Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119489 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6840 on: December 15, 2023, 07:12:56 PM »

What is your solution?  Other than using nuclear weapons?

Three hands went up in the room after the first question.  Then were lowered after the second.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: December 15, 2023, 07:45:27 PM »

What is your solution?  Other than using nuclear weapons?

I'm looking for people who know more about it all than I do to state what the solution is.
You have one?
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: December 15, 2023, 07:56:13 PM »

A good many of the two-state solutions have been designed by folks with Harvard degrees.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: December 15, 2023, 10:56:49 PM »

Christina Pascucci

Re: the Biden administration in Israel this week - We must fight for humanity and prioritize protecting the innocent. What does that look like?

1. Bring all hostages home now.
2. America must do everything in its power to ensure those in Gaza have somewhere safe to go. We must collaborate with Arab nations on this immediately.
3. Everything possible must be done to protect innocent civilians and children.
4. Ensure that the new aid entering Gaza reaches those in need.
5. Destroy Hamas.

I was in Israel in late October when Hamas was firing rockets, and four were detonated above our heads. This continues. Hamas has proudly declared they will not stop until Jews are wiped off the Earth.

As Israel fights back, they must realize the hellish situation and desperation in Gaza created by this war will create further radicalization and extremism. That is one reason why their strategy in defeating Hamas is so critical.

Ultimately, we all want a path to peace. Palestinian and Israeli women marched for peace together in the days before the war. That spirit can lead the way, but first, the terrorists of Hamas must be defeated, the hostages released, and the civilian suffering ended.

=======

Kiwanis International is global, with operations in Egypt, and Kiwanis has a refugee Village in Victoria, Canada, Kiwanis can help.

Also the Muslim refugees can be essential workers in Abu Dhabi and in Dubai, etc.

And Pope Francis will help however he can, Pope Francis is a wonderful Pope.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: December 16, 2023, 12:12:17 AM »

If we support Kiwanis International to help the refugees, then we know the money will not go to terrorists. Kiwanis is legitimate.

Also, Catholic Charities are legitimate.

And UNICEF is legitimate.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: December 16, 2023, 12:10:49 PM »

Bill Maher on the segregated Christmas Party by Boston Mayor
Michelle Wu.
When you read the Mayor s comments on this and some of the other people who were for the segregated party, it is very through the looking glass.
We are still breaking barriers by making them?
We want to be a city where our identity is embraced.
My intention is that we can be a city that creates space for all kinds of communities to come together.
By saying some don't come.?
I do not get it .
It is hardly a coincidence Wu is a Harvard graduate and now we have looked underneath that rock.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: December 16, 2023, 01:22:19 PM »

Funny how we never hear Maher denouncing men's groups, women's groups, girls night out, poker night, prayer circles, ethnic caucuses and political groups, and literally hundreds of other social gatherings that are set up for a particular gender, ethnic, religious, or lifestyle group.  He should get on that.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: December 16, 2023, 02:34:48 PM »

Funny how we never hear Maher denouncing men's groups, women's groups, girls night out, poker night, prayer circles, ethnic caucuses and political groups, and literally hundreds of other social gatherings that are set up for a particular gender, ethnic, religious, or lifestyle group.  He should get on that.
Except of course none of which represent elected officials of government bodies.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: December 16, 2023, 04:32:49 PM »

Ah yes, voluntary segregation.
All good, if that's what people want...I do like everyone to be happy.

But then don't complain if a mayor in America holds a big "Christmas party for White heterosexual Christian Males only".
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: December 16, 2023, 05:05:43 PM »

Ah yes, voluntary segregation.
All good, if that's what people want...I do like everyone to be happy.

But then don't complain if a mayor in America holds a big "Christmas party for White heterosexual Christian Males only".

It is called a republican coke orgy. It is a regular weekly event in conservative circles
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: December 16, 2023, 05:57:39 PM »

Except of course none of which represent elected officials of government bodies.

I believe members of the black caucus have had other gatherings, which is why I included ethnic caucus on my list.  Do you object to all Christmas parties in which members of a caucus gather? 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: December 16, 2023, 06:20:21 PM »

I believe members of the black caucus have had other gatherings, which is why I included ethnic caucus on my list.  Do you object to all Christmas parties in which members of a caucus gather?
Take a timeout.  Breathe. Think.
Who  are the members of a black caucus?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: December 16, 2023, 06:42:04 PM »

Workplace Christmas parties...now there's a recipe for trouble if ever there was one.

After my 'lemon-squash' drinks were spiked by the macho-men group of my workplace, all White men, on a harbour cruise for staff and 'plus one's, I did what I wanted to do all along but didn't do in the name of 'team' and 'being sociable'...gave workplace Christmas parties a big miss forevermore.

I said nothing in the workplace the next day, but mrs bambu went off like a Saturn rocket at the boss [by phone]...named names, and complained bitterly.

I then crossed "Workplace Christmas parties" off my list, no matter the consequences.
"I'd love to attend the Christmas party, but my mother is very sick and I have to visit her.""My family is having its Christmas dinner that day, some leaving for overseas next day".
Any excuse, never went to another one anywhere.

Spike my drinks, I could kill someone, be killed, be maimed for life, have an accident and lose my licence, and be sued by the other driver, I having no insurance
because I was a drunk driver.
When the cops stop me for a sobriety test, and put the little device in front of my mouth for me to talk into, I like it to read "ZERO".

Cops stopped me the other day, on my way to the mall, red and blue lights flashing ahead, at their RBT [random breath testing] site they'd set up.
You have to pull over if the STOP POLICE sign is waved at you.
In a line the motorists are tested one by one.

"Good afternoon, driver...have you had anything to drink today"? says the nice policeman/woman.

"Please count to ten", into the meter.

"Thank you, you may leave when the other cars depart."

All very civilised. All very polite.
You have to pull over, you have to do the test, or else.
Or else they place you under arrest, charge you with high range drink driving and you lose your licence.

There's none of that "what crime have I committed" stuff that goes on in America...30 minute arguments roadside with motorists trying to get them to do sobriety tests,
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 06:50:10 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: December 16, 2023, 08:30:05 PM »

Breathe.  Think.  Who are the members of a women's caucus?  Who are the members of a LGBTQ caucus?  A Muslim caucus?  A caucus can be defined by any group that chooses to come together for special political goals affirmed by that group.  Astonishingly, Blacks are one of those groups. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: December 16, 2023, 10:50:00 PM »

Breathe.  Think.  Who are the members of a women's caucus?  Who are the members of a LGBTQ caucus?  A Muslim caucus?  A caucus can be defined by any group that chooses to come together for special political goals affirmed by that group.  Astonishingly, Blacks are one of those groups.

Astonishingly !

Now there is an adverb no one would associate with anything  you said.
And never will.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 10:52:34 PM by Espnthree »
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 567