Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899573 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #11580 on: March 25, 2020, 08:46:59 AM »

I think the Knicks are all in on Frank

New Leon in town but not sure we are trading the kid.

Minnesota would be horrible for him.

Thanks for the mock.  I am fine with Anthony and like Carey, Achiuwa.  Look at the Israeli kid.

edit:   shit - they have him going #2?

(The Auburn kid looks like Frank in profile (not sure if offense will come but D and intangibles, blah........)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 08:52:53 AM by kiidcarter8 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11581 on: March 25, 2020, 10:31:23 AM »

Franc is still without a position and a starting slot.
An enigma.  I think Knix would be glad to consolidate #5 and Franc for #3.

For Minny the idea is their D is poor.  So an extra defender helps.  Let Franc, Covington and Okogie/Culver defend while Tangelo and KAT score.  I doubt they covet Franc enough to alter their draft slot.

There's concern Cole Anthony isn't really a PG.  Hmm.
Ball or Haliburton sound like what we need.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:36:17 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: March 25, 2020, 11:32:40 AM »

An enigma.  I think Knix would be glad to consolidate #5 and Franc for #3.

Maybe.  I wont worry about that just yet.  Unless the team with the 3 (is it Minny in this model) sees a player they like and know they can get at 5, it wont matter.

Sure - absolutely - if LEON sees BALL as his guy - and we have a chance to get him by dealing up........count me in.  I'd think we would need to surrender picks though. At least one of our future 1s that looks to be better than our second #1 for 2020.

I also see LEON adding players in deal - not just picking and amassing picks.  Some guys who are NOT free agents and are on other rosters will be Knickerbockers for 20-21.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
EASTER???
« Reply #11583 on: March 25, 2020, 02:13:25 PM »

Chico, you just as crazy as your führer
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: March 25, 2020, 02:45:47 PM »

14. Portland Trail Blazers: Precious Achiuwa (Memphis, PF/C, Freshman)

Achiuwa made his strongest statement of the season on Saturday during a 22-point, 22-rebound, five-block effort against Tulane.

Even without a great deal of skill, he continues to impact games by maximizing his 6'9", 225-pound frame, 7'2" wingspan, mobility and motor for rim-runs, finishes, second-chance opportunities and defensive playmaking. Achiuwa's jump shot and decision-making still require significant improvement, but few bigs in the draft have a more impressive physical foundation to build off

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: March 25, 2020, 02:56:02 PM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: March 25, 2020, 11:56:43 PM »

Okongwu also sounds interesting as a high energy defender who can score around the rim.  Like a Bam or Montrezl type.

I'm hoping the Bigs go early -- Wiseman, Toppin, whoever -- so the Knix have the widest selection of G's available -- Ball, Haliburton, Anthony, Kill Hayes, or even the Israeli SF.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: March 26, 2020, 01:47:55 AM »

Feeling the opposite almost. Hoping the guards and Wiseman go early and we get a look at Toppin, Okongwu, and Advija.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: March 26, 2020, 11:00:15 AM »

Maybe Edwards falls - with Ball and Devi going 1-2 or 2-1.  The white kid sure is picking up steam.

Who gets the 2/3 minutes - Barrett, Knox, Edwards, vet wing?  I guess in this NBA it could almost split equal and nobody wold blink.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: March 26, 2020, 06:06:08 PM »

R.I.P. Fred “Curly” Neal.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: EASTER???
« Reply #11591 on: March 27, 2020, 09:47:38 PM »

Chico, you just as crazy as your führer

Finally you deleted your crazy signature, qué pasó Chico, what happened? 100,000 cases and counting?

Anyway, good that you deleted it. Time to think for yourself?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: March 28, 2020, 09:39:53 AM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2882603-2020-nba-draftd-c-historical-anurrent-pro-comparisons-for-projected-top-picks#slide12

Thx.  I like player comparisons.  Helpful for projection purposes.
I'm still in favor of Ball or Haliburton.
If we don't hit the lotto, maybe we could move up for Ball or down for Haliburton.

I keep hearing some Amare comparison for Toppin.  Amare was an 18 year old with great hops.  Is Toppin really as explosive as a young STAT, or is it just the boarding and defensive cluelessness that gets the Amare comparison.  Cause that's crucial.

I really like John Collins (their other comp for Toppin) but Collins reminds me of a young Karl Malone. Mostly his grace and power around the rim, and good feel on offense.  The Mailman also started off as a weak defender and then improved (I learned my post D ball-swipe from Malone.  When a bigger guy in the post bumps you and knocks you back half a step or just off balance, he has a fairly open rim to shoot at.  So as you're falling back, take a swipe at the ball just above waist level as the guy turns and starts to bring it up.  Works well, especially as they think they have the all-clear.  Best when you can smack the ball into the player's leg/body so it goes out of bounds off them)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: March 28, 2020, 05:19:12 PM »

So who do we like in the draft?
There's 5 PG's listed for the lottery.

LaMelo Ball
Cole Anthony
Nico Mannion
Theo Maledon
Ty Haliburton

Thoughts on these guys?
We certainly need shooting and passing.
Cole Anthony?

Ty

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: March 28, 2020, 05:58:15 PM »

LaMelo

Historical comparison: Penny Hardaway/Jason Williams

Picture a bigger Williams with Hardaway's star power. Ball creates and dishes with Williams' flair and confidence, and he has the same type of pull-up three in his bag. But he's closer in size and athleticism to Hardaway, who averaged over 20 points per game during his short prime years. Ball has more scoring upside than Williams, but to reach Penny's level, he'll have to improve his mid-range shot and post offense

Love it - thanks for the link
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1844