Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912825 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10515 on: January 23, 2020, 12:39:50 AM »

DAL could try to make noise these playoffs by going all-in on Morris, sure.  But you have an inexperienced group, plus KZ's health status up in the air.  And there are a lot of good West teams this year.  MaMo would certainly get them solidly in that 2nd tier with DEN and UTA.  Two very good teams with flaws.  (bench and Conley's health for UTA; no go to guy and no wing stopper for DEN).  But being 4th best West team wouldn't amount to much.  If they thought they could get to the West Finals, then it's worth it.  But that's a lot to ask.

Bobby Portal doesn't move the playoff needle.  MaMo could.

Would make much more sense to me, for DAL to go to war as is and call it a successful season.  Then add a FA, such as Morris, this summer without losing any of their depth.  A 2-way vet addition like Morris would make a lot of sense for DAL.  With the caveat that he's not going to replicate this contract/career year next season.  But he'd also be 3rd option, which would be a great  role for him.  2nd option on nights when KZ is hobbled or more focused on D.  And Tim Jr. would benefit from more open looks.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:53:35 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: January 23, 2020, 12:45:08 AM »

I like Frank's (fairly new) aggression. And those were good shots he was taking.

It's just — and I know this is nothing new to say — but his shooting stinks.

His form looks good. He seems to work hard. I've got no idea why the ball isn't going in.

And the bigger the shot, the more likely the miss.

Is that a fixable thing if you're 20?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: January 23, 2020, 12:51:50 AM »

I have no idea why MIN would trade Covington, but Covington rumors are rife.  If they're sticking with Wiggy and willing to move Cov, Knix should be interested.  A big deal involving Randle/Morris?  Something smaller with Portis and Elf/Franc?  Covington is a terrific 3&D wing, criminally underused in MIN.  A real stopper and popper. 

Probably a Morris-Covington swap would be most logical. 
(with toss-ins to make the #'s work)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
There you go again
« Reply #10518 on: January 23, 2020, 12:52:29 AM »

DAL could try to make noise these playoffs by going all-in on Morris, sure.  But you have an inexperienced group, plus KZ's health status up in the air.  And there are a lot of good West teams this year.  MaMo would certainly get them solidly in that 2nd tier with DEN and UTA.  Two very good teams with flaws.  (bench and Conley's health for UTA; no go to guy and no wing stopper for DEN).  But being 4th best West team wouldn't amount to much.  If they thought they could get to the West Finals, then it's worth it.  But that's a lot to ask.

Would make much more sense to me, for DAL to go to war as is and call it a successful season.  Then add a FA, such as Morris, this summer without losing any of their depth.  A 2-way vet addition like Morris would make a lot of sense for DAL.  With the caveat that he's not going to replicate this contract/career year next season.  But he'd also be 3rd option, which would be a great  role for him.  2nd option nights when KX is hobbled or focused on D.  And Tim Jr. would benefit from more open looks.

And what would Dallas give us for Marcus?

Oh, wait, actually nothing. Just wait and get him as a FA. Great! We found a very good player who actually wants to stay here, so we just let him go for NADA.

Some times I’m just grateful perrymills are our FO instead of some of you people.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: January 23, 2020, 12:55:19 AM »

Sure. 
Confidence.  Repetition.  Coaching.  More repetition.
Game situations.  Focus.  Repetition.  Experience. 
Did I mention repetition?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: January 23, 2020, 07:44:02 AM »

Sure. 
Confidence.  Repetition.  Coaching.  More repetition.
Game situations.  Focus.  Repetition.  Experience. 
Did I mention repetition?

You're repeating yourself.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: January 23, 2020, 07:49:44 AM »

Better to have Frank miss eight or a dozen shots then have DSJ miss even more defensive assignments in even less time.

I know the kid hasn't played in weeks, so I'm not knocking him for last night, but it is remarkable the number of times DSJ has checked in this season to create an instant 10 point swing in the wrong direction, usually in less time than it takes for Zion to knock down four three-pointers.

We lost by 3

Payton was a +13
Frank a -16

Draw your own conclusions

In fact, according to the irrefutable logic of this forum's most beloved keep-chained-up-in-the-woodshed imbecile, DSJ clearly lost us the game.

We lost by 8

Frank was a +5
DSJ was a -9

Draw your own conclusions. Numbers don't lie. LMAO.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 07:58:09 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: January 23, 2020, 08:17:40 AM »

MaMo says he wants to remain a Knick.  And for the right price he probably does.  But let's see what he chooses when he has comparable offers from much better teams -- such as DAL, PHI, etc.  Is he really going to be enamored of a dysfunctional 23 W team without a legit PG, a rook coach, tons of erratic yute, etc.?

I don't know why he blew off his commitment to SA and came to the Knix.  I assume money and close to home.  This is going to be his last significant contract.  Deep into his 30's.  He's going to be looking for a guaranteed 4 years.  At least 3.  And if wants to stay close to home, there's also PHI, BKY, WAS. 

Trading him before the deadline gets a return on him.  Going to FA is a risk.  Leaving for NADA is MaMo's decision. 

Why trade Morris?
1) He's our best trade asset
2) MaMo and Randle have similar, non-complementary games
3) he might sign with a good team in FA leaving us with NADA
4) he's aging and not on our young timeline
5) he could bring back a yute and pick or something useful
6) the title is up for grabs this year so top playoff teams know one player could push them a round or two further and maybe to the title

Why Knix should keep him?
1) he's our best player
2) can decide the MaMo/Randle thing later after both are under contract.  ie keep both, or trade one or the other
3) even if he walks, his cap space could be valuable
4) vet leadership
5) we're kinda awash in yute and picks and middling young guys that need development
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Damn
« Reply #10523 on: January 23, 2020, 08:26:59 AM »

I was hoping we could win the first half. Didn’t like the last possession at all, with Randle playing hero-ball.

Perfectly played.  Just missed the layup.

Missed the layup against 3 Lakers who were waiting for it.

Drive and dish for Payton would have been better.  You're right.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: January 23, 2020, 08:43:22 AM »

Better to have Frank miss eight or a dozen shots then have DSJ miss even more defensive assignments in even less time.

I know the kid hasn't played in weeks, so I'm not knocking him for last night, but it is remarkable the number of times DSJ has checked in this season to create an instant 10 point swing in the wrong direction, usually in less time than it takes for Zion to knock down four three-pointers.

We lost by 3

Payton was a +13
Frank a -16

Draw your own conclusions

In fact, according to the irrefutable logic of this forum's most beloved keep-chained-up-in-the-woodshed imbecile, DSJ clearly lost us the game.

We lost by 8

Frank was a +5
DSJ was a -9

Draw your own conclusions. Numbers don't lie. LMAO.

Good post

I dont think Dennis plays last night had Frank not been clanking. 

From the get go I have said Dennis is not a guy you can ask to play short minutes.  That is one thing Frank does well - keeps his face no matter the circumstance

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: January 23, 2020, 08:51:31 AM »

Would make much more sense to me, for DAL to go to war as is and call it a successful season.  Then add a FA, such as Morris, this summer without losing any of their depth.  A 2-way vet addition like Morris would make a lot of sense for DAL.  With the caveat that he's not going to replicate this contract/career year next season.  But he'd also be 3rd option, which would be a great  role for him.  2nd option on nights when KZ is hobbled or more focused on D.  And Tim Jr. would benefit from more open looks.

Right on.

And I guess Dallas doesnt have any more number ones to offer us.  If they did they would at least try to ply Marcus for Lee/Roby/picks, something that wouldnt kill their depth much for the future

Anyway - lets make a Morris list.

For #1 -  I will use a second rounder.

Dallas -
Lee, Roby and a 2
Knicks - Morris

next offer (LA teams make most sense)?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 09:05:51 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: January 23, 2020, 09:29:37 AM »

That's fair

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: January 23, 2020, 09:31:33 AM »

I don't have deals for you right now, but rather destinations.
Of the playoff teams out West -- UTA, DEN, DAL could all really use Morris.  He'd fill gaps for all those teams.  Then there's HOU and LA x 2 that could use him as well. 
Other West teams: POR certainly can; OKC probably; GSW.  SAS!
(Spurs would be in good shape if they had MaMo playing at this level)

East playoff teams: PHI, IND & BKY have gaps Morris could fill.
MIA needs more legit starters.

That's 10 playoff teams that could use Morris.
Not all have trade assets, but it shouldn't be too hard to find a taker.  Knix would be negligent not to be listening to offers.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: January 23, 2020, 10:00:48 AM »

Morris is most certainly being discussed by Knicks management -

EASIER to keep if we dont deal him.  That is the current conundrum - and to be weighed when tying in just who/what is offered to us.

Knicks likely seek a #1 with no greater than top 10 protection.  Any player added - how does he project with the talent coming back - especially when we dont even have a coach?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Wait what?
« Reply #10529 on: January 23, 2020, 10:35:19 AM »

Frank went 0-8 in 12 minutes.  He had 1 assist.

And Dennis was worse.

The Frank homers needing to get on DSJ   -- who nobody here is defending hope you love fighting straw men -- to make a point about Frank just shows how far standards have fallen in the Mecca.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1848