Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141

Author Topic: NFL  (Read 61248 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: NFL
« Reply #2070 on: July 03, 2020, 10:33:58 AM »

One Patriots fans apparently felt so robbed after that loss that he decided to take matters into his own hands.

According to Bloomberg’s Zeke Faux, career “cat burglar” Sean Murphy and an accomplice stole 27 of the Giants’ rings from a jewelry store simply because he didn’t think the Giants deserved them.[/i]

I get why he stole them. (Stupid.)

I'm amused that he claims to still have some and plans to wear one.

But... why on earth is this in the news in 2020?!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: July 03, 2020, 11:40:32 AM »

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/sean-murphy-super-bowl-rings-thief/?srnd=heist-issue

The long-story makes for a fascinating read.

Its like a script pitch for a "The Town" type movie, the Affleck flick about Charlestown bank robbers who took on Fenway Park.

UNO

• View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: July 03, 2020, 01:09:31 PM »

One Patriots fans apparently felt so robbed after that loss that he decided to take matters into his own hands.

According to Bloomberg’s Zeke Faux, career “cat burglar” Sean Murphy and an accomplice stole 27 of the Giants’ rings from a jewelry store simply because he didn’t think the Giants deserved them.[/i]

I get why he stole them. (Stupid.)

I'm amused that he claims to still have some and plans to wear one.

But... why on earth is this in the news in 2020?!

Good question.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 03, 2020, 09:34:00 PM »

Guesses on a new name for the Redskins?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: July 03, 2020, 10:39:31 PM »

Maybe to honor both an important Washington institution, Congress, and an important corporate sponsor, which seems to be the real driver to this exercise,
how about the The Washington ConFeds?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: July 03, 2020, 11:03:57 PM »

The DC Comics
KP tosses salads in dallas

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: July 04, 2020, 12:33:04 AM »

The DC Comics

And we could rename the Giants to be the Marvels.

Or at least the Antmen.

UNO

• View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: July 04, 2020, 11:03:47 AM »

The Washington Subpoenas. Because the fans should sue for what they've been forced to watch. The Washington Fillabusters. Because maybe they should be stopped from taking the field.  The Washington Gridlock. Because team is going nowhere. The Washington Monuments. Because they play like there standing still and the team should be torn down.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: July 04, 2020, 11:09:32 AM »

As a tip of the cap to Washington's legendary O-line, the Hogs", how about the Washington Pork Barrels?

or the Wahington Lobbyists?

UNO

• View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: July 04, 2020, 11:10:16 AM »

Maybe the best name is the Weathervanes. The team would always just fit in with the prevailing winds of change. After all, these days, you don't need a Weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

UNO

• View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: July 04, 2020, 11:14:18 AM »

From CBS sports:

Redtails
This is the name that won a design contest several years ago, and honestly, I dig it. It's a nod to the planes flown by the Tuskegee Airmen, an all-Black squadron of fighter and bomber pilots who fought in World War II and were the first Black military aviators in the United States Armed Forces. Three of the first five admitted Airmen were from Washington, which gives the Redtails name a specific connection to the city. The team could easily keep the colors and the "R" logo, while also transitioning from a name with potential negative connotations to one with extremely positive connotations that honors the city, the armed services, and Black America.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: July 04, 2020, 11:21:42 AM »

Redtails works on a lot of bases.

UNO

• View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: July 04, 2020, 01:41:49 PM »

Redtails works on a lot of bases.
Yeah, I like it.

One of my friends said it should be the Potomacs. Not a bad name, until you consider it is a "European spelling of an Algonquian name, variously claimed to mean "river of swans", "place where people trade" or "place to which tribute is brought". The natives called the river above the falls Cohongorooton, "river of geese", and that area was renowned in early years for an abundance of both geese and swans. The spelling of the name has been simplified over the years from Patawomeke to Patowmack in the 18th century and now Potomac. The river's name was officially determined as Potomac by the Board on Geographic Names in 1931."
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141