Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119276 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #750 on: August 05, 2022, 05:51:26 PM »

I think the monkeypox post belongs here, by the way
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 05, 2022, 05:53:29 PM »

It says a lot that one of Orban's top aides resigned over the mixed race commentary, and saying his  One of Orb
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 05, 2022, 06:01:17 PM »

I think the monkeypox post belongs here, by the way

I think how the Biden administration handles it is very much appropriate to that forum.

I also think given your lack of care in reading the CDC link about it and your salacious commentary, that I don't give a fuck about your opinion, just now.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 05, 2022, 06:16:52 PM »

I read it lonnnng before you posted it

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 05, 2022, 06:26:26 PM »

According to the Chicago Department of Public Health, the virus  has primarily spread through close knit social networks of gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM), but that anyone can get infected.

Wouldnt worry to much about those kids, though of course put the daycare worker on leave and disinfect the facility.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 05, 2022, 06:57:40 PM »

I read it lonnnng before you posted it

And yet failed utterly to understand it, evidently.

And still asked a stupidly salacious question.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 05, 2022, 06:58:26 PM »

According to the Chicago Department of Public Health, the virus  has primarily spread through close knit social networks of gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM), but that anyone can get infected.

Wouldnt worry to much about those kids, though of course put the daycare worker on leave and disinfect the facility.

Still ignoring what it said.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 05, 2022, 09:40:02 PM »

Its OK - the press is ignoring the facts on the disease as well.  Maybe worry some on that.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 05, 2022, 09:42:12 PM »

Its OK - the press is ignoring the facts on the disease as well.  Maybe worry some on that.

Like you are?

How would you know?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 06, 2022, 10:36:49 AM »

American Academy of Pediatrics push for puberty blockers in transgender kids is
unethical

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6310524108112#sp=show-clips

Holly Martins

« Reply #760 on: August 06, 2022, 10:53:52 AM »

I don't click Faux.  Don't want the cookies or bots.  Is there a text summary of this opinion?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 06, 2022, 11:01:33 AM »

no

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 06, 2022, 11:46:57 AM »

I don't click Faux.  Don't want the cookies or bots.  Is there a text summary of this opinion?

Dr. Janette Nesheiwat is a self-described "Medical News Expert."

She also says she is "a top Family and Emergency Medicine doctor."

On a prior occasion, she said "Obamacare was built on a faulty foundation" in one of her Fox News appearances and explained why the GOP health plan was getting a ton of pushback.

Oddly enough, on her personal and professional bio pages and on her Fox News bio page, it neglects to mention that her MD comes from the Central University of The Caribbean / School of Medicine.

Huh.

So... I'm glad she runs urgent cares - they are important. I don't care that her reviews as a doctor rate her a 3 out of 5 - one never knows if the 5s are her friends and family or her 1s are political, not medical.

But she is less than upfront about who she is and that makes me take her and her opinions with a grain of salt and to double-check them when we agree on something.

Holly Martins

« Reply #763 on: August 06, 2022, 12:27:20 PM »

no

And evidently you are hampered in using words to tell us your own thoughts on this.

There seems to be some clinical evidence that puberty blockers allow some time for gender dysphorics to work through therapy, and lead to better decisions on gender affirmation or reassignment when the blockers are withdrawn.   Reductions in height and bone strength are temporary, and reversed when puberty is allowed to resume.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 06, 2022, 01:11:39 PM »

If Kid knew in his heart if he were really a boy or a girl, this issue would trouble him less and he would have more room in his tiny soul for nuance.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 566