Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: NFL  (Read 3513 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: NFL
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2018, 01:54:47 PM »

While one of the QBs might have made more sense than Barkley (though I don't think any of them are the generational type of talent that Barkley is), the O-line issue would still be in place and in the end I've got less trouble with relying on Manning for another year or so than I do with hiring Shurmur who's the exact same guy as McAdoo.

Shurmer was on with Francesa yesterday and did not make a great impression in his 10-15 minute interview.

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2018, 02:10:26 PM »

"Tom knows Bill is the best coach in the league, but he's had enough of him," the anonymous source with knowledge of the relationship told O'Connor in the book. "If Tom could, I think he would divorce him."

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1355101002

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2018, 02:11:24 PM »

While one of the QBs might have made more sense than Barkley (though I don't think any of them are the generational type of talent that Barkley is), the O-line issue would still be in place and in the end I've got less trouble with relying on Manning for another year or so than I do with hiring Shurmur who's the exact same guy as McAdoo.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2018, 02:25:46 PM »

"Tom knows Bill is the best coach in the league, but he's had enough of him," the anonymous source with knowledge of the relationship told O'Connor in the book. "If Tom could, I think he would divorce him."

19 year marriages between QBs and coachs is pretty rare if not unique in the NFL.

Perhaps after two decades together both long for new trophy partners.

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2018, 03:01:40 PM »

19 year marriages between QBs and coachs is pretty rare if not unique in the NFL.

Perhaps after two decades together both long for new trophy partners.

Perhaps, but he doesn't want to end up his career showing his true self.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2018, 03:17:57 PM »

From the book that everyone will want to read: One New England assistant said the general feeling among staff members around that time wasn’t that Belichick’s system could make Super Bowl quarterbacks out of all 32 NFL starters. “But if you gave us any of the top 15, we could do it,” the assistant said. “I don’t think the coaches view Tom as special as everyone else in football does. Mr. Kraft thinks Tom is the greatest gift ever, but the coaches don’t.”

Hey, it's an argument. I mean, Matt Cassel did take the Pats to 11-5!

OTOH, Belichick's system had a top 15 quarterback who went 5-12 with that head coach the year before Bill became a genius - a quarterback whose team went 8-8 under Pete Carroll.

Perhaps if Bill goes away for a year we can find out, though it would have been a better experiment in, say, this last Super Bowl!

I think it took them both.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2018, 03:21:25 PM »

I think as Brady is viewing the end of his career, he has been more forthcoming.

And if some take objection to Brady showing his "true self" whatever that might be, I imagine he will survive his anonymous and envious critics, quite nicely.

LarryBnDC usetab Knicks12

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2018, 11:22:13 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Today at 10:02:32 AM »

https://www.nbcwashington.com/investigations/Friday-Night-Lights-Fading-493629491.html

6 schools had to cancel their seasons due to lack of sufficient players.

3600 fewer players in that area than in 2012.

And no reason to expect the trend to stop.

Implications for colleges and the pros.

Will Trump step in to save the game?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]