Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1638215 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #17596 on: July 30, 2019, 10:02:25 PM »

WHO IS SCHERIE MURRAY? JAMAICAN IMMIGRANT REPUBLICAN WANTS TO TAKE ON ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ IN 2020

"But your representative in Washington chooses self-promotion over service, conflict over constituents, resistance over assistance," Murray adds.
So he opposes Trump? Groovy.

Haha!   It's like that alien machine in Forbidden Planet.  Something takes the dark Id of the Republican mind and turns its contents into a real life monster.

Speaking of the Krell...

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2018/11/08/trump-and-americas-xenophobic-soul/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17597 on: July 30, 2019, 11:18:34 PM »

Eliminating FOUR candidates who debated tonight   And adding Tom Perez. So seven move forward

Saying goodbye to

Ms Warren
Ms Williamson
Mr Budigiegg
Mr Hickenlooper

Thanks for your efforts
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #17598 on: July 30, 2019, 11:30:10 PM »

Good stuff, Larry.  I hope people will be mining Forbidden Planet for good metaphors for years to come. 

I hadn't paid that much attention to Buttigieg til tonight.   Wow.  He is somehow both dynamic and calm at once, with a kind of charisma that plays well in the midwest, or maybe everywhere.  Intelligent but not wonkish.   He has a way of sounding sensible and authoritative that shouldn't beguile anyone so much that they forget to factcheck.

Bernie still has his political warrior dynamism and big vision, and it was good to see him firing up the crowd.   And I could say much the same for Warren, though as much as I like her I worry that her intense earnestness may be a trait that people either really like or really find irritating.   

Have to watch tomorrow's crew before conjuring any sort of ticket, but after tonight I can imagine a Mayors of Tough Towns ticket (Booker, Buttigieg) or a Dynamic Senate Wonk ticket (Warren, Sanders) or a Pragmatic Irish Centrists ticket (Ryan, Delaney). 

Marianne comes across as a loon.  What she says about American politics could contain much truth, but she's a pretentious nut. 

Beto seems harmless and a bit stressed when called upon to speak.  I think he'd make a fine city councilman in El Paso.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17599 on: July 30, 2019, 11:30:32 PM »

Eliminating FOUR candidates who debated tonight   And adding Tom Perez. So seven move forward

Saying goodbye to

Ms Warren
Ms Williamson
Mr Budigiegg
Mr Hickenlooper

Thanks for your efforts

Good to know who scares you, you whiskey dicked saboteur.

Mayor Pete was very good calling out the eunuchs in the republican caucus and showing how the GOP has renounced God for the Antichrist.

Bullock, Bennet, Ryan, and Delaney are all done.

It’s shaping up to be a good primary.   
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17600 on: July 30, 2019, 11:37:11 PM »

Williamson kicked ass. She just is not electable

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17601 on: July 30, 2019, 11:40:49 PM »

Moved up the most tonight

1. Ryan
2. Sanders
3. Bullock
4. Orourke
5. Delaney

barton

« Reply #17602 on: July 30, 2019, 11:58:37 PM »

Agree Sanders and Bullock both did okay.   Delaney showed some poise and ability to craft ideas that may appeal to Independents and moderates.

Beto is the Emperor of Dullsville.

Your dismissal of Mayor Pete is incomprehensible.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17603 on: July 30, 2019, 11:59:43 PM »

Moved up the most tonight

1. Ryan
2. Sanders
3. Bullock
4. Orourke
5. Delaney

Ryan, if he moved up, moved from 0.0001% chance of going anywhere to 0.001% chance, but I doubt it was that much.

Four of the five you gave have no reason to run other than for their post-election prospects.

Sanders is the fifth.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17604 on: July 31, 2019, 12:06:04 AM »

Agree Sanders and Bullock both did okay.   Delaney showed some poise and ability to craft ideas that may appeal to Independents and moderates.

Beto is the Emperor of Dullsville.

Your dismissal of Mayor Pete is incomprehensible.

Pete’s not electable

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #17605 on: July 31, 2019, 12:08:28 AM »

Nancy Pelosi <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Jul 30 at 12:05 PM

---I reached out Sunday.
I reached out yesterday, twice.
Now, I’m coming to you for $1 before the End of Month Deadline to defend my Majority from Trump’s despicable attacks.
 ever since Trump took office, he’s been on a mission to move our country backwards.

Trump has:
- worked to SLASH our health care to fund his billionaire-first tax scam
- INSULTED vulnerable communities with despicable attacks
- and BLOCKED all the progress our Majority has made

I REFUSE to let this go on for another second.

Our Democratic presidential candidates are taking the stage TONIGHT to counter Trump’s horrific agenda -- and it’s so important that we stand with them.

I know our next president MUST have a fortified Majority to keep our progressive agenda moving forward.

That’s why I’m coming to you. Can I count on your $1 to defeat Trump and protect our Democratic Majority before the deadline hits in 24 hours?

It’s so important to me that we reach our goal, I’ll personally triple-match every gift until midnight tomorrow.---

Nancee, Nancee once again I am not interested in bringing home  gang bangers, anchor babies and their extensive clan, minority ladies who come from abusive societies and want to roast and eat white males, and cheap nannies. Puhleeze! Put me down with vets, unionists, and patriots. FDR is rolling in his grave.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 03:35:48 AM by luee »
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17606 on: July 31, 2019, 12:19:19 AM »

You are putting yourself down with strike breakers, profiteers, and insurrectionists.

If FDR rolled any in his grave, it would only be to smack some sense into you.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #17608 on: July 31, 2019, 03:23:15 AM »

the 64 dollar question;

Would President Pelosi ilk tell NK it would be turned into ash if it fired missiles at USA or any of its allies?  [US allies should all get nukes to save America  the trouble].

Go woke, go broke.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #17609 on: July 31, 2019, 04:24:06 AM »

A federal judge in New York on Tuesday dismissed a lawsuit from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) alleging that the Trump campaign, WikiLeaks and the Russian government had conspired to interfere in the 2016 election.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/455404-judge-dismisses-dnc-lawsuit-against-trump-campaign-russia-over

The witch hunt is over? HRC must be beside herself.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 4288