Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 940641 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Corn Hull Speaks
« Reply #13170 on: September 02, 2020, 12:43:15 PM »

Gratified to know that you are not voting for the Jerome James of progressives, Jill Stein, this time out. 

Last time I bit the bullet and voted for that dem bitch who spent the campaign in the Hamptons.

My sig other is begging me NOT to vote for Joe this time. Sez whenever I vote Dem it's a guaranteed L.

It was Porter's boards that impressed the hell out of me. He's a ball magnet. I like him.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: Trumpster Fire
« Reply #13171 on: September 02, 2020, 12:44:49 PM »

Folks who looked at Hillary and said 'F'that I don't need another neolib warmonger," and they were right. D man hasn't started a war. He's bringing the boys and girls home from Syria and Afghanistan. Bout f'n time.

BRILLIANT. 

Brought the troops back home. 

AND FOMENTED WAR IN OUR FUCKING STREETS.

WHILE GUTTING NATO.   

PS: And Stein was presenting her peace plan and foreign policy creds to Putin.

I'm not saying I like the guy. I'm saying why some like the guy. Some shit about him is real. Ain't nothing real about Joe. Hope I don't have to say I told you so.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13172 on: September 02, 2020, 12:56:58 PM »

NBA Comparison: Domantas Sabonis
Strengths: 6’9.5 left-handed, versatile big man … Good size and length with a 7’0 wingspan … Good strength and build, weighing 263 pounds yet very mobile and well-coordinated … Possesses excellent body control … Versatile skillset … Can score inside and out … Effective offensive game when facing up and in the post with good footwork … Has an effective spin move … Good touch in the paint and uses glass efficiently … Scores in a multitude of ways with floaters and jump hooks … Good combination of power and finesse … Reliable, soft hands … Solid ballhandling ability for his size. Can put it on the floor and drive to the basket … Good jab step … Effective in isolation … Shoots from outside with good form and ball rotation … Averaged 17.4 points per game while shooting 54.3% FG% over the Nike EYBL in 2017 and 17.8 points per game while shooting 55.7% FG% in 2018 … Good court vision and passing ability … Makes accurate cross court passes … Solid athletically … Gets good elevation in the paint and finishes with powerful dunks … Solid shot blocker and versatile tools as a defender … Averaged 1.1 blocks per game over the Nike EYBL in 2017 … Draws fouls at a good rate. Shot 6.4 free throws per game over the Nike EYBL in 2018 … Natural talent with great potential. Can naturally do a little bit of everything, won’t have to completely add new dimensions to his game but can improve upon his weaknesses

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13173 on: September 02, 2020, 01:15:17 PM »

I'm mostly looking at the mock drafts to get a feel for who is rising, who is falling.
For the past few weeks, Ty Haliburton has gotten a lot of praise and moved up draft boards, despite kiid promising us he's not a Top 7 guy.  But who knows, maybe his stock will peak too early. But at this point he is likely be gone by 8.

Killian Hayes has seen an increase in boosters.  Though not everyone is sold.

Wiseman's position has stabilized.  There used to be some concern he could be a Whiteside, but now it seems folks feel he's more of an Ayton.  (My comps -- I haven't seen anyone use those, or any comps really).

Vassell moved up and then plateaued around 8-11.

Since NYK are picking 8th, I'm mainly rooting for Bigs such as Wiseman and Toppin to go in the first 7, to bump talent down our way.  It's not really a Big Man's game anymore, and we have the promise of Mitch.

Okongwu really impressed me, but he looks to go in the 5-7 range.
I like Vassell a lot too.  Avidja sounds good, but will likely go Top 7.  He had buzz a month back, but has fallen into neutral or dropping slightly.
I'll be happy if we have a choice of TyHa, Vassal, Killian.
And will be interesting to see if there will be any late risers.

The year we drafted Knox, I loved that we had a choice of 4 Wings -- Bridges x2, Knox and Porter Jr.  But Shai G-A was a late riser and had good buzz the last couple pre-draft weeks.  Thus far, Knox was the worst of the 5 choices.

Similarly, I was pleased we had a choice of Franc or Smith Jr. -- and now we have both and nether looks like a starter.

Moral of the story: you still have to make the right choice given the players on the board.  And don't worry about consensus, reach a little lower to get the player you want if there's a guy you feel is right.

For instance, after Franc and Jr. Smith went 8-9, the next 5 picks were:
10  Zach Collins
11. Malik Monk
12. Luke Kennard
13. Donovan Mitchell
14. Bam Adebayo

I'm not a Monk fan, and Canard is still just a decent prospect who could go either way, but Zach is quite good if he can stay in one piece, while Spider and Bam Bam are all-stars.
(also John Collins went 19 & OG 23)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 01:42:35 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Trumpster Fire
« Reply #13174 on: September 02, 2020, 01:25:52 PM »

Folks who looked at Hillary and said 'F'that I don't need another neolib warmonger," and they were right. D man hasn't started a war. He's bringing the boys and girls home from Syria and Afghanistan. Bout f'n time.

BRILLIANT. 

Brought the troops back home. 

AND FOMENTED WAR IN OUR FUCKING STREETS.

WHILE GUTTING NATO.   

PS: And Stein was presenting her peace plan and foreign policy creds to Putin.

I'm not saying I like the guy. I'm saying why some like the guy. Some shit about him is real. Ain't nothing real about Joe. Hope I don't have to say I told you so.

Well, then, thanks for clearing THAT up. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13175 on: September 02, 2020, 01:43:29 PM »

Les no one is blaming the progressives, but if all those who didn't like Hillary (and the list is long) and who otherwise would have voted "D" in '16 and sat it out, decide that Joe isn't quite pure enough on (pick your issue) for them, then we'll have 4 or 8 or 12 more fucking years of that motherfucking traitor-Trump.

I think it was mostly the Comey October "gee i'm having 2nd thoughts about these e-mails and have to inform the people" which made enough people, mostly probably mods and indies, but already pissed off progs, probably say, "fuck her", and stayed home.

Where was Comey's sense of duty and telling the public, "oh btw, we think trump is blowing Putin for votes, and he's a fucking traitor"

Fuck that sanctitmonius selective self righteous enabler of that mother-fucking fascist.

I think American BIG D DEMOCRACY is on the ballot this year.

And I'm fucking voting BIG FUCKING D STRAIGHT DOWN THE FUCKING BALLOT

of course you tovaritch, can exercise your right to vote however you see fit.

chipstern

• View Profile
GOD SAVE US FROM OUR FRIENDS
« Reply #13176 on: September 02, 2020, 02:17:18 PM »

Les no one is blaming the progressives, but if all those who didn't like Hillary (and the list is long) and who otherwise would have voted "D" in '16 and sat it out, decide that Joe isn't quite pure enough on (pick your issue) for them, then we'll have 4 or 8 or 12 more fucking years of that motherfucking traitor-Trump.

I think it was mostly the Comey October "gee i'm having 2nd thoughts about these e-mails and have to inform the people" which made enough people, mostly probably mods and indies, but already pissed off progs, probably say, "fuck her", and stayed home.

Where was Comey's sense of duty and telling the public, "oh btw, we think trump is blowing Putin for votes, and he's a fucking traitor"

Fuck that sanctitmonius selective self righteous enabler of that mother-fucking fascist.

I think American BIG D DEMOCRACY is on the ballot this year.

And I'm fucking voting BIG FUCKING D STRAIGHT DOWN THE FUCKING BALLOT

The notion that Biden is an exigent threat and Trump is not, frankly baffles me. 

The fact that Sanders can sit down with Biden, hash things out, come to a consensus on some issues, and agree to duke it out bare knuckles style on the other side of January 2021, and point to Trump being real and Biden NOT, well, I fail to see how that advances a progressive agenda. 

When my monthly SSI payment, which I spent most of my adult life kicking in to, is terminated in the second Trump term, my pre-existing conditions are no longer covered, Medicare for ANYBODY is gutted, three generations of Brown Shirts are enthroned on the Federal Bench--thus ensuring gerrymadered voter suppression for generations--I am sure I will take heart in the Idealism of Pseudo Liberal Purists who go on about Biden's manifest failings, while pointing to AT LEAST how REAL Trump is. 

It is not our adversaries who pose the greatest threat to my grand daughter's America and the survival of this democracy....it is OUR FRIENDS. 

chipstern

• View Profile
PS
« Reply #13177 on: September 02, 2020, 02:18:49 PM »

Donovan Mitchell to sign max extension with JAZZ. 

So much for our team's "Wish List." 

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #13178 on: September 02, 2020, 02:19:23 PM »

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in I tell you..I'm in so hard.....

(unless, as previously mentioned, ms. dawg doesn't let me lest I sabotage things)

***yeah, no doubt, Comey is right up there w/Steve Mills on the villains list

And returning the focus to the real morons:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/09/02/sturgis-rally-death-coronavirus/

The first body bags from this lawn fest should be getting filled shortly before election time:

« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 02:25:02 PM by lesterluv »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13179 on: September 02, 2020, 02:29:22 PM »

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in I tell you..I'm in so hard.....

(unless, as previously mentioned, ms. dawg doesn't let me lest I sabotage things)

***yeah, no doubt, Comey is right up there w/Steve Mills on the villains list

And returning the focus to the real morons:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/09/02/sturgis-rally-death-coronavirus/

The first body bags from this lawn fest should be getting filled shortly before election time:

Sooner than that. 

Did anyone say Herman Cain's name out loud at the RNC? 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: PS
« Reply #13180 on: September 02, 2020, 03:49:16 PM »

No hero ball allowed in this rebuild.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13181 on: September 02, 2020, 03:51:41 PM »

Now....about Marcus Morris...

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13182 on: September 02, 2020, 04:38:50 PM »

No hero ball allowed in this rebuild.

Were you guys down for giving Barrett and 2 number ones?

https://sports.yahoo.com/knicks-fans-forget-dononvan-mitchell-185451288.html

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13183 on: September 02, 2020, 04:54:07 PM »

Were you guys down for giving Barrett and 2 number ones?
https://sports.yahoo.com/knicks-fans-forget-dononvan-mitchell-185451288.html

I'd go RJB and a 1st plus some detritus such as Franc or Knox.

Two 1sts?  Depends on the protections and years.
Knix aren't really in good shape for anything, so adding a young star is the best bet.
You'd have Donovan and Mitch to build around. 

But why would Utah do that and why would Mitchell want to play for NYK?

So who do people prefer Booker or Mitchell?
(either on the Knix or just in general)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13184 on: September 02, 2020, 05:59:05 PM »

Mitchell is out

Oladipo and Beal seem to be in play.
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 1850