Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121961 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1605 on: October 12, 2022, 04:17:57 PM »

A slightly disturbing pleasure to see your work, Deej. Bravo
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Holly Martins

« Reply #1606 on: October 12, 2022, 04:32:47 PM »

Indictment: When not if.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2022/10/merrick-garland-donald-trump-investigation-indictment/671683/

Interesting bio stuff on Garland.  Had a smile at this:

When he was on the bench, Garland would occasionally orient new clerks to his idiosyncrasies by playing a song by the band Vampire Weekend which contains the refrain, Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma? It was amusing because the band was so distant from his range of expected cultural references, and because the straitlaced attorney general would never utter that sentence himself. It was also funny because Garland does care about punctuation, deeply.

Holly Martins

« Reply #1607 on: October 12, 2022, 04:40:10 PM »

A slightly disturbing pleasure to see your work, Deej. Bravo

Yes.  A little Dali in there, with the scoundrels.

Someone should put Stephen Miller on a big old jetliner that carries him too far away.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: October 12, 2022, 06:42:05 PM »

Since my skimming the story led to missing some key information I'm deleting the original post.  I'm to that point where, if I can't read the whole story, then I just don't read it.

Well, she is an equal opportunity bigot.

This is what happens when Latinos believe they have been assimilated into whiteness.

This is why so many Latinos are supporting the GOP.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-10-11/nury-martinez-leak-reveals-crude-comments-about-jews-armenians#

You like any Latinas, Larry?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 12, 2022, 07:04:40 PM »

What the fuck is your problem, Kiid?

Since we are asking questions
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1611 on: October 12, 2022, 08:33:31 PM »

Since my skimming the story led to missing some key information I'm deleting the original post.  I'm to that point where, if I can't read the whole story, then I just don't read it.

Well, she is an equal opportunity bigot.

This is what happens when Latinos believe they have been assimilated into whiteness.

This is why so many Latinos are supporting the GOP.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-10-11/nury-martinez-leak-reveals-crude-comments-about-jews-armenians#

You like any Latinas, Larry?

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? (One of my grandmothers faves.)
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: October 12, 2022, 10:23:51 PM »

I dont think he does
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 12, 2022, 11:10:07 PM »

It is hard for you to imagine people less ignorantly bigoted than yourself, kid, though they are all around you all the time.

It is another facet of your pinhead paradox that makes you less and less of a man.

Mostly these days it is diagnosed as conservatism with positive cases being written off as a near total loss.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1614 on: October 12, 2022, 11:15:00 PM »

I dont think he does

I think you are a wannabe Brownshirted fascist.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1616 on: October 13, 2022, 11:13:10 AM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/10/anthony-novak-parma-ohio-onion-scotus-parody/671697/

Parody must be protected.

From the amicus brief (paraphrased):

the Onion is the worlds leading news publication with a daily readership of 4.3 trillion that has grown into the single most powerful and influential organization in human history.

Pure gold...

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #1617 on: October 13, 2022, 12:03:30 PM »

Here

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: October 13, 2022, 12:23:56 PM »

Latinas?
Bad idea to be exalting Latinas above any other race.
Everyone should be treated the same.
"Latinas are all lovely people" seems to be the popular mantra these days.
No they're not.
Some are very horrible, MS13 gang members doing very bad things.
Criminals of all types, from drug carteliers to rapists, mudrerers, thugs of all  types, just like any other race.
 Some are very nice people, like in every other race.
Borders should be closed tight, slammed shut, with only authorised people allowed to cross them.
Italy has finally seen the light.
Countries in Europe have finally seen the light.
Anything else is anarchy, no way to run a nation.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 13, 2022, 12:58:56 PM »

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 577