Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121962 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2370 on: January 04, 2023, 06:06:13 PM »

Here is a video of Sammy Hagar doing a song with some girls from Afghanistan...

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/sammy-hagar-fly-like-an-eagle/

That is how one can win the hearts and minds of the people of Afghanistan. Sammy is winning hearts and minds with his guitar and a song.

Dolly Parton can win hearts and minds, the world loves Dolly Parton. What if Dolly did a song of hope and freedom for the people of Afghanistan? Dolly can win the hearts and minds more than a soldier and a gun could ever do.

Johnny Cash, and Elvis Presley, they were great at winning hearts and minds. American music helped to win the Cold War, and American music can still serve the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: January 04, 2023, 06:55:51 PM »

I just watched a news segment on television about a new program in Long Beach that brings in little girls from the Girl Scouts to read books to the stray dogs and cats at the animal shelter. It was a very cool news segment which shows the good side of humanity, where we love even the stray animals in the shelters.

Children are natural at loving, and that is the side of humanity which we need to nurture. And the Cub Scouts, and the Girl Scouts, and Youth For Christ, etc, and other groups which get the children to do service out of love for other people, are very important. We need to have a warm and loving society where we care about each other and where we love each other. And if we love each other, then the whole world will get better.

We are not going to win the hearts and minds of people with just soldiers and police and prison guards, etc, but a child reading a book to a little old lady at a nursing home WILL win the hearts and minds of people. Being civilized is about loving each other and about helping each other, and about having a community.

And you can win the hearts and minds of people with loving movies like "It's A Wonderful Life" and other good movies like that. Frank Capra was an expert at winning the hearts and minds of the American public.

We need to stop the gang violence, and the illegal drug dealing, and we also need to help the homeless, etc, and we need for people to be more loving and caring, instead of promoting the violence.

And we lost in Afghanistan because we failed to win the hearts and minds of the people of Afghanistan, you cannot win the hearts and minds of people with guns and soldiers. The teachers, and the poets, and the filmmakers, and the clubs such as the Cub Scouts, can win the hearts and minds of the people, along with the Christians and the missionaries, etc.

Of note, rich guys like Rick Caruso can help the homeless without being in politics, he can help communities to improve with his vast resources.

And Churches such as the 7th Day Adventists, and Mormons, and Catholics, and Jews, and Baptists, etc, etc, etc, can win the hearts and minds of people by helping the poor and the needy and the homeless and by helping the senior citizens, etc. You can win the hearts and minds of people by helping to house the homeless, and by feeding the poor, and by children reading books to the senior citizens in the nursing homes, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

No one can beat the the Afghans...all shown in Rambo 3.
Not Gengis Khan, not Britain, not Russia, not US-led Coalition Of the Willing.
US/COW kinda won, got bin Laden and all his computers and files.
Aussie troops were sent to Afghanistan to fight and kill the enemy. They did so, now some in high places wanna charge some of them with war crimes and want to strip *all* of them of their Service medals.
Good luck trying to get anyone to go next time.

Some were sent on a night raid. They copped serious fire from a house. They fired back very seriously, killed *all* inside...including women and children, from memory.
Some boss in Army back home intended to charge them with murder.
No 1 radio host found out and went off his brain about it. His vast Conservative audience did the same.
No charges were laid. And rightly so.

Sad that No 1 radio host has retired...things are very different now without him.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 08:01:34 PM by bambu. »
Comparison is the thief of joy.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: January 04, 2023, 08:58:12 PM »

TRUMP IS BACK!   Making calls on behalf of McCarthy.

Great results, huh?

Trump is over

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: January 04, 2023, 09:00:22 PM »

Yes, Bambu, it was important to remove the bad guys and to kill Bin Laden and to kill Saddam Hussein, we succeeded with that. But, we should have sent in missionaries and teachers to help to transform Afghanistan, and Iraq. And along with soldiers, Australia should have sent Olivia Newton John and Abba, and other beautiful performers to sing songs of freedom and hope and love and charity to the people of Iraq and Afghanistan. And we should have sent Dolly Parton to sing, and Garth Brooks, and Sammy Hagar, and other great stars, to sing songs of freedom and hope to the people of Iraq and Afghanistan.

The soldiers can remove the bad guys but they cannot sing songs of love and freedom to the people like Dolly Parton can.

We can still win the hearts and minds of the people of Afghanistan, and of Iraq, and also we can win over the hearts and minds of the people of Iran.

The revolution has already started in Iran, and Mahlagha Jaberi and others are leading the way to a free Iran with good human rights.

I had a roommate who was the daughter of a Chinese general, and I did not win her over as my friend by being mean to her, I was open and honest with her, and we treated each other with respect, and we were roommates for a whole year in Malibu. I won her heart and mind by just being open and honest with her, and she loves Malibu.

We can still send stars to help to win hearts and minds. And we need to be open and honest with the people, and we need mutual respect.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: January 04, 2023, 09:27:20 PM »

Right now the Arabs are all star-struck, they have wealthy places such as Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and the stars are doing concerts, and they are playing Golf, etc, in those places and the Arabs are spending huge amounts of money to bring the stars to Abu Dhabi and Dubai. We need to use this turn of events to our favor to win the hearts and minds of the Arabs, and to also win the hearts and minds of the Afghans, Persians, and also the people of Iraq. And it would be great if we could be involved with their entertainment.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: January 04, 2023, 09:47:35 PM »

Is there any way to staunch the flow of explosive diarrhea?  Asking for a friend.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: January 04, 2023, 10:44:12 PM »

Here is my student film from USC, I made it with a film student from Turkey, Bekir Serdar Cakir. I thought that I was working for free, but he sent me a check with my copy of our film. So, this was my first paid acting job. They say that you are not really an actor until you are paid to act, and this was the first time that I was paid to act. We had a lot of fun. He entered our film in a contest, and the winner got to be an assistant for Spielberg, but our film did not win the contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2wBMgs-lQ

Bekir was from Turkey, and he wanted to open a movie studio in Turkey to make movies and television shows for the Arabs, and Bekir wanted to let me help to create movies for the Arabs. And Bekir was all about PEACE and he wanted to make movies with Spielberg.

If we have the opportunity to be involved with the growth of the entertainment industry for the Arabs then we can do great things, the opportunity to use the arts as a tool of peace never ends. We can enlighten, and we can lead people towards our own perceived meaning of life, and for me the meaning of life is love, so that is what I convey with my art, love. Love is what it is all about, so if you put me in charge of the entertainment industry then everything is going to be about love.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: January 05, 2023, 01:34:53 AM »

On the issue of inflation, prices are coming down.

I just bought chicken for ninety nine cents per pound, but the price of the Kraft Mesquite Smoke Barbecue Sauce went up by a quarter. I bought ten pounds of chicken and a bottle of barbecue sauce for twelve dollars.

We have it made here in California, we have good food at low prices and we have lots of stores.

Carl's Jr sends me coupons for burgers.

I get coupons from CVS, tomorrow I get a free can of coffee thanks to coupons. I love coupons.

So, the price of food is coming down, and the stores all mail me coupons.

Fresh baked bread now costs two dollars for 4 rolls at the Mexican Market.

Prices are coming down.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: January 05, 2023, 02:21:25 AM »

Is there any way to staunch the flow of explosive diarrhea?  Asking for a friend.

I wonder if it is not better out than in. I try to look past it mostly without stepping too much in it.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: January 05, 2023, 01:13:20 PM »

I just bought chicken for ninety nine cents per pound, but the price of the Kraft Mesquite Smoke Barbecue Sauce went up by a quarter. I bought ten pounds of chicken and a bottle of barbecue sauce for twelve dollars.

We have it made here in California, we have good food at low prices and we have lots of stores.

I get coupons from CVS, tomorrow I get a free can of coffee thanks to coupons. I love coupons.

Prices are coming down.

Salute,

Tony V.

Gotta love coupons ('vouchers' in my world)...if only I could buy chicken at that price.
My chicken breast fillets are $4.80 a pound.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: January 05, 2023, 01:21:53 PM »

Yes, Bambu, it was important to remove the bad guys and to kill Bin Laden and to kill Saddam Hussein, we succeeded with that. But, we should have sent in missionaries and teachers to help to transform Afghanistan, and Iraq. And along with soldiers, Australia should have sent Olivia Newton John and Abba, and other beautiful performers to sing songs of freedom and hope and love and charity to the people of Iraq and Afghanistan. And we should have sent Dolly Parton to sing, and Garth Brooks, and Sammy Hagar, and other great stars, to sing songs of freedom and hope to the people of Iraq and Afghanistan.

The soldiers can remove the bad guys but they cannot sing songs of love and freedom to the people like Dolly Parton can.

We can still win the hearts and minds of the people of Afghanistan, and of Iraq, and also we can win over the hearts and minds of the people of Iran.

The revolution has already started in Iran, and Mahlagha Jaberi and others are leading the way to a free Iran with good human rights.

I had a roommate who was the daughter of a Chinese general, and I did not win her over as my friend by being mean to her, I was open and honest with her, and we treated each other with respect, and we were roommates for a whole year in Malibu. I won her heart and mind by just being open and honest with her, and she loves Malibu.

We can still send stars to help to win hearts and minds. And we need to be open and honest with the people, and we need mutual respect.

Salute,

Tony V.

Don't think the Taliban do songs of freedom.
The only music they seem to like is the sound of exploding IEDs.
Trouble in Afghanistan was/is that 85% of the place was Taliban-held.
One Afghan guy said: "The People (majority) ARE the Taliban!"

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: January 05, 2023, 01:32:14 PM »

Prices are coming down.

Salute,

Tony V.

Gotta love coupons ('vouchers' in my world)...if only I could buy chicken at that price.

Australian dollars are worthless. You are effectively getting your chicken for free, you shameless mooch.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: January 05, 2023, 01:52:09 PM »

Prices are coming down.

Salute,

Tony V.

Australian dollars are worthless. You are effectively getting your chicken for free, you shameless mooch.

The fed govt pays me the age pension in the "worthless dollars" you speak of.
They're only 'worthless' if I leave the country.

The homeless, if over 65, can get the age oension, plus rent assistance etc.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: January 05, 2023, 05:01:24 PM »

For $6.99 per pound I can get beef Ribeye steaks at Stater Brothers, which are great to barbecue with friends, Stater Brothers has the best deals around on beef. They also have New York strip steaks, and T Bone steaks, etc, with the Ribeye steaks, but I like the Ribeye steaks the best.

Bambu, you are paying way too much for chicken, Australia needs to allow in some immigrants from the Philippines and let the Filipinos help Australia to grow and raise food. You need for food to be cheap and abundant, like here in California. Our secret is that the immigrants come here from all over the world, including from the Philippines, and the immigrants help to grow and raise food here.

We also have lots of stores, and the stores compete against each other so that helps to bring the prices down. And the stores and restaurants send us coupons to attract us to their stores and restaurants. If you shop for bargains, and if you use coupons, then you can save money.

Also, maybe you can lower food prices in Australia by expanding trade with Colombia and with the rest of South America, and Colombia is where the best coffee comes from.

I hope your food prices come down, it is important to have good food to eat. The prices rose here, but then the prices came back down because of competition, etc, and thanks to products from Mexico, etc. We also produce local food, we have avocados and oranges and grapes and onions, and garlic, and everything else growing in California, and California makes cheese, etc. And Nevada raises lots of beef. We also have the Pacific Ocean for seafood.

Of note, Gordon Smith of Oregon is a billionaire from selling frozen vegetables, people from all over the world picked vegetables for Gordon Smith and they made him rich, while he provided frozen vegetables for people.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: January 05, 2023, 05:09:32 PM »

Prices are coming down.

Salute,

Tony V.

Buy a whole chicken and cut your own filets
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 577