Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1524 1525 [1526] 1527 1528 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 924848 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Sweet Merciful HaySuse
« Reply #22875 on: February 20, 2022, 10:19:42 PM »

STEPH CURRY

Is One Sick MF

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22876 on: February 21, 2022, 09:40:03 AM »

GONYGONYGO!
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22877 on: February 21, 2022, 10:44:16 PM »

The Dragon to BKY.  I guess he figures he can be the PG for the home games when Kyrie can't play.

I was thinking with CP3 out 4-6 weeks, Dragic could step into PHX and keep the ball moving there.  He's played for PHX before. 

Crafty player, but he's 35.  Well-rested, but is he in shape?  Who knows? And why didn't he play backup PG to FVV on an exciting and talented TOR team?  I really didn't/don't understand his situation.

Of course if he's healthy and not washed, NYK could sure using his steady hand.  But he was always going to choose a playoff contender, not our iffy squad -- but why BKY?  I guess a big role when you play, but plenty of time/days off ...

Early favorite was DAL since Luka is also Slovenian. And they can use vet guidance.  But Luka dominates the ball.  MIA was talked about, since Dragic knows the org well and Lowry could use extra rest.  And they are a legit contender.  MIL seemed less likely, but a good chance at a ring.  PHI could use the extra PG help.  But Harden will soon step in and over-dribble things there.
(Btw, I think BKY got a huge heist getting Simmons and Curry and Bulldog Drummond and 1sts for disgruntled out-of-shape Harden)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22878 on: February 21, 2022, 10:49:41 PM »

I was thinking with CP3 out 4-6 weeks, Dragic could step into PHX and keep the ball moving there.  He's played for PHX before.

Payne
Elfrid

and now

Aaron Holiday

Plus Booker handles the ball sometimes like a PG

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22879 on: February 22, 2022, 09:02:03 AM »

Finally able to see some colllege ball.

Here is the first guy that stood out to me as far as being a draft target

Player of the year candidate for Iowa Hawkeyes

I know you all want to fix our backcourt but I think we are still in best player available mode and it is not a PG deep draft

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4594327/keegan-murray

chipstern

• View Profile
TELL ME ABOUT THE RABBITS GEORGE
« Reply #22880 on: February 22, 2022, 03:10:03 PM »

I certainly have issues with Thibs, and rarely see eye to eye with Marc Berman, but this was interesting. 

https://nypost.com/2022/02/21/firing-tom-thibodeau-is-not-the-answer-the-knicks-need/

And I am certainly on record as supporting our front office moves this summer, so, FUCK YOU CHIP [though I did make mewing sounds about DeRozan & Ball], but it is worth noting, my love for Obi notwithstanding, that former CAA head Leon Rose's first signature move was to pass on point guard Tyrsese Haliburton, who looks to be a force in the league for a decade to come, in favor of CAA client [Leon's son his agent] Obi Toppin. 

Furthermore, the calls for Thibs' head notwithstanding, it was that elusive Masked Man, HighHoeSilver Rose, and his trusted Kemosabe, World Wide Waste, who oversaw our free agency strategy last summer, blowing out all of our cap space on Kemba, Noel and Burks; determining that MVP candidate DeMar DeRozan was on the downside of his career, taking a pass on Lonzo Ball, and giving that money to Evan Fournier; affording Thibs his vet safety blanket in Taj Gibson and Derrick Rose, yet letting Reggie Bullock walk, as well as the much maligned Elfrid Payton, whose well documented shortocomings notwithstanding, could nevertheless, man up on D, and rudder the ship. And now, with no functional PGs, and Julius miscast as our point forward, WWW is whispering sweet nothings into Dolan's ears about Thibs, and deflecting aim and blame away from his OverHyped HipHopASS.

And might we expect Deuceto be turned loose?

Puh-LEEESE.

We are going to make our "Playoff Push" and rush back Derrick Rose, likely reducing him to dust when we should be prepping him for 2022-23. 

We are hiring ex-Timberwolves font office folks with an eye towards their "relationship" with Karl Anthony Towns.  TELL ME ABOUT THE RABBITS GEORGE.  Hello.  Anyone remember when we traded away half our team to open up cap space for Lebron & Bosh, Durant & Irving? 

BULLSHIT Redoubling Itself. 

Free agents coming to the Knicks? 

A) The free agent class for 2022-23 is pretty friggin' lean.

B) We have no cap space, anyway.

C) Pipe dreams about Towns, Lillard and the perennially injured MedZelppelin Zion are yet the latest in a series of delusional constructs.

D) The manner in which Thibs is being hung out to dry--his own complicity in a self-inflicted airstrike notwithstanding--is not going to sit well with any subsequent "coaching candidates" we might pursue.  But hey, knowing HighHoeSilver Rose, cana swing for the fences with one more opportunity for John Calipari to swing for the fences and whiff be far behind? 

E) In case no one has noticed, Julius is plumb out of gas by the time for fourth quarter hits, and we lose all of our pace. 

F) We are a lottery team with a lot of talented yute, who need to get minutes, a PG in training in Spain, and a long row to hoe. 

Plenty of B-L-A-M-E to go around. 

Better we should recalibrate and assess our talent goiing forward in 2022-2023, and prepare for the fucking draft. 

« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 03:12:54 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: TELL ME ABOUT THE RABBITS GEORGE
« Reply #22881 on: February 22, 2022, 03:23:33 PM »

I certainly have issues with Thibs, and rarely see eye to eye with Marc Berman, but this was interesting. 

https://nypost.com/2022/02/21/firing-tom-thibodeau-is-not-the-answer-the-knicks-need/

And I am certainly on record as supporting our front office moves this summer, so, FUCK YOU CHIP [though I did make mewing sounds about DeRozan & Ball], but it is worth noting, my love for Obi notwithstanding, that former CAA head Leon Rose's first signature move was to pass on point guard Tyrsese Haliburton, who looks to be a force in the league for a decade to come, in favor of CAA client [Leon's son his agent] Obi Toppin. 

Furthermore, the calls for Thibs' head notwithstanding, it was that elusive Masked Man, HighHoeSilver Rose, and his trusted Kemosabe, World Wide Waste, who oversaw our free agency strategy last summer, blowing out all of our cap space on Kemba, Noel and Burks; determining that MVP candidate DeMar DeRozan was on the downside of his career, taking a pass on Lonzo Ball, and giving that money to Evan Fournier; affording Thibs his vet safety blanket in Taj Gibson and Derrick Rose, yet letting Reggie Bullock walk, as well as the much maligned Elfrid Payton, whose well documented shortocomings notwithstanding, could nevertheless, man up on D, and rudder the ship. And now, with no functional PGs, and Julius miscast as our point forward, WWW is whispering sweet nothings into Dolan's ears about Thibs, and deflecting aim and blame away from his OverHyped HipHopASS.

And might we expect Deuceto be turned loose?

Puh-LEEESE.

We are going to make our "Playoff Push" and rush back Derrick Rose, likely reducing him to dust when we should be prepping him for 2022-23. 

We are hiring ex-Timberwolves font office folks with an eye towards their "relationship" with Karl Anthony Towns.  TELL ME ABOUT THE RABBITS GEORGE.  Hello.  Anyone remember when we traded away half our team to open up cap space for Lebron & Bosh, Durant & Irving? 

BULLSHIT Redoubling Itself. 

Free agents coming to the Knicks? 

A) The free agent class for 2022-23 is pretty friggin' lean.

B) We have no cap space, anyway.

C) Pipe dreams about Towns, Lillard and the perennially injured MedZelppelin Zion are yet the latest in a series of delusional constructs.

D) The manner in which Thibs is being hung out to dry--his own complicity in a self-inflicted airstrike notwithstanding--is not going to sit well with any subsequent "coaching candidates" we might pursue.  But hey, knowing HighHoeSilver Rose, cana swing for the fences with one more opportunity for John Calipari to swing for the fences and whiff be far behind? 

E) In case no one has noticed, Julius is plumb out of gas by the time for fourth quarter hits, and we lose all of our pace. 

F) We are a lottery team with a lot of talented yute, who need to get minutes, a PG in training in Spain, and a long row to hoe. 

Plenty of B-L-A-M-E to go around. 

Better we should recalibrate and assess our talent goiing forward in 2022-2023, and prepare for the fucking draft.

chipstern

• View Profile
Post Script
« Reply #22882 on: February 22, 2022, 05:11:18 PM »

The Brain Trust has seemingly decided to Let Mitchell Walk

And as an UFA, while we can surely match or exceed any offers, we DO NOT HAVE RIGHT OF FIRST REFUSAL, as in sign and trades and what have you.   

The SMALL DETAILS, Ralph.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22883 on: February 23, 2022, 08:42:22 AM »

One GM guesstimated that Mitch would get a full MLE deal, ~ 3/$33M.
That's certainly not much for what he brings, and no doubt reduced due to injury concerns.  Knix oughta keep him.  Need a defender next to Randle.  And if we had better PG's, Mitch would be more of a lob threat (Quix sometimes feeds him). 
We saw lately what Mitch can do on the boards and rim when motivated.  I think we'll see more contract year Mitch explosions the last 2 dozen games.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22884 on: February 23, 2022, 09:04:18 AM »

POR waived Dennis Smith and signed undrafted Trevor Watford to a Mitch-like extended 4 year cheapo deal (3 years min salary after this one, with last two not guaranteed).   POR kept Ingles ending salary on their books instead of keeping Jr. Smith, apparently hoping his Bird rights could have some sign and trade value.
Dropped from the team in favor of an unknown and an expiring contract cripple.
POR is rebuilding.  Normally you'd keep a 24 year old former high draft pick.

Frank'n'Smith both NBA washouts.  I saw Smith last week have a pretty strong 4Q v. LAL, including a late play where LeBronco dribbled across halfcourt and as he slowed to survey the offense, Smith just picked his pocket and went in for a layup.  There was also a really late play in which POR, up something like 4 with 30 secs left and the ball, just needed to run clock down, and Jr. Smith went 1-on-3, got trapped in the corner and chucked up the ball.  Gave Lakers an opening, and the announcers were aghast at the poor decision-making.  Your PG with no concept of the time-score continuum.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22885 on: February 23, 2022, 12:39:29 PM »

If you are experiencing basketball withdrawal, check out the 4Q and OT's of the MIA-CHA tilt.  https://nbafullhd.com/64493-2/

CHA has a lot of trouble winning close games with weak D and without vet leadership.  Bridges tries to step up, LaMelo too, but both make mistakes.  They seem to have gone away from Rozier as a finisher.   Meanwhile MIA has Lowry and Butler.  Guys who have seen it all and are unfazed by pressure.  Plus snipers such as Hero and Dunkin' Robinson.  And PJ the corner 3 master.

I was surprised/impressed to see PJ Washington guard both Lowry and Butler during the multiple crunch times.  Points to a problem, they don't have good backcourt defenders (Cody Martin was out).  But I wasn't aware PJWash could handle such.  Intriguing.  CHA a team which could really use Mitch.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
The Adams Family
« Reply #22886 on: February 23, 2022, 01:47:19 PM »

Mayor Adams has signalled that he is looking in the near future to role back the Vax Mandates. 

Dragic
Irving
Durant
Simmons
Drummond

Aldridge, Brown, Curry, Mills, Thomas, Griffin

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We shall see. 

Agree with BoD, for a change. 

Getting Simmons, AND Drummond, AND Curry [and a pair of what project to be some late round #1 picks] for Harden was pretty dope on Sean Marks' part. 

Simmons is a head case, but he is a head case who can basically defend 1-through-5, play on and off the ball, and who will be all of 26 come July [Harden will be 33 come August], with the pressure to be the bell cow off his back, with Durant and Irving manning the cannons, and Drummond and a cabal of young bigs set to join him as a defensive fortress. 

Drummond's exile from main street was not based on his prowess as a rebounder, but his bloated salary, and the Nyets are paying him 2.4 million.  Seth ain't Steph, but Curry in a flurry. 

What did the Nyets give up for Harden. 

Basically, Allen, LaVert, Prince, three #1 picks, and three #1 swaps. 

Not that Harden is chopped liver, but chemistry wise, he will be a co-equal with Embid, whereas on the Nets, there seemed as though, Vax Mandates and injuries notwithstanding, too many cooks, so to speak. 

If Durant AND Irving can remain ambulatory [a BIG If, right up there with Anthony Davis on the All-Injured Reserve List], a pretty intense scrum at the top of the East, what with Milwaukee, Miami, Brooklyn and Philideplpha. 

Nor should anyone sleep on Cleveland, Chicago, Toronto or Boston. 

With 23 games remaining, it is hard to visualize the Knicks making the 7-10 slot.  We are currently floating atop the Bottom 10 worst teams in the league, record wise. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Rokas Jokubaitis
« Reply #22887 on: February 23, 2022, 01:51:51 PM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22888 on: February 23, 2022, 02:51:18 PM »

Knicks' Mitchell Robinson asking for public's help to find his missing father
Robinson's father has been missing since Feb. 11

Scant detail there. No info on Mitch's relationship with his father, the father's age or profession, or hints of any basic reporting.

I always figure we really don't know what is going on in player's lives unless they go public, the police get involved, or word leaks somehow.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Post Script
« Reply #22889 on: February 23, 2022, 05:41:03 PM »

The Brain Trust has seemingly decided to Let Mitchell Walk

Yeah, I was surprised when Kam mentioned the economics of it. I hadn't been paying attention and had no idea.

Still. Any big contract with Mitch carried a ton of RISK. How much do you invest in a player who hasn't proven he can stay healthy? So maybe, as Bo suggests, the Knicks may have enough to offer.
Pages: 1 ... 1524 1525 [1526] 1527 1528 ... 1849