Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 571

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 120785 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2160 on: December 07, 2022, 06:33:41 PM »

"Proud Boys Shut Down a Church's Holiday-Themed Drag Storytime for Children

Holi- DRAG
Storytime"
#####

...for the little kiddies!
To use a Donaldism...
"I don't think so"

At a church, in the 'Bible Belt'...and leftists are surprised there was a protest.

LGBTQ
Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transexual, Queer.

Some people believe the kiddies should not have to 'worry' about such things until they are adults at age 18.
Seems the Proud Boys-ilk are such people.
My guess is many people are praising them for shutting down the event with their protest.
Well yes homophobia and transportation are major problems. Frightened confused and bitter balls of hate like you are far too common in this world. But you are a minority, I think, and praise God as your like dies
off they are being replaced by more tolerant, less hateful young people.

Have 'Holi-DRAG Storytime'  all you like, in a venue for adults somewhere, knock yourself out.
Not in a church...and not for children.
Children are having a difficult enough time at school trying to decide if they're actually boys or girls
, with all the 'gender' nonsense being foist upon them, teachers wearing high heels, stockings, dresses, and having beards...for example.

Such bullshit.

Why do you think a man in a funny dress reading to kids is so dangerous?

How was Milton Berle and Flip Wilson so popular back in the 50s-60s?

Right wing have no agenda beyond fear and hatred to make poor dumb rednecks vote against their economic self interest on behalf of the billionaire donor class who benefit from Republican policies.

Suckers!

Youtube

"Drag Pushed On Kids From Pizza Hut To Gay Bars"

Dr. Duke Pesta and and Alex Newman discuss the latest fascination with the indoctrination of kids into accepting, supporting, and promoting Drag Queens of all ages

"Worse than the 'Black-face' of years ago".
"The feminisation of boys and men" .

#####

A male forumite in my world has as his signature:

"Teach your boys to be men,
before their ......... teach them to be women."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 07:12:28 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: December 08, 2022, 02:15:54 PM »

A male forumite in my world has as his signature:

"Teach your boys to be men,
before their ......... teach them to be women."

A world where Bambu is pounded until his ball gag flies out, not that there is anything wrong with that.

I hope he knows your safe word.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: December 08, 2022, 02:36:09 PM »

Bambu, it was great when I first moved into this apartment, and back then I was friends with Cheech Marin's Uncle Ted, Ted was from Ukraine, and he married Cheech's Aunt Maria. Ted helped me to move into this apartment. And my friend Lisa from the Philippines was rich, and she gave me a whole apartment full of furniture for free. Then, I became good friends with the manager who was from Mexico, and I became friends with the owner who was from Taiwan. Then, I hung out at the local Bodega and I ate tacos and I drank beer with my neighbors and I was able to become friends with my neighbors. And right after I moved in on a hot summer evening in 2006 I passed out a truck load of free ice cream to my whole neighborhood, a truck driver asked me if I wanted to pass out free ice cream to my neighbors and I was happy to do it, me and my Uncle Dennis went door to door passing out free ice cream to the whole neighborhood. Then, I threw a party here in my neighborhood with free mahi mahi tacos and a live band by the swimming pool, and the owner bought pizza for everyone.

Here is a video of my friend Jon's band at a mahi mahi taco party that we held here...

http://youtu.be/x4K7dnixw5I

Then, I joined Kiwanis International and I became friends with all of the people at City Hall and with all of the local business owners, etc.

But, as time passes all of my friends are dying, and the people do not remember the good days, and many of the old neighbors moved and new people moved in.

And now a heartless corporation owns the apartment complex, which sucks. I loved to be friends with the owner of the complex, and with the manager, etc.

I have a lot of ideas for this neighborhood. A community theatre, a movie studio, a Barnes and Noble bookstore, etc. But, if they do not want me here anymore then maybe it is time to move. I loved living in Malibu, and also there is a condo highrise in Hollywood that is all full of stars, you can make movies with your neighbors, the name of the highrise is "Empire West."

I have been here since 2006 and it has been nice here. I have gotten along well with my neighbors, and I have been grateful for my apartment.

We also have good grocery stores, and nice parks, and good restaurants. Plus we have Disneyland.

Also, somewhere over by Angel Stadium we have the Chapman film school, and they can help me make my movie, and I can meet new people in the Entertainment Industry, and I can volunteer to act in student films, etc. I can also meet people who can help me to publish my poetry book.

I am friends with my neighbors who have been here for a long time. And I will go to the neighborhood meetings. If I am going to live here then I want to be a good part of my community and I want to go to the neighborhood meetings.

And if I want to move then I need money, so I need to publish my poetry book, and make my movie, and do some acting work, and more writing, etc. And I want to find a wife who wants to write and produce with me, that would be great.

I have thought about opening a night club in Rome, and making wine in Tuscany, and making movies at Cinecitta, and finding a beautiful Italian wife, but we will see, I went to Italy in 2003 and the time is flying by. But, I still have my passport, and I am ready to travel when I can. I would love to go open a night club in Rome, we will see what happens.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 02:39:39 PM by FlyingVProd »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: December 08, 2022, 05:08:50 PM »

Oakland police wanted to arm robots with shotguns but backed down in the face of public opposition, instead opting for pepper spray.   

https://apnews.com/article/police-san-francisco-a392e5a7c1aaac8f58387dde672a7fd1

When I was reading Asimov's robot stories in my youth, did I really imagine I would actually be reading a line like that in a news story a few decades later?  Of course, Asimov's fictional robots were blocked from harming humans by having strict rules baked into their positronic brains, the famous Three Rules. 

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: December 08, 2022, 07:10:48 PM »

Bambu, it was great when I first moved into this apartment, and back then I was friends with Cheech Marin's Uncle Ted, Ted was from Ukraine, and he married Cheech's Aunt Maria. Ted helped me to move into this apartment. And my friend Lisa from the Philippines was rich, and she gave me a whole apartment full of furniture for free. Then, I became good friends with the manager who was from Mexico, and I became friends with the owner who was from Taiwan. Then, I hung out at the local Bodega and I ate tacos and I drank beer with my neighbors and I was able to become friends with my neighbors. And right after I moved in on a hot summer evening in 2006 I passed out a truck load of free ice cream to my whole neighborhood, a truck driver asked me if I wanted to pass out free ice cream to my neighbors and I was happy to do it, me and my Uncle Dennis went door to door passing out free ice cream to the whole neighborhood. Then, I threw a party here in my neighborhood with free mahi mahi tacos and a live band by the swimming pool, and the owner bought pizza for everyone.

Here is a video of my friend Jon's band at a mahi mahi taco party that we held here...

Then, I joined Kiwanis International and I became friends with all of the people at City Hall and with all of the local business owners, etc.

But, as time passes all of my friends are dying, and the people do not remember the good days, and many of the old neighbors moved and new people moved in.

And now a heartless corporation owns the apartment complex, which sucks. I loved to be friends with the owner of the complex, and with the manager, etc.

I have a lot of ideas for this neighborhood. A community theatre, a movie studio, a Barnes and Noble bookstore, etc. But, if they do not want me here anymore then maybe it is time to move. I loved living in Malibu, and also there is a condo highrise in Hollywood that is all full of stars, you can make movies with your neighbors, the name of the highrise is "Empire West."

I have been here since 2006 and it has been nice here. I have gotten along well with my neighbors, and I have been grateful for my apartment.

We also have good grocery stores, and nice parks, and good restaurants. Plus we have Disneyland.

Also, somewhere over by Angel Stadium we have the Chapman film school, and they can help me make my movie, and I can meet new people in the Entertainment Industry, and I can volunteer to act in student films, etc. I can also meet people who can help me to publish my poetry book.

I am friends with my neighbors who have been here for a long time. And I will go to the neighborhood meetings. If I am going to live here then I want to be a good part of my community and I want to go to the neighborhood meetings.

And if I want to move then I need money, so I need to publish my poetry book, and make my movie, and do some acting work, and more writing, etc. And I want to find a wife who wants to write and produce with me, that would be great.

I have thought about opening a night club in Rome, and making wine in Tuscany, and making movies at Cinecitta, and finding a beautiful Italian wife, but we will see, I went to Italy in 2003 and the time is flying by. But, I still have my passport, and I am ready to travel when I can. I would love to go open a night club in Rome, we will see what happens.

Salute,

Tony V.

Seems to be the same the world over...the good old days are gone, and the bad new days are here.
If you like your apartment, you can keep it forever, and it's affordable...you should keep it and stay there...
horror awaits homeless people looking for nice apartments to rent or occupy.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: December 08, 2022, 07:30:25 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Seems to be the same the world over...the good old days are gone, and the bad new days are here.
If you like your apartment, you can keep it forever, and it's affordable...you should keep it and stay there...
horror awaits homeless people looking for nice apartments to rent or occupy.
Wait... rent or occupy? For a racist bigoted hateful transphobe bambu has unexpected depths.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: December 09, 2022, 12:56:24 PM »

Anaheim is nice, and I am blessed. I am so grateful to have food and shelter. For the homeless it is a nightmare every day out there on the streets. I am so lucky not to be homeless.

And I love the Mexicans, and our diversity, that is what America is all about, I just want to be a part of the community with everyone else, I do not want to be an outcast.

I will attend my community meetings with the rest of the community, and I will share my ideas with them.

Someday if I make a lot of money I will move, but for now I am grateful to have a home, and I need to take advantage of the opportunities which exist here in Anaheim.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: December 09, 2022, 01:04:31 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/12/09/republicans-biden-gas-prices/

Common sense on what actually determines the ups and down of gas prices.  Time for the mendacious partisan rooster vacuumers to pipe down.

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: December 09, 2022, 02:55:18 PM »

Four billion dollars in investment is going to be spent here in Anaheim, it is going to be nice, and more investment will happen as good positive forward momentum happens, we have made progress, and a lot of really good things are going to happen here in the future.

https://shoppingcenterbusiness.com/anaheim-city-council-approves-4-billion-ocvbe-mixed-use-entertainment-district-surrounding-honda-center/

And in my neighborhood we could have a movie studio with film and television equipment rentals, and we could have a community theatre, and we could have a Barnes and Noble bookstore, etc.

Over on Beach Blvd they can build a giant Vans skatepark and music stores and shoe stores and skateshops, etc, money needs to be invested in that area, and they need good healthy activities for the youth. Some money can also go into nice landscaping, like in Saint Augustine, Florida, and in Rome, Italy.

Anaheim also needs a world class Opera House which can be built by master craftsmen.

Also, we need to build a high speed train between Anaheim and Las Vegas for our tourists, and the locals will love the trains too.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: December 09, 2022, 03:21:02 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/12/09/republicans-biden-gas-prices/

Common sense on what actually determines the ups and down of gas prices.  Time for the mendacious partisan rooster vacuumers to pipe down.

No such luck for me.
I have to pay $7.60 a gallon...but really have to pay $8.17 as my old car doesn't like the cheap stuff...on 98 octane it runs better, has more power...I've considered it's my imagination....but it isn't, it really does run better.
A manual gearbox...on 98 octane it pulls better in 5th, 4th, and 3rd gears...and has better acceleration all the time.
If I stay home a lot, leave it in the garage, it doesn't use much fuel at all. My $8.17 lasts a while.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: December 09, 2022, 03:24:12 PM »

Mrs Sparkle and her husband should have their titles stripped.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: December 09, 2022, 07:47:58 PM »

We can create a lot of good paying jobs if we would put more people to work building our high speed trains. We already allocated the funding for the California high speed rail project, we need to put more people to work building it, and we can work on several routes at once, and for instance right now as they are building the section between Merced and Bakersfield, they can also be building a section between Lancaster and Los Angeles, and we could be building a section between Anaheim and Las Vegas, etc, and between Anaheim and San Diego, etc.

We need to give those good paying railroad jobs to people as we expedite the building of our high speed trains. We need to speed up the building process, and we need to hire more workers.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: December 09, 2022, 09:58:02 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 571