Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 594

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 132828 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #4950 on: August 07, 2023, 08:21:39 PM »

Failed Nepo Babies are not high on my list of "must deal with" issues.

Also nice to know Oz taxes high income at the minimal acceptable fair and equitable rate, 50 percent. It might think about easing into the top bracket and paying for that by raising the ultimate top marginal rate a few points to make the balance.

UMC more likely to put it back into the economy than the solipsists at the top of the wealth chain.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: August 07, 2023, 09:27:52 PM »

Rome, Italy, is nice, and the rent is the same price as in Anaheim, and Rome receives 10 million tourists per year, so there are many tourists to sell stuff to, the economy in Rome is great

And Rome has Hostels for $15 per night for a shower and a bed

Plus Rome has Cinecitta which is the largest movie studio in Europe.

I tried to move to Rome in 2003 but I could not get a job, if I could have gotten a job I would have stayed there. Rome is great, and it is the Christian capital of the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: August 07, 2023, 09:33:15 PM »

"When the cheese is on the table, that's when the rats come out" - US man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: August 07, 2023, 09:47:36 PM »

Roy Rogers started out poor when he first came to California from Ohio during the Great Depression, and he picked fruit for a living like my ancestors did, and he drove a truck, and he did whatever he could to make honest money. He played guitar and sang at the homeless camps for the fruit pickers, and that was how he developed his skill as a guitar player and singer and entertainer. Then, he became more and more involved with music, and he traveled around and performed on radio stations, and whatever they could do to earn money for food, he said he was always hungry. Then one day he was on a radio station and he told the listeners that he was hungry and that he loved lemon pie, so a listener brought a lemon pie to him, and her name was Arlene and that was how Roy met his first wife. ( I think that is the story. )

Then Roy went to get his hat cleaned, and the guy at the hat store told him about a job for a singing cowboy. Roy went and applied for the job, and the rest is history. Roy became a huge star like Gene Autry.

Roy and the Sons of the Pioneers played at swimming pool parties for William Randolph Hearst in San Simeon, and Roy was friends with all of the rich and famous people. And over the years Roy Rogers was friends with Ronald Reagan and with other Presidents of the United States.

Roy went from being a poor kid from Ohio, to being the King of the Cowboys.

I just wish he would have valued an education more.

I spent 2 days with Roy Rogers, one day my Brother took me to Roy's Daughter Dodie's house for Christmas Day and I spent the whole day with Roy and Dale, and Roy told me stories all day. Then, on another day, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans were at my Brother's wedding, when my Brother married their Granddaughter Kristen. Roy and Dale were very nice people, and they were very kind.

I wanted for my Brother's children to all attend college, their Great Grandparents were Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, I wanted for them to all go to Harvard, and to get the best education the USA had to offer. But, instead they all moved to Alabama, and none of them went to college. And they had problems with meth, and other stupid low life shit that they should not have been around. Now they all have tattoos and bad teeth, etc. That seems to be the direction America wants to go, tattoos and bad teeth. But we can try to get them to go to Harvard.

Anyhow, I liked Roy, I just wish he would have valued an education more, and I wish he would have sent all of the kids to college.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: August 08, 2023, 02:49:44 AM »

Also nice to know Oz taxes high income at the minimal acceptable fair and equitable rate, 50 percent. It might think about easing into the top bracket and paying for that by raising the ultimate top marginal rate a few points to make the balance.

UMC more likely to put it back into the economy than the solipsists at the top of the wealth chain.

Don't wanna tax your qualification for 'rich' too much, need them to keep buying new cars, new boats, new houses...look at all the furniture they also buy.
There's the boat sales, and boat maintenance companies, marina costs.
'Poor' people aren't buying many boats, and certainly not expensive ones...more like 'tinnies' with an outboard motor. Crocs love tipping them over and eating the occupants...best not to use them on rivers in croc country.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 03:10:13 AM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: August 08, 2023, 03:23:55 AM »

Atop the Sydney Harbour Bridge fly two giant flags...one on each side of the arch.

The Aboriginal flag...representing Black people, on one side, ....and....the National flag containing the British Union Jack, 7 point Federation Star, and stars of the Southern Cross...representing 'White/Everyone else' people on the other side.
Please tell me how that is not 'segregation' and 'division'.
Please tell me how that is "We are ONE".

A word in the national anthem was changed recently from "young" to "one"...after complaints from Indigenous community.

Australians all let us rejoice
for we are one and free

I fail to see how two flags are 'one".

Oh, and around Sydney now they're putting up, in bright letters 2'6" and 3' high, at the entrance to suburbs...

LITTLE VIETNAM

LITTLE INDIA, LITTLE ITALY etc.

Gotta love assimilation.  lol

Coming to America soon?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 03:27:47 AM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: August 08, 2023, 03:34:49 AM »

Recent works   https://gradycartoons.com/recent-works/

The Strange Candidacy of Dr. Ronald & Mr. DeSantis

See what you did there.

So slipping polls are his bathtub gin apparently.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: August 08, 2023, 03:35:34 AM »

Some people think that the police department protects us from a meltdown of civilization, they call it the "Thin Blue Line." But in reality it is the school teachers, and the preachers, who make society better, it is the people who teach us to love our neighbors who are the people who are holding society together. It is the people who teach us to be kind, and to love our neighbors, who are the civilization builders.

And you do not have to pay a good person to obey the law or to be good to their neighbors, as long as I have a gun to defend my neighbors then I will help to watch over my neighbors. You do not have to pay me to help my neighbors. The people who have the most power are the people who taught me to have love and compassion for my neighbors. The teachers, and the preachers, have the power to save society. And we can all own guns and we can all protect our neighbors, no one should have to pay you to protect your neighbors and other good innocent people.

And movies, and television shows, and books, and music, all have power to teach people and effect people.

I hate the mother fucking gangster rap, and they have the East Coast fighting against the West Coast, that was how Tupac died, and the neighborhoods are all fighting against each other, it is all BULLSHIT. We need peace, and food, and education, and a good economy. There is no reason for the young people to be killing each other over bullshit music. Blessed are the peacemakers. And Los Angeles and New York are both on the same team, we are all Americans, and we have more to gain by working together as a team instead of having bullshit violence.

And may God bless Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries here in Los Angeles, Homeboy Industries helps former gang members to get well and to enter society as a good human being and to be redeemed. The gangsters are all sick, and Homeboy Industries helps to make them well. Praise be to God and to Father Boyle.

We need love, and peace, and food, and people need to love their neighbors.

Blessed are the peacemakers. It is easy to make war, but we need peace even though it is harder, and blessed are the peacemakers.

And if everyone obeyed the 10 Commandments and the Golden Rule then our prisons would be empty.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 03:39:32 AM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: August 08, 2023, 03:38:32 AM »

Don't wanna tax your qualification for 'rich' too much, need them to keep buying new cars, new boats, new houses...look at all the furniture they also buy.
There's the boat sales, and boat maintenance companies, marina costs.
'Poor' people aren't buying many boats, and certainly not expensive ones...more like 'tinnies' with an outboard motor. Crocs love tipping them over and eating the occupants...best not to use them on rivers in croc country.

There is lots of work regular people need done. Catering to parasites does not have to be the basis for a career for anyone.

Slavish devotion to debunked economic ideas might make one think so, but only if one is a very stupid and deluded species of fish.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: August 08, 2023, 04:16:42 AM »

The Bible says that men need to work, and the Bible says that blessed is a man who hires workers, and the Bible tells us to pay our workers fair and to treat them well.

https://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/what-we-believe/catholic-social-teaching/the-dignity-of-work-and-the-rights-of-workers

The Bible also says that poor widows and their children are loved by God, and God will punish the people who take advantage of poor widows and their children. God sees everything.

We need to work, but we need to be paid well for our work, and all people need to be respected.

Of note on the issue of boats, I have a nephew who I never met who is a yacht captain, rich people pay him to be the captain for their yachts. He also piloted a ferry boat I guess. He is a good guy and he is a good honest worker.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: August 08, 2023, 04:57:36 AM »

The Bible says that men need to work, and the Bible says that blessed is a man who hires workers, and the Bible tells us to pay our workers fair and to treat them well.

https://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/what-we-believe/catholic-social-teaching/the-dignity-of-work-and-the-rights-of-workers

The Bible also says that poor widows and their children are loved by God, and God will punish the people who take advantage of poor widows and their children. God sees everything.

We need to work, but we need to be paid well for our work, and all people need to be respected.

Of note on the issue of boats, I have a nephew who I never met who is a yacht captain, rich people pay him to be the captain for their yachts. He also piloted a ferry boat I guess. He is a good guy and he is a good honest worker.

Salute,

Tony V.

Trouble is...America / the West are fast becoming atheist.
'Conscience' is dying out fast.
It's fast becoming  totally "dog eat dog'.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: August 08, 2023, 05:33:23 AM »

"Britain moves asylum-seekers to controversial housing barge."

"Asylum-seekers take legal action against Britain".

Britain has to get control of its borders, one way or another..or the floodgates will open.
Britain should do what Australia did, draw a line in the sand, state that anyone who comes to Britain by boat seeking asylum will never be settled in Britain, and mean it, back it up with actions.
Send anyone who tries it to an offshore island, or barge.
Also, tow back the boats...to the edge of France's territorial waters, and point the boats at land....as Australia did with Indonesia.
The boats stopped coming.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: August 08, 2023, 08:47:13 AM »

Atop the Sydney Harbour Bridge fly two giant flags...one on each side of the arch.

The Aboriginal flag...representing Black people, on one side, ....and....the National flag containing the British Union Jack, 7 point Federation Star, and stars of the Southern Cross...representing 'White/Everyone else' people on the other side.
Please tell me how that is not 'segregation' and 'division'.
Please tell me how that is "We are ONE".
I wonder which of the two flags you approve of.

A word in the national anthem was changed recently...
Hopefully, from "jumbuck" to "sheep". Speak English, fools.
Oh, and around Sydney now they're putting up, in bright letters 2'6" and 3' high, at the entrance to suburbs...

LITTLE VIETNAM

LITTLE INDIA, LITTLE ITALY etc.

Gotta love assimilation.  lol

Coming to America soon?
Yeah, like maybe in 1850. Forget it bambu its Chinatown, Korea Town,, Little Italy, Slavic Village, Little Warsaw and the like and they have been around the US for decades. And their people get assimilated just fine in a generation. No reason to think that will change.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: August 08, 2023, 09:16:17 AM »

Also, what kind of microsheep do you have under there that you can carry them around in Tucker bags?
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: August 08, 2023, 10:26:40 AM »

I have wondered this since I was around age ten.  The only photos I've seen show the tucker bag as a size that would accomodate a couple loaves of bread, a few canned goods....about the capacity of a PBS totebag.  NM that a squirming sheep could not be wrangled with one hand while you hold the bag open with the other.

I blame too many hits off the billabong.
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 594