Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2397 2398 [2399] 2400 2401 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1653025 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #35970 on: June 01, 2020, 04:01:07 PM »

Guiliani calls the Floyd murder quite possibly first degree, call the case undercharged.

Fuck Rudy Giuliani and fuck any GOPer who thinks their plant to peel off a few percentage points of black voters.

That ship sailed

8 per cent, last count

Do you begrudge these brothers their viewpoint?  Do you hold hatred for them - or acceptance?

I feel sorry for them but I understand them.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35971 on: June 01, 2020, 04:02:30 PM »

Larry's stance on the current strife seems to run afoul of Terrance (what are we all doing?) Floyd, sadly.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #35972 on: June 01, 2020, 04:03:11 PM »

AntiFa could take a lesson from that.

Yes.  They killed the girl in Charlottesville as much as that redneck idiot did.  By wreaking havoc unnecessarily....

This statement is monumental in its absurdity.   And contemptible. (I see NeedsAdj is making this post redundant but wth)  Maybe we should include any auto parts dealer who sold to the redneck.   And Henry Ford and August Daimler are definitely major players,  what with unleashing heavy steel vehicles on city streets!

Its right there in the name; Antifascist.  If the fascists didn't exist, the organizations opposing them wouldn't.  The focus on Antifa is an undisguised argument that the fascists should exist.  Its funny that a fucker like kiidcarter8 thinks we can't see that, with the bullshit "give peace a chance" persona he is taking on in the forum today.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35973 on: June 01, 2020, 04:03:45 PM »

I'd like to think all on this forum are a little to very upset at the defacing of monument sites and the burning of a historic church that occurred last night

I think you are - though all of you wont say so.

Pray for Minneapolis

Pray for DC

Pray for America

Nigga please.

give us some more soothing lyrics

Not my job, man.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35974 on: June 01, 2020, 04:07:06 PM »

Larry's stance on the current strife seems to run afoul of Terrance (what are we all doing?) Floyd, sadly.

If my brother had been murdered I’d feel as he.

As it is our stances are exactly on point.

“There’s a lot of us! Peace on the left! Justice on the right!”

In other words  VOTE THEM MOTHERFUCKERS OUT!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 04:13:53 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #35975 on: June 01, 2020, 04:08:07 PM »

I'd like to think all on this forum are a little to very upset at the defacing of monument sites and the burning of a historic church that occurred last night

Pray for Minneapolis

Pray for DC

Pray for America

Nigga please.

The parish house next to the historic church,  BTW.   Get your facts straight, KCart. 
Not nearly as upset about that,  as about what people are doing to other people,  like cops beating up a woman who was just bringing soothing milk to the teargassed,  or some redneck shooting a protestor in downtown Omaha,  killing him.   Or a cop crushing down on a man's neck until he's dead.   FUCK THE MONUMENTS.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #35976 on: June 01, 2020, 04:11:00 PM »

America... you’ve had your chances..

“The poll, released this week, showed that white Americans of all ages disapprove of the protests by a margin of 63 percent to 30 percent. Hispanic Americans disapprove of the protests by a smaller margin, 45 percent to 36 percent.

However, black Americans of all ages approve of the protests 74 percent to 17 percent.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/white-americans-disapprove-national-anthem-protests-poll-finds

Knicks given the time(s) do you not think your post is a little misleading and could be misunderstood?

A poll released this week about protests?

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

So it was not from "this week: and not presumably about the George Floyd killing and related protests,  was it?

"You" don't have to bullshit to win arguments. In fact, its generally a prescription for losing them.

Do better.

You could have read the article the quote was pulled from, but that would have required a bit of effort.

Do better.

The point remains. White America had its chances to address this.

I saw the "fine" print and knew it was about Kap.

And then checked the link/article to confirm the content.

I did the fact checking.

Nonetheless when you post about White American disagreeing with protests this week you created a false impression.

Whether you intentionally tried to mislead the forum is known only to you.

I just called you out for misleading and less than above board posting.

And my point remains, try and do better if you can.

This ain’t that day, Banks.

If you saw the link and clicked on and saw the illustrations and you were still “misled” than that’s on you.

You calling me out is just what you do when the subject gets racial.

No it isn't the day.

This is not an argument you need to bullshit the facts about.

But you did bullshit with a misleading post that was about 2016 and not the events of this week as you portrayed

You tried to create a false narrative that did not need to be created.

I called you out because you're a man I respect  even if I don't agree with all the time and I thought what you did was kind of bullshit.

Race had nothing to do with it.

It was about ethics.

And you can accept it or not.

and if you try to bullshit me, I'll bust your balls as I would any other poster.

But the race card should not be played.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #35977 on: June 01, 2020, 04:11:27 PM »

President Obama: If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon.

kiidcarter8:  The President is playing the race card and sowing racial division!

"president" Trump: These guys are THUGS!  When the looting starts the shooting starts!  We'll sick vicious dogs on them!  You have to DOMINATE them or they make you look weak!

kiidcarter8: Why are you deaf to the words of peace and understanding coming from our dear leader?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 04:16:36 PM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #35978 on: June 01, 2020, 04:11:34 PM »

As we talked about ad nauseum last year, monuments to people who took up arms against the United States don't hold a great deal of importance to me.   
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #35979 on: June 01, 2020, 04:15:23 PM »

“The poll, released this week, showed that white Americans of all ages disapprove of the protests by a margin of 63 percent to 30 percent. Hispanic Americans disapprove of the protests by a smaller margin, 45 percent to 36 percent.

However, black Americans of all ages approve of the protests 74 percent to 17 percent.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/white-americans-disapprove-national-anthem-protests-poll-finds

Knicks given the time(s) do you not think your post is a little misleading and could be misunderstood?

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

So it was not from "this week: and not presumably about the George Floyd killing and related protests,  was it?

"You" don't have to bullshit to win arguments. In fact, its generally a prescription for losing them.

Do better.

You could have read the article the quote was pulled from, but that would have required a bit of effort.

Do better.

I did the fact checking.

Nonetheless when you post about White American disagreeing with protests this week you created a false impression.

If you saw the link and clicked on and saw the illustrations and you were still “misled” than that’s on you.

No it isn't the day.

But you did bullshit with a misleading post that was about 2016 and not the events of this week as you portrayed

I called you out because you're a man I respect  even if I don't agree with all the time and I thought what you did was kind of bullshit.

It was about ethics.

and if you try to bullshit me, I'll bust your balls as I would any other poster.

I thought the intent was really clear.  America had their chance to address the problems Kaepernick and others were peacefully protesting, but instead called them Anti-America, Anti-Troops, and elected Donald Trump, who promptly erased the police reforms put in place after the high profile deaths of Black Americans at the hands of the police.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35980 on: June 01, 2020, 04:19:55 PM »

I did the fact checking.

The murders of Michael Brown, Freddy Gray, and George Floyd, Breanna Taylor, and so many others should not be viewed as discrete unconnected incidents. The movement against the constant menace of police violence toward black people should also be viewed as something with continuity. So, while opinions may have changed in the wake of this latest cascade of police driven catastrophes, polling about public stance on BLM from back when Kap still had a uniform to take a knee in though dated, is still relevant, if only because it informed people’s understanding of how they would be received when they hit the streets.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35981 on: June 01, 2020, 04:22:47 PM »

Lee was  top level US military.  He struggled with the decision and in the end chose not to fight vs his own state.

If he had his druthers Virginia would have been part of the Union and he'd have  proudly led that group.

General Robert E Lee is to this day a great American.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35982 on: June 01, 2020, 04:25:35 PM »

Come on.

That was from 2016...

Y’all had your chances

Do better.

Do better.

I did the fact checking.

No it isn't the day.

It was about ethics.

Race card, Banks?

Oh come the fuck on.

I put up a piece and succinctly said America HAD its chances.

You’re really shoveling the shit now. Just stop.
You’re not busting my balls you’re being an ass.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35983 on: June 01, 2020, 04:26:14 PM »

Pray for Minneapolis

Pray for DC

Pray for America

Nigga please.

The parish house next to the historic church,  BTW.   Get your facts straight, KCart. 
Not nearly as upset about that,  as about what people are doing to other people,  like cops beating up a woman who was just bringing soothing milk to the teargassed,  or some redneck shooting a protestor in downtown Omaha,  killing him.   Or a cop crushing down on a man's neck until he's dead.   FUCK THE MONUMENTS.

One of my favorite places in DC is St. John’s the church folks are talking about.

One of my best memories was doing a tour with a group of folks from Texas. We were at H and 16th and I’m doing my Lafayette Park when MPD closed down the streets and I joked the motorcade must be coming but sure enough it was Pres. Bush coming for service.

We stand there and when the Bushes got out I yelled, Hey! Mr. President! We’re fromTexas!”

He turnis, waves and hollered “well come on over TexaS!”

So yeah. I met George Bush and it was a fucking thrill.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 04:33:57 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #35984 on: June 01, 2020, 04:26:23 PM »

Lee took up arms against the United States.  His struggle with the decision is irrelevant to me.

And his skills as a military strategist were vastly overrated.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 2397 2398 [2399] 2400 2401 ... 4288