Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 570

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 120480 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #4560 on: July 06, 2023, 11:11:27 AM »

Saw that, thanks, LB.  Weirdly, El Nino sometimes gives the Black Hills a cool summer.  We have had the past week with highs ten to twenty degrees below normal.   Mid sixties. (which always means it's baking hot somewhere else)  Today is the first day we will get over 70 in a while.  Opened windows to store up some cool in the house overnight and it was 63 on the first floor when we came down for breakfast.  Climate change doesn't just make everything warmer, it can make temp differences between adjacent regions more extreme.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: July 06, 2023, 01:25:37 PM »

Do you think they should ask a fascist paste eating traitor like yourself to help explain it?

I am sure you can make something up that having no basis in law will sound convincing to an idiot like you.

It would have been a big help to George or Donald neither of whom had any business being in government. Save your advice for the sinking state of Florida or the burning state of Texas where at least you cannot make matters much worse.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: July 06, 2023, 01:47:07 PM »

The primary legal battle in Biden v. Nebraska was not about student loan debt, but rather the authority of the executive branch to use vague wording in laws to enact sweeping reforms without the need for congressional action.

Apprently neither the despot in the White House nor his leftist media darlings just dont understand how our government works.
I could debate the person whose language you stole about the difference between "vague wording" and "a result you politically oppose", or the interesting decision to find a major question doctrine in the penumbra of legislative power which allows it to rewrite the plain wording of a statute, or how intervening in a political dispute between the legislative and executive branches exists side by side with the claim that conservative jurisprudence is not acttivist. But I see no reason to argue it with a thief.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: July 06, 2023, 03:13:31 PM »

The primary legal battle in Biden v. Nebraska was not about student loan debt, but rather the authority of the executive branch to use vague wording in laws to enact sweeping reforms without the need for congressional action.

Apprently neither the despot in the White House nor his leftist media darlings just dont understand how our government works.
I could debate the person whose language you stole about the difference between "vague wording" and "a result you politically oppose", or the interesting decision to find a major question doctrine in the penumbra of legislative power which allows it to rewrite the plain wording of a statute, or how intervening in a political dispute between the legislative and executive branches exists side by side with the claim that conservative jurisprudence is not acttivist. But I see no reason to argue it with a thief.
I understand your reluctance to discuss the facts of the case, especially in light of  a 6-3 decision that destroyed your arguments.
Maybe you should invite Nancy to lunch so she could explain it to you.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: July 06, 2023, 03:26:41 PM »

I understand your reluctance to discuss the facts of the case, especially in light of  a 6-3 decision that destroyed your arguments.
The only thing the Supreme Court decision destroyed was the myths that Conservative justices are not activists and are strict constructionists. But smart people already knew that.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: July 06, 2023, 03:36:53 PM »

On the issue of France, I need to do a DNA test, but my Grandmother told me that my ancestors came to the USA from France to escape from the French Revolution and to save their heads from the guillotine, I guess I have the Bourbon Capetian royal family in my family tree.

France needs to bring in Crowd Control experts from Disneyland in Paris to teach the French how to set up barricades and how to do Crowd Control. The Crowd Control experts at the Theme Parks can teach the people of France how to do Crowd Control. They can run France like a giant Theme Park.

On the issue of fresh new immigrants who could benefit France, France can invite the Roman Catholics from Latin America to migrate to France and to join the French Foreign Legion, etc. 

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: July 06, 2023, 03:59:41 PM »

We all have skeletons in our closets, Tony. I will not hold it against you.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: July 06, 2023, 05:36:25 PM »

The Supreme Court is everything conservatives decried over the decades, activist judges legislating from the bench.

You are cheering for politicians in black robes.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: July 06, 2023, 09:15:35 PM »

As people move to the desert to live, and as the temperatures rise, then people can learn from Las Vegas, in Vegas they run on a 24 hour schedule, all of the businesses are open 24 hours per day, and so the people can sleep at home with the air conditioner cooling their home during the heat of the day, and then they can work and shop, etc, during the cool of the night. Also, Vegas has swimming pools.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: July 06, 2023, 09:50:36 PM »

Not true Tony. Vegas is a big place. Some of it is open around the clock, more is 9 to 5 like everywhere else.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: July 06, 2023, 11:06:57 PM »

When Elvis Presley would stay in Las Vegas then he used to put aluminum foil on the windows of his hotel room so that he could sleep with the air conditioner on during the heat of the day, and then perform during the cool of the night. They could tell which room Elvis was in because of the aluminum foil on the windows.

I think Palm Springs in California has some businesses that are open 24 hours per day as well, so that people can sleep during the heat of the day with the air conditioner cooling their home while they sleep, and then they can work and shop at night, etc. Plus they have swimming pools.

Right now lots of people are moving to Arizona and to New Mexico, and they could benefit from having a 24 hour schedule in the heat of the summer, etc. And in Mexico they sleep during the heat of the day and they work when it is cool, they take a siesta in the heat of the day.

I was born and raised in the desert of California, in Lancaster, and the secret is to drink lots of water, you need to stay hydrated. I never had a problem from the heat. But the desert nights were fantastic, I loved the nights in the desert, we used to party all night, back when it was all cool people from the Space Shuttle program, etc. The desert was like a resort when I was young. I loved the desert as I was growing up. And my first car was a VW Baja Bug, it was great, I used to do 100 mph across the desert.

That is my advice for people moving from New York and from New Jersey, etc, to the desert in Arizona and in New Mexico, and Nevada, etc, is to try to work at night, and sleep during the day with the air conditioner running. And be sure to have a swimming pool.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 01:47:16 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: July 07, 2023, 01:21:55 AM »

There are lots of empty houses for the homeless people, and for the refugees...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brendarichardson/2022/03/07/16-million-homes-lie-empty-and-these-states-are-the-vacancy-hot-spots/

HUD needs to do a new program to get the homeless people into the empty houses.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: July 07, 2023, 08:54:39 AM »

Meanwhile, back in the real world, property owners remain uninterested in renting out their vacant properties to the homeless - because those properties are usually vacant due to being vacation homes or being houses they're waiting to sell. 

Try reading, and comprehending, the whole article before posting. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: July 07, 2023, 10:38:27 AM »

Meanwhile, back in the real world, property owners remain uninterested in renting out their vacant properties to the homeless - because those properties are usually vacant due to being vacation homes or being houses they're waiting to sell. 

Try reading, and comprehending, the whole article before posting.
What whole article?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: July 07, 2023, 01:04:32 PM »

Reading is fundamental but impossible if you are a fox fundy with tertiary Syphilis like Red.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 570