Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 132

Author Topic: NFL  (Read 47660 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: NFL
« Reply #1860 on: January 06, 2020, 10:00:08 PM »

Because forward progress is a judgement call by an official and often does not match what a replay official sees or hears.
So is forward progress resulting in a first down, but that is reviewable.
What is reviewable is the spot of the ball AFTER the officials determine forward progress has been stopped.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: January 06, 2020, 10:10:07 PM »

The thing is that WRs push off all the time and it is seldom called. It would mess up their offense is everything mantra. Got to keep the masses showing up at the gates and the living rooms and bars. Money talks and defense walks. Don't touch that QB, don't touch that WR. Don't hit anyone.

Bitch game now of preening dickweeds.
I think the whole booth review of interference is a stupid rule. Why not holding? Because a playoff game did not turn on a blown holding call? You can't change last year's result with this year's rule.

Why some plays are unchallengeable is beyond me.
1. Because the Minnesota TD, by rule, was ruled a TD by the replay booth. There was nothing left to challenge.

As for the OT rules in the NFL. 2. Winning a game on a first possession field goal has proven to be universally hated by football players and fans.

1. Missing the point. Care to try again? Why are some things not challengeable?

2. Missing the point even more widely. I agree. My complaint is that winning on the first possession at all is inherently unfair.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: January 07, 2020, 12:10:17 AM »

The thing is that WRs push off all the time and it is seldom called. It would mess up their offense is everything mantra. Got to keep the masses showing up at the gates and the living rooms and bars. Money talks and defense walks. Don't touch that QB, don't touch that WR. Don't hit anyone.

I think the whole booth review of interference is a stupid rule. Why not holding? Because a playoff game did not turn on a blown holding call? You can't change last year's result with this year's rule.

1. Because the Minnesota TD, by rule, was ruled a TD by the replay booth. There was nothing left to challenge.

As for the OT rules in the NFL. 2. Winning a game on a first possession field goal has proven to be universally hated by football players and fans.

Because the League Rules Committee determines what plays are reviewable.
2. Missing the point even more widely. I agree. My complaint is that winning on the first possession at all is inherently unfair.
Again the Rules Committee set the parameters for OT.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 12:13:56 AM by Espnthree »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: January 07, 2020, 12:23:44 AM »

Because the League Rules Committee determines what plays are reviewable.
Again the Rules Committee set the parameters for OT.

Such brilliance!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: January 07, 2020, 12:35:14 PM »

Rhule to Panthers

Pat's ST coach Judge new G-Men HC

Josh McD to the Browns?

Hairy Lime

• Used to be whiskeypriest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: January 07, 2020, 12:48:18 PM »

Rhule to Panthers

Josh McD to the Browns?
DePodesta loved Stefanski the last time around, but was overruled. I suspect HC experience is a must this year. Who knows about next year.

Are we sure Belichick is coming back? JMD may be primed to inherit the Pats on their slide to post Brady irrelevanc9.
You and I aren't heroes. This world doesn't make any heroes, outside of your stories

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: January 07, 2020, 12:58:37 PM »

Rhule to Panthers

Josh McD to the Browns?
DePodesta loved Stefanski the last time around, but was overruled. I suspect HC experience is a must this year. Who knows about next year.

Are we sure Belichick is coming back? JMD may be primed to inherit the Pats on their slide to post Brady irrelevanc9.

MCD-Who knows.

But his interest in interviewing suggests he was ready to move on from the Pats.  I would think his long tenure as Brady's OC might be a selling point of stability to the Browns and the need to further development of Mayfield.

and perhaps the Pats post Brady would make coaching Chernobil look like Eden

Burn on big river, burn on. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: January 07, 2020, 01:01:26 PM »

and BB?

suppsedly he wants to go after Shula's W record, so he could bolt to a younger franchise, or burnish his record by rebuilding the Pats.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
How will the Judge Rhule
« Reply #1868 on: January 07, 2020, 01:38:13 PM »

Rhule interviewed with Carolina and Tepper made Rhule an offer he couldn't refuse. 7 years!  60mil!  Never coached a game in the NFL.  OK.. good for Rhule.  Then Rhule called Mara with chance to match and lure him to get on  a plane and visit Giants.  Mara heard the number and choked.   Immediately started negotiating with Judge. I can't wait to see the terms.
KP tosses salads in dallas

Hairy Lime

• Used to be whiskeypriest.
    • View Profile
Re: How will the Judge Rhule
« Reply #1869 on: January 07, 2020, 02:16:21 PM »

Rhule interviewed with Carolina and Tepper made Rhule an offer he couldn't refuse. 7 years!  60mil!  Never coached a game in the NFL.  OK.. good for Rhule.  Then Rhule called Mara with chance to match and lure him to get on  a plane and visit Giants.  Mara heard the number and choked.   Immediately started negotiating with Judge. I can't wait to see the terms.
Good move by Rhule. Strike while the iron is hot. He goes 8 - 4, 7 - 5 at Baylor and his value tanks.

Can't Judge judge. Though I just rolled out a Flip Wilson reference to a Giants fan in the office and got a blank stare. I am fucking old.
You and I aren't heroes. This world doesn't make any heroes, outside of your stories

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: How will the Judge Rhule
« Reply #1870 on: January 07, 2020, 03:42:20 PM »

Good move by Rhule. Strike while the iron is hot. He goes 8 - 4, 7 - 5 at Baylor and his value tanks.

Can't Judge judge. Though I just rolled out a Flip Wilson reference to a Giants fan in the office and got a blank stare. I am fucking old.

The devil made you do it.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: January 07, 2020, 04:29:15 PM »

Are we sure Belichick is coming back? JMD may be primed to inherit the Pats on their slide to post Brady irrelevance.

Most believable rumor I heard today was Brady and McDaniel to LAC

Garrett being looked at in NY as OC.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: January 07, 2020, 04:31:07 PM »

Rhule interviewed with Carolina and Tepper made Rhule an offer he couldn't refuse. 7 years!  60mil!  Never coached a game in the NFL. 

Gruden effect.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: January 07, 2020, 04:33:25 PM »

Hadn't heard Rhule called Mara.  Not sure it works that way.

Rhule was my choice - and not just me - last go round.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: January 07, 2020, 05:03:16 PM »

Hadn't heard Rhule called Mara.  Not sure it works that way.

Rhule was my choice - and not just me - last go round.

He called somebody with a 201 area code.   They passed on agreeing to match Carolina's terms.  No one is at fault here.
KP tosses salads in dallas
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 132