News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: NFL  (Read 3664 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL
« Reply #165 on: Today at 12:57:30 AM »

Fuck it. BAKER MAYFIELD IS THE GREATEST QUARTERBACK SINCE OTTO FUCKING GRAHAM! WE ARE WINNING THE NEXT 12 SUPER BOWLS!
As long as the lady is paying for it... Why not take the vicuna?

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: Today at 01:31:30 AM »

That is out of my system.  We'll see how Mayfield does when teams start game planning for him.  Looked good tonight, and the offense looked crisper and just plain better with him.

I assume Taylor's concussion will be stretched out to make the starting decision fait accompli next Sunday.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: Today at 09:59:29 AM »

The thing that has impressed me so far is the Browns D-it looks real.

And now that you have the GOAT...

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: Today at 10:14:17 AM »

https://www.nbcwashington.com/investigations/Friday-Night-Lights-Fading-493629491.html

6 schools had to cancel their seasons due to lack of sufficient players.

3600 fewer players in that area than in 2012.

And no reason to expect the trend to stop.

Implications for colleges and the pros.

Will Trump step in to save the game?

In this area lacrosse is the growing contact sport.

Spring sport.

Not sure what HS aged footballers are doing when they drop from the ranks.  YOUTH can transition to soccer.  But at 15/16?  Wouldnt be common.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: Today at 10:18:51 AM »

That is out of my system.  We'll see how Mayfield does when teams start game planning for him.  Looked good tonight, and the offense looked crisper and just plain better with him.

I assume Taylor's concussion will be stretched out to make the starting decision fait accompli next Sunday.

There was a WOW factor to Mayfield's debut

Even if he hadnt gotten the victory - this kid was born to lead an offense (please, save the "but it was just the Jets")

Just dont see the same gait early on with Darnold.

Credit Cleveland for going with their analysis, passing on one of the better running backs in the last 10 years while they were at it.  And adding Hyde was a nicely timed tandem move.

Cant wait to hear MIKE F today.  He of course was all in on Sam as the better player.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: Today at 10:21:55 AM »

The thing that has impressed me so far is the Browns D-it looks real.

And now that you have the GOAT...
Denzel Ward: three games, three turn overs. Four sacks for Garrett, and O-Gun is playing in the backfield. Yeah, we have played well enough on defense to win each game.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: Today at 10:31:27 AM »

There was a WOW factor to Mayfield's debut

Even if he hadnt gotten the victory - this kid was born to lead an offense (please, save the "but it was just the Jets")

Just dont see the same gait early on with Darnold.

Credit Cleveland for going with their analysis, passing on one of the better running backs in the last 10 years while they were at it.  And adding Hyde was a nicely timed tandem move.

Cant wait to hear MIKE F today.  He of course was all in on Sam as the better player.
The "leadership" thing was the selling point, but in the NFL leadership is really inextricably from talent and results.

I liked the Jets D. They were.dominant for most.of the first half, and a lot of Mayfield's throws were in great spots. Hyde, who I always liked and thought undervalued was bottled up until the second half.

Mayfield sure seems to "get" Landry who has been as good as we paid him to be and better than I expected. I.still expect, to borrow from Aunt Dahlia's French chef Anatole, a few roughs with the smooth. But I see a glimmer.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: Today at 10:34:27 AM »

Browns were good on D last year, too. But the really short field they had to defend and number of plays they had to play skewed the numbers. Biggest problem was the defensive backfield, which is why they valued Ward over Chubb and traded for Randall.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: Today at 07:38:36 PM »

And they already try to take Mayfield down

(bot sure who Jason McIntyre is but here he is a douche)

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1043211763813105664

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]