Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 915179 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #11790 on: April 25, 2020, 10:14:56 PM »

http://nypost.com/2020/04/25/knicks-mailbag-the-case-for-keeping-mike-miller-next-season/

"Miller doesn’t have the support of new branding consultant Steve Stoute"

O Lord, have mercy!!!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: 1999
« Reply #11791 on: April 25, 2020, 10:19:09 PM »

Tapscott’s boss.
Besides, screwing the team that’s pushing you out may prove irresistible when a couple of morons is taking over for you.

Grunfeld was removed on April 21 of that season. At the time of his removal from his general manager post, during the 1998–99 season, the team had a 21–21 record and were on the verge of not making the playoffs.

https://nypost.com/1999/07/01/knicks-take-big-gamble-shock-draft-by-choosing-weis-7-2-french-center/

Ok Kamster, Maybe Perry will pull a Tapscott as a parting gift to Rose/Stoute/"capologist" (the new guy from Cleveland hired by Rose).

Who's going to hire Perry anyway?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: April 25, 2020, 10:22:14 PM »

Tapscott’s boss.
Besides, screwing the team that’s pushing you out may prove irresistible when a couple of morons is taking over for you.

Grunfeld was removed on April 21 of that season. At the time of his removal from his general manager post, during the 1998–99 season, the team had a 21–21 record and were on the verge of not making the playoffs.

https://nypost.com/1999/07/01/knicks-take-big-gamble-shock-draft-by-choosing-weis-7-2-french-center/

Ok Kamster, Maybe Perry will pull a Tapscott as a parting gift to Rose/Stoute/"capologist" (the new guy from Cleveland hired by Rose).

I give up. OK Carlos. Perry will purposefully sandbag the pick because he has nothing better to do.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: April 25, 2020, 10:29:49 PM »

Tapscott’s boss.

I give up. OK Carlos. Perry will purposefully sandbag the pick because he has nothing better to do.

No, not because he has nothing better to do, but ...

..., screwing the team that’s pushing you out may prove irresistible when a couple of morons is taking over for you.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: April 26, 2020, 12:12:01 AM »

Tapscott’s boss.

..., screwing the team that’s pushing you out may prove irresistible when a couple of morons is taking over for you.

Why would Rose allow that to happen?  Either Rose believes Perry is the guy to make the picks, which means he believes in retaining Perry, or he finds someone else to make the picks. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
More 1999
« Reply #11795 on: April 26, 2020, 02:09:07 AM »

Rose believes Perry is the guy to make the picks, but Perry knows he’s gonna be replaced.

Don’t you realize this is the Dolan Knocks?

How did 1999 happen?

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: April 26, 2020, 05:06:46 PM »

Tapscott’s boss.

Why would Rose allow that to happen?  Either Rose believes Perry is the guy to make the picks, which means he believes in retaining Perry, or he finds someone else to make the picks.

Rose is making the picks

Will he possibly pick the player Perry has suggested?  Sure.  They could be on the same player, especially picking as high as we are.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: April 26, 2020, 05:08:40 PM »

Rose believes Perry is the guy to make the picks, but Perry knows he’s gonna be replaced.

Stop already

Knicks have always been a collective voice - Perry's won't be louder than others

but then ONE GUY is responsible for the pick.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Dolan's Knocks?
« Reply #11798 on: April 26, 2020, 09:51:24 PM »

Knicks have always been a collective voice

LMAO 😅😂🤣

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: April 26, 2020, 10:35:12 PM »

Carlos doesn't realize how many guys are in the room when the options are being discussed

We - as usual - forgive his childlike ignorance.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Thanks Chico
« Reply #11800 on: April 27, 2020, 02:08:40 AM »

Carlos doesn't realize how many guys are in the room when the options are being discussed

We - as usual - forgive his childlike ignorance.

Thanks for your forgiveness Chico, and as proof of my appreciation, here is your dear leader’s latest favorite medication

”I’ll build it a second time” EASTER! 🤣
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 11:36:14 AM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: April 27, 2020, 10:28:18 AM »

Not much likely to save the next decade of Knickdom, except some fortuitous events such as winning a draft lottery or finding the next Kobe/Kawhi later down, plus a major young FA (like Luka) signing with us.

Mitch could become a quality starting C, which would be helpful.
Probably 2 or 3 years away form becoming an elite defender/rim running C.
A good piece.  Who will look better with better PG play.

RJB could become an above average starter.  Energy, hustle, physical, good driver, can get hot.  Really needs to work on developing a reliable shot.  I kind of see him as one of those guys with tools but shooting holding him back, and without the handles or passing chops to overcome that.   I seem more concerned about his D than most.  Hopefully can become an average or better starter.

If either Franc or Knox become legit starters, it's likely on their next contract  ... on another team.  And both look like bench role players.

Otherwise we don't have much to work with.  We already seem ready to move on from our big FA acquisition, Randle. 
Er ...
Not sure any team is in worse shape than NYK.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 11:42:25 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: April 27, 2020, 11:31:39 AM »

Well that settles that.  Time to pack it in boys.  Bo has spoken.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: April 27, 2020, 11:45:31 AM »

Make a counter-argument.

Find a team or two with less promise.

Hope left with KZ ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: April 27, 2020, 12:10:01 PM »

I think with better supporting personnel Randle and Barrett would give opponents FITS at the (Knicks) offensive end.

We would continue to be a team that needs to outscore the opponent (read:  not rely heavily on defense, though needing key stops to win games) - at least for now .

I think we are at least a 40-win team with Payton, Ball, Barrett, Randle, Robinson, Harkless, Ntlikina and one or two more additions, and with a steady coaching staff.
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 1848