Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121965 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5850 on: October 10, 2023, 03:43:59 PM »

Bambu, China needs food, so Australia can send food to China, and in return China can send solar panels to Australia. And we can be friends and allies with China. The Chinese can vacation in Australia, etc.

And remember to always be friends with the Philippines, and to include them, they are good Christians.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: October 10, 2023, 03:49:36 PM »

Guns are great..for defending against invading Islamic etc terrorists intent on  gang raping to death, burning to death, your family...including beheading your babies/children.
The more and bigger guns the better.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: October 10, 2023, 04:13:52 PM »

But outside watchdog groups say misinformation about the war abounds on the platform that billionaire Elon Musk bought last year. Musk himself has recommended unreliable accounts posting about the war. And his job cuts since taking over Twitter last year have left fewer people responsible for taking action on posts that violate the platform s policies.
                -- AP report

And always there are the propaganda classics, like disemboweling babies.  How many wars have involved fueling outrage with a disemboweled baby story?
This one is one too many.
Not that a sick group like Hamas and its sponsors(Iran et al) does not love to find new and more horrendous ways to kill innocent civilians.
I think the point is it is the type of blood libel that pops up in the course of the conduct of any war, and while it certainly may have happened, it is also the type of claim people make up to fuel outrage. So, yes, I will be skeptical of the allegation until I see a reputable source for it.

What Hamas did is atrocity enough.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: October 10, 2023, 04:32:14 PM »

Guns are great..for defending against invading Islamic etc terrorists intent on  gang raping to death, burning to death, your family...including beheading your babies/children.
The more and bigger guns the better.
Wonderful!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2023/10/10/guns-schools-us-increased-prevention-violence/
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: October 10, 2023, 04:43:39 PM »

A great photo popped up in my feed on Facebook of a group of World War II soldiers drinking ice cold milk at a bar, the American farm men loved the cold milk better than beer and whiskey. The Christian farm men just wanted a cold glass of milk and the company of women.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: October 10, 2023, 05:02:10 PM »

How do you know they were Christian(?)
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: October 10, 2023, 05:16:44 PM »

what else would they be?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: October 10, 2023, 05:48:09 PM »

And always there are the propaganda classics, like disemboweling babies.  How many wars have involved fueling outrage with a disemboweled baby story?

If memory serves, you had no problem believing that Assad was dropping barrel bombs on women and children.  I'm not sure why you're skeptical that there are some genuinely evil people out there.

I said that wars are fueled by focusing on the most outrageous atrocities and suggesting they are the norm and ergo the enemy is evil incarnate.  I am sure there are evils from both sides, as Hamas militants kill innocent civilians, and then Israeli reprisals that also...kill innocent civilians.  Is that clearer?
Jesus, what fucking stupidity
Hamas takes EVIL to new and extreme heights( we now know many of the slaughtered Israeli babies were beheaded.) Hamas strategy is to allow for the reprisal deaths of their own to paradoxically count themselves as victims. in fact Hamas respects no lives, including their own.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 05:49:43 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: October 10, 2023, 05:52:52 PM »

what else would they be?

Rational, moral people with a functioning ethical code. They could be unchurched. It was and remains more common than you would like to believe
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: October 10, 2023, 05:55:41 PM »

what else would they be?
Okay, Red.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: October 10, 2023, 06:00:19 PM »

what else would they be?
Okay, Red.
Records from the Great Lakes Naval Center found that in 1944, 74.7 percent of the men in battle were Protestant, 23 percent Catholic, and 1.7 percent Jewish. But professing atheists were quite rareperhaps not one in a thousand. (Sperry 45).

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: October 10, 2023, 06:06:10 PM »

Well there is your answer

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: October 10, 2023, 06:26:17 PM »

Well there is your answer
You mean your answer

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: October 10, 2023, 06:32:16 PM »

You asked what else they could be. The statistics you provided answered your question. I asked how Salute Tony V knew the soldiers were Christian. The answer is he did not know.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: October 10, 2023, 06:55:37 PM »

You asked what else they could be. The statistics you provided answered your question. I asked how Salute Tony V knew the soldiers were Christian. The answer is he did not know.
they answered the question   I asked.?
I responded to your question by asking what else could they be.

You flunked it.

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 577