Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2073 2074 [2075] 2076 2077 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1640879 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #31110 on: April 07, 2020, 09:06:42 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31111 on: April 07, 2020, 09:08:07 PM »

Nice to see IVANKA make an appearance today - at the meeting concerning small business loans.

Not sure you will find it unless you go to Fox, since she didn't slip up.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31112 on: April 07, 2020, 09:51:09 PM »

they got her already

SHE got her already, Kid.

Nobody forced her to say this: ""This President will always put America first," she said. "He will always protect American citizens. We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here. We will not see terrorism come here. And isn't that refreshing when contrasting it with the awful presidency of President Obama?"

Nobody forced her to claim it was about the cancellation of flights (when we know that many flights continued to come).

Nobody forced her to claim that the president had it "under control," when he was far from it.

Unforced errors, we call those.

She's perfect for the role, given the others who have been there. She sounds slightly brighter than Ms. Grisham, but not any more tuned into or prepared to admit to reality.

She sounds a bit like you, now that you mention it!

"They" indeed!

(I knew you weren't gone for the day.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31113 on: April 07, 2020, 09:51:56 PM »

Nice to see IVANKA make an appearance today - at the meeting concerning small business loans.

Weren't you the one who said you didn't watch Fox?!

Folks, help me out here.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31114 on: April 07, 2020, 09:53:44 PM »

Speaking of business loans,

http://www.emptywheel.net/2020/04/07/like-all-else-trumps-inspector-general-turnover-is-about-pandemic/

The trumps are fucking looters. Hang them from the White House fence as a warning to all who come after.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31116 on: April 07, 2020, 10:28:10 PM »

He cannot hear himself speak.

He cannot admit being wrong.

“When Peter Navarro did circulate those memos, you were still downplaying the threat of coronavirus in the US,” the reporter said. “You were saying things like, ‘I think it’s a problem that is going to go away within a couple of days —’”

“Which I’m right about,” Trump interjected.

The reporter continued: “You said ‘within a couple of days the cases will be down to zero.’”

Given the current magnitude of coronavirus cases in the US, you might think Trump’s comment about coronavirus going away on its own would be too much even for him to try and defend. You’d be wrong.

“Well, the cases really didn’t build up for a while,” Trump replied.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31117 on: April 07, 2020, 10:31:56 PM »

Weren't you the one who said you didn't watch Fox?!

Folks, help me out here.

I tape Fox every day from 12-12.  This way I can watch what I want when I want

Also tape quite a bit from CNN and MS - and ABC's The View.

Not even sure Ivanka was on Fox when I saw that meeting.  Probably was.  I did mean FoxNews.com though - if you wanted to find news of her appearance

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31118 on: April 07, 2020, 10:32:58 PM »

they got her already

Nobody forced her to say this: ""This President will always put America first," she said. "He will always protect American citizens. We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here. We will not see terrorism come here. And isn't that refreshing when contrasting it with the awful presidency of President Obama?"

Nobody forced her to claim it was about the cancellation of flights (when we know that many flights continued to come).

Nobody forced her to claim that the president had it "under control," when he was far from it.

She's perfect for the role, given the others who have been there. She sounds slightly brighter than Ms. Grisham, but not any more tuned into or prepared to admit to reality.

"They" indeed!

I remember her from her CNN days. She will not be moved off her talking points and will not be embarrassed or fazed when her next talking point contradicts her current one.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31119 on: April 07, 2020, 10:34:53 PM »

Speaking of those cases building up...

Today (4/7), the United States had more new COVID-19 cases than the next 7 highest countries' cases combined did!

That includes Frances' record setting amount.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31120 on: April 07, 2020, 10:36:00 PM »

they got her already

"They" indeed!

I remember her from her CNN days. She will not be moved off her talking points and will not be embarrassed or fazed when her next talking point contradicts her current one.

I am sure both Trump and Kid view that as a major plus in her make-up.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31121 on: April 07, 2020, 10:45:32 PM »

The pick surprised me, when C J Cregg was available.

Ari Fleischer of course tops my list.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31122 on: April 07, 2020, 11:21:31 PM »

The pick surprised me, when C J Cregg was available.

Ari Fleischer of course tops my list.

I've thought for years that it would be ballsy of a president to ask Allison Janney to be his press secretary.

Or Aaron Sorkin to be his speech writer.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31123 on: April 07, 2020, 11:52:56 PM »

Achtung, bitches and don’t say you weren’t warned.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1247711223627603986.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31124 on: April 07, 2020, 11:57:30 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 2073 2074 [2075] 2076 2077 ... 4288