Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121965 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #510 on: July 20, 2022, 12:12:57 PM »

https://youtu.be/zqNTltOGh5c

You can't even go camping anymore without finishing up dead and buried staring you in the face.

Campers have been turned into 'sitting ducks' by thieves and killers.
This must be changed.

9 million RVs.

1 murder of a pair of people using an RV.

In 2020, there was a rise of 867% in RV theft, bringing the number up to...

TWENTY-SIX. 26. The year before it was 3.

Most RVs are not stolen from campgrounds or while occupied.

"Sitting ducks."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 20, 2022, 12:15:06 PM »

One man in a forum in bambuworld has as his signature:
"Teach your boys to be men, before their teachers teach them to be women".

Excellent.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 20, 2022, 12:17:31 PM »

One man in a forum in bambuworld has as his signature:
"Teach your boys to be men, before their teachers teach them to be women".

Excellent.

Stupid.

You are a misogynist.

But we knew that.

Nobody is teaching boys to be women.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 20, 2022, 12:35:24 PM »

Just the "confused" ones.  And that's OK, right?

Ignore the first hand accounts.  Be you.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 20, 2022, 12:39:19 PM »

What does it mean to "teach boys to be women," Kid?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 20, 2022, 01:57:40 PM »

Please...clown - stop.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 20, 2022, 02:06:24 PM »

Kid, you should carve those words backward into your forehead so you see the best advice you have ever given yourself every time you catch your awful reflection in anything.

I hope you have never been allowed damaging contact with children.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 20, 2022, 02:21:16 PM »

Please...clown - stop.
Why? I also want to know what it means to "Teach your boys to be men".
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 20, 2022, 02:37:17 PM »

Please...clown - stop.
If Kid was anything other than an abject dol, I'd be interested in hearing his answer to this question, too.   
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 20, 2022, 02:42:14 PM »

Councilman Dr. Jose F. Moreno

12 hours

UPDATE: My proposal TO ALLOW the people of Anaheim to vote on a modest 2% gate tax died for a lack of a second despite an overwhelming support from residents at City Council. Democracy in Anaheim was dealt another blow tonight.

During council discussion of the item, questions were asked about nonprofit charitable events and concerns raised that working families were not able to pay this tax.

I offered to amend the resolution to exempt all nonprofits and charitable events from the gate tax, and - what was legally communicated today - to exempt residents. Those two amendments were included in the final motion with the proposal being voted 1 - 5 - 0 (Yes -  No - Abstention). This includes a no vote from Council Member Avelino Valencia who suggested the concern about nonprofits and charitable events, and residents. Council members Valencia and Trevor ONeil expressed concerns of the highest inflation in over 40 years knowing that Disney had raised ticket prices by 6% by October 2021, 6 months after the parks pandemic reopening. We know Disney is going to raise prices regardless of inflation - Council chose to assure those increases go to corporate profits and not to the people of Anaheim.

On June 29, 2022, Anaheim council majority protected their source of revenue for their campaigns, the resort industry and PACs. On July 19, the council majority protected the resort and Disney interests, both at the cost of the families and children of Anaheim.

PACs are funded through corporate profits - Anaheim Council has protected its campaign revenue source by protecting corporate revenues - that is how a corrupt rigged system operates.

Tonight the council majority decided what was best for you, that they cannot trust you to decide on the tax. I hope that you will see that the election is being sponsored by these interests. I hope that the people of Anaheim will elect a council that will balance the needs of our people and our City in a much more substantial and nourishing way.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 20, 2022, 02:53:49 PM »

My Councilman attended Harvard, and he is right, the people in City Hall are protecting the people who pay for their campaigns, etc, instead of supporting the people of Anaheim. They are corrupt, and they do not support the people. We have one of the wealthiest companies in the world operating here, and yet our streets are full of homeless people, and it looks like a fucking ghetto in parts of Anaheim. We have gangs, we have drugs, we have mentally ill people, we have the abuse of women and children, and yet the City Council opposes taxing Disney to help our people here in the City of Anaheim.

A 2% gate tax would not hurt Disney, but it would really help the people of Anaheim, we could help our poor, and our disabled, and our abused women and children, and our foster children, etc, and we could clean things up.

We need to end the corruption, we need transparency, and we need to help our people.

It is wrong for us to have homeless and mentally ill people on the streets in the same neighborhood as Disneyland.

And it seems like Disney would want Anaheim to be nice. It would be good for Disney if Anaheim was nice. If Anaheim helps people and makes it nice, then that would be good for Disney. There is also good community relations involved, you would think that Disney would really want to have good relations with Anaheim.

I support Councilman Dr Moreno, and we need to elect a new council and Mayor here in Anaheim who are not corrupt and who will serve the people and help the homeless and the foster children and the abused women, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #521 on: July 20, 2022, 02:58:18 PM »

Please...clown - stop.
If Kid was anything other than an abject dolt, I'd be interested in hearing his answer to this question, too.

It begins with farting and belching competitions. Then tent assembly. Then lawn mowing.  Then moving up to Darwin Award activities, which are formally begun with "Hey, watch this!". And finally, honoring the Sacred Code of Male Discussion: never speak the words "I don't know."

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 20, 2022, 03:08:53 PM »

It could be anything from, "Never stop and ask for direction" to

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XYiZY3qC8IQ

A boys gotta know what a mans gotta do.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 20, 2022, 03:45:08 PM »

Fullerton College

1 hour

Let us make some magic!

Beyond excited to share we will soon be part of the Disney Aspire program. We are ready to help make the education + career dreams of  Disney employees + cast members come true at Fullerton College

---------

Very cool, Disney is working together with Fullerton Community College and with Cal State Fullerton to train people for jobs at Disney. That is what people need, they need to train for available jobs and they need to be able to go right to work at a job after they finish college. For people here in the OC with dreams of working for Disney then this is great news.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 20, 2022, 04:26:26 PM »

Guns are great.
Americans are so lucky to be able to own and carry guns with which to protect themselves from vile, sadistic, killer scumbags lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce.
Lovely fulltime RV couple James and Michelle Butler were murdered and their RV stolen by such vile scumbags, a man and a woman.
They killed James and Michelle and buried them in the sand dune behind their campsite on Padre Island Texas.
The vile killers then drove the stolen RV into Mexico.
Caught and extradicted back to Texas.
Killer an ex-con, tattooed neck, muscular...James and Michelle were easy prey.
After this, many in the RV community say they are now more security conscious.
If I were an RVer in America I'd be armed with an assault rifle or two, a pump-action shotgun and multiple handguns.

Whereupon the scumbag in question would have your dead body, an assault rifle or two, a pump-action shotgun and multiple handguns.

Plus your RV in which to try to escape to Mexico.

Mostly, people don't walk around with all those weapons in their hands every minute of the day - and even if they did, if somebody comes up behind them and puts a gun to their heads, saying "drop the weapons," the weapons get dropped.

If the killer bothered talking to them at all.

The killer talked to *everyone* at the camp ground, including the guy who posted the video on YouTube.
Very friendly male and female killers they were, just like regular campers.
It could easily have been the guy who posted the video who was ķilled...people posting comments about it suggest it could have been his dog that saved him...killers choosing an easier target.
What I learnt from this YouTube video.
. Never trust anyone, especially strangers, including women...including smiling and friendly strangers.. Best to treat everyone you meet like they're
evil killers, until proven otherwise.
. Remote camping attracts thieves and killers.
. Wise people carry guns on their person 24/7 even when at home,

Comparison is the thief of joy.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 577