]

Chico [Leonard]

Harpo [Adolph, ARTHUR after 1911]

In the Middle?

Their Father, Samuel Marx

Gummo [Milton], Zeppo, Chico, Groucho, Harpo

I need more coffee

dumb mistake

i know their work pretty well from countless viewings since i was a puppy

i love the Marx Bros.

chipstern

• View Profile
Bank Shot?
« Reply #13142 on: August 31, 2020, 12:02:30 PM »

We're all out of sorts these days.

A chore to wake up in the morning, and take note of some new affront to humanity, or the loss of some decent, actual, factual....MEN. 

Better to mistake Harpo for Chico than to mistake $45 for a human being. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13143 on: August 31, 2020, 12:38:12 PM »

Chip- it was just a brain fart on my part,

A 4-year-old child could tell the difference!

or Margaret Dumont!

Hungadunga

Although I will admit, as I assume most familar with their work would, to mistaking Harpo for Groucho in the their classic mirror scene.

Those guys look almost exactly alike.

Agreed on the daily assault on humanity we are subjected to.

And IMO we need some Marxian anarchy and mockery to help us through these trying times.

Not to different from the political climate of the 30s as Americans faced an economic depression and some wondered whether fascist authoritarianism was a viable  option for the US to follow.

We should have learned and remembered.

Hope you're well Chip.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13144 on: August 31, 2020, 02:09:24 PM »

or Margaret Dumont!

Hungadunga

Although I will admit, as I assume most familar with their work would, to mistaking Harpo for Groucho in the their classic mirror scene.

And IMO we need some Marxian anarchy and mockery to help us through these trying times.

Not to different from the political climate of the 30s as Americans faced an economic depression and some wondered whether fascist authoritarianism was a viable  option for the US to follow.

Hope you're well Chip.

Thanks.

I despair of both the far LEFT as well as the far RIGHT. 

That being said by someone whose own world view is slightly to the left of Trotsky. 

In the face of exigent danger from the Fascist Right, so many on the left are still relitigating the primaries.

"Oh, Biden is not in favor of Medicaid for all."

Motherfuckers, he ain't for destroying the ACA and offing people with pre-existing conditions, or appointing NAZIs to the Supreme Court and Federal Bench.

I pray we flip Congress, because there is NOTHING the GOP won't do to enable this Cuit Of Hate & incompetence and steal the federal election. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13145 on: August 31, 2020, 02:20:12 PM »

I pray we flip Congress, because there is NOTHING the GOP won't do to enable this Cuit Of Hate & incompetence and steal the federal election.

Or we could just...

win it.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13146 on: August 31, 2020, 02:51:13 PM »

or Margaret Dumont!

Hungadunga

Hope you're well Chip.

Thanks.

I despair of both the far LEFT as well as the far RIGHT. 

That being said by someone whose own world view is slightly to the left of Trotsky. 

In the face of exigent danger from the Fascist Right, so many on the left are still relitigating the primaries.

"Oh, Biden is not in favor of Medicaid for all."

Motherfuckers, he ain't for destroying the ACA and offing people with pre-existing conditions, or appointing NAZIs to the Supreme Court and Federal Bench.

Chip-I think we see eye to eye on most of this. I'm a lib but not radical or a far left dem. But I fear that those dumb-motherfuckers would rather insist on only their brand  of progressive rather than win a fucking election and rid us of a fascsist-racist authoritarian dictator wannabe.

Its going to take a lot of decent people from across most of the political spectrum to defeat this evil anti-democratic motherfucker, and we can't be rejecting some of that coalition due to insufficient progressive purity.

I believe Jerry Reed once noted, "We got a long way to go and a short time to get there".

The fucking hill-billy was right.

Time to start that trip.

And to quote a progressive from the past, "a journey of 1000 mile begins with a single step."

We just can't be tripping each other or we'll never get there. 

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13147 on: August 31, 2020, 03:39:11 PM »

I wonder if lester has rethought his previous position that Obama was no better or worse than his predecessors.

always rethinking lol, always rethinking!

He's sure looking better and better in comparison with his successor, trouble is, that makes his culpability in making his successor possible even worse too...

Yeah, that Obama.  He should have known that presidenting while Black was going to lead to a Trump.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

chipstern

• View Profile
Bottoms Up, Dolt
« Reply #13148 on: August 31, 2020, 03:42:58 PM »

Or we could just...

win it.

Or

Maybe

You

Could

Grow

A

Dick

Man Coulter

Bottoms Up

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 04:11:15 PM by chipstern »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
My apologies to the Marx Bros.
« Reply #13149 on: August 31, 2020, 10:12:20 PM »

I translated Kid for Chico, given Kiid's love for all things Latinx and the Spanish language.

Shouda thunk about it, and pick another translation.

Maybe Nene? It can imply some silliness on the part of the subject, so it may be adequate.

Or Chamaco? Mostly used in Mexico, and we all know that's D. Pandemic Trump's and therefore kiid's favorite country (after Russia, obviously).

Chico Cartero? Nene Cartero? Chamaco Cartero?... hmmmmm

PS. Chip, I think Ann Coulter is no longer a Trumptin supporter, no idea why not. Maybe Nene Cartero knows.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 10:14:39 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
need adjustments cause yer a dumb m'fer
« Reply #13150 on: August 31, 2020, 10:43:18 PM »

I wonder if lester has rethought his previous position that Obama was no better or worse than his predecessors.

always rethinking lol, always rethinking!

He's sure looking better and better in comparison with his successor, trouble is, that makes his culpability in making his successor possible even worse too...

Yeah, that Obama.  He should have known that presidenting while Black was going to lead to a Trump.

lol...that's a rather stupid thing to say...and not what I'm saying at all.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 10:51:19 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
those dumb motherfuckers on the left
« Reply #13151 on: August 31, 2020, 10:49:42 PM »

and Bank & Chip, isn't it a bit preemptive to already blame the left wing of the democratic party for the second Trump term when it was fully its right wing that brought us the first..don'tcha think?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 11:02:33 PM by lesterluv »

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #13152 on: August 31, 2020, 10:55:41 PM »

and...Gallinari!!!

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: those dumb motherfuckers ...
« Reply #13153 on: August 31, 2020, 11:02:19 PM »

and Bank & Chip, isn't it a bit preemptive to already blame the left wing of the democratic party for the second Trump term when it was fully its right wing that brought us the first..don'tcha think?

Les-I'm not blaming the left for anything yet.

My concerns is that party progressives think they have a far bigger national appeal than they do and piss away the chance to save and fix our democracy, by demanding a purity test of sorts and demanding social positions that may not sit well with most Americans, now. 

I think if you are Dem, Indy or a Repub with a sliver of a brain and a sliver of decency left we all have to work together to defeat the forces of evil in 2020. And if you're a liberal that the Dems maintain political power for some time, maybe a generation, like FDR. Over that time a lot of things can be accomplshed. But first, IMO we have to return to a normal functioning democracy.

YMMV

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13154 on: September 01, 2020, 12:18:31 AM »

Not much left in CP3s tank

heh
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 1849