Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1663096 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1770 on: September 01, 2018, 04:50:34 PM »

Absolutely necessary to achieve what he has set out to do - yes.

Make the world safer for Russia?

If you say so.

National debt is not the end of the world.

Except when there is a Democratic Party president. Then it spells doom for the country.

Nope

Not then either.  Yeah, I know - there is bluster for election purposes.

I do look forward to seeing what happens with it if DT does stay eight years - if he could put a dent in it.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: September 01, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »

Re:  DeSantis

The guy obviously made a big mistake - whether or not he has ever used the term "monkeyed up" before.

Howard Dean moment, in spades (ooooops....sorry)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: September 01, 2018, 05:10:06 PM »

Make the world safer for Russia?

If you say so.

Except when there is a Democratic Party president. Then it spells doom for the country.

Nope

Not then either.  Yeah, I know - there is bluster for election purposes.

I do look forward to seeing what happens with it if DT does stay eight years - if he could put a dent in it.

I am certain he could.

Or, I guess we call those bulges when they make the thing more protuberant.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: September 01, 2018, 06:07:44 PM »

If trump stays eight years, our money will be worth less than what they print in Venezuela.

If trump stays four years, the economic hole he digs will already be hell to get out of.

Our best bet is if he’s gone in under three, which is what he seems to want and is working toward.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: September 01, 2018, 06:17:55 PM »

This is a good portrait of three republican leaders, one retired, one deceased, and one failing to live up to any of the party’s standards,

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/09/george-w-bushs-eulogy-john-mccain-funeral/569089/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 06:19:49 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: September 01, 2018, 07:06:05 PM »

This likely rises closer to the standards necessary for folks to see impeachment as a rational way to go (prior posted poll notwithstanding).

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/new-yorks-attorney-general-says-trump-foundation-bankrolled-political-campaign-pursues-lawsuit
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1776 on: September 01, 2018, 08:40:15 PM »

Trump's embrace of the Far Right fascist regime in Jerusalem made his rejection of UNRWA inevitable.  Trump,  Netanyahu, Duterte,  Assad,  Putin...all joined now in the fear-monger fascist circle jerk.   

Yes,  I've become less centrist in the past year.

Achtung, y’all!

I have not been joking with the above phrase...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1777 on: September 01, 2018, 08:41:03 PM »

I posted this when it came out:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/us-is-denying-passports-to-americans-along-the-border-throwing-their-citizenship-into-question/2018/08/29/1d630e84-a0da-11e8-a3dd-2a1991f075d5_story.html

The US is denying passports to American citizens along the border.

https://www.ushmm.org/learn/timeline-of-events/1933-1938/reich-ministry-of-the-interior-invalidates-all-german-passports-held-by-jew

German Jews’ Passports Declared Invalid

We're not quite that far down the pike yet, but we are a ton closer than the feckless GOP members wish to admit.

Achtung, y’all!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1778 on: September 01, 2018, 08:50:22 PM »

So Trump gives huge tax cuts to corporations, then turns around and claims there's no money for scheduled federal worker raises.

I never understand why the Dems can't make the GOP's pro-wealthy and pro-corporation/anti-worker agenda clear and capitalize on it.

It's the same old GOP playbook, the Dems never effectively counter.

Because the GOP doesn’t give a good goddamn about facts or truth and they don’t give a shit about media fact checkers because it is all ‘Fake News’ so their message is “You deserve everything you get and if you don’t have what you want it’s because of inner city moochers and takers.”

A simple message boiled down to it’s lowest level... hate and fear.

It is hard to come up with a good concise message when the problem is complicated and massive.

There is no need for an overarching message, this fight must be won at the dog catcher level.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1779 on: September 01, 2018, 08:53:08 PM »

A candidate who runs on higher taxes can expect to lose in the US. A matter of fact. Republicans have been pushing the immoral lower taxes plank from since the trickle down was conceived by Milton Friedman. Even after the disastrous Bush economies went down in flames.

Because the masses fall for their economic bullshit because they scare folks like you with brown skinned bogey men.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1780 on: September 01, 2018, 09:03:11 PM »

Higher corporate taxes used to fund education and jobs training and child care, or single payer health care for all.  That can be a winning argument.  And how many are against raising the top earner tax rate a few %, which only affects the rich? 

But need to do the groundwork, especially building up anger that some companies make billion dollar profits and pay zero in tax.
The tax burden has shifted the past half century form corps to workers.
My simple proposal is a minimum corporate tax of 15%
That companies cannot pay below that on profits.
It seems a basic fairness issue, hits big business, limits tricky accounting, and would bring in much money.
I'd be very interested in estimates of how much that would raise.

Corporate interests and Uber wealthy have worked on this outcome since before Goldwater. They fund the think tanks that have changed the American psyche from “we’re all in this together” to “what’s in it for me?”

Trump is the culmination of decades of prep work buying politicians and legislators to pass legislation transferring wealth ever upward. Their GOP takes huge bites out of the national economy whenever they are in power.

This time however they have gone too far by letting Trump seize control of their party and hopefully folks will overwhelm all the electoral shenanigans the GOP is gonna pull and put his ass in check.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1781 on: September 01, 2018, 09:10:54 PM »

Not what the GOP said last May...

https://www.gop.com/america-cant-afford-obamas-legacy-of-a-skyrocketing-national-debt/

Read the last sentence below and think back to why the US credit rating was downgraded...

Under President Obama, the U.S. experienced the most rapid increase in the debt and largest total deficit increase under any President, nearly doubling our national debt to approximately $20 trillion and adding $7.3 trillion to the deficit.

This came after President Obama pledged to cut the deficit in half and control the debt, because he believed our economy would suffer and the U.S. could fall into recession again.

President Obama's fiscal policies were a factor in the downgrade of the U.S. credit rating for the time in 1941, which dealt an "unprecedented blow" to the economy.

Lyndon Johnson

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 01, 2018, 10:39:37 PM »

Obama made promises?

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: September 02, 2018, 12:59:42 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/30/opinion/race-politics-whiteness.html?action=click&module=Trending&pgtype=Article&region=Footer&contentCollection=Trending

The religion of Whiteness has become a suicide cult.

Skewers Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, and FDR, among others.

The Christian West not majority/run by White people?

Then there will be Asia, Africa, Middle East, China, India, Muslim world … etc.

Nowhere I, a man of "White European appearance", would like to live.

Christian West run by ayatollahs?
Oh dear...it will be no more.
Sad really.
Luckily, I won't be around then.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 01:03:08 AM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 02, 2018, 01:10:17 AM »

No more Christian West?
Oh no.

I liked its modern culture etc...evolved over time.
Oh well, as Ned Kelly said standing at the gallows; "Such is life".

So, when the Christian West is no more and White people are a minority, what will happen to me?
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 4288