Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 916557 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13245 on: September 06, 2020, 01:30:00 AM »

Hey Bank, now that Chamaco Cartero has gone quiet, how do you think the Boston/Raptors thing is gonna end? I think Ibaka is doing a great job. Tatum too, but not enough the last two games.

Chamaco, you got my permission to come back. Just try to make some sense and write something other than heh and lol. Also, you’ll be safe with Uncle Joe protecting you, so don’t you worry about nothin, you hear?

Carlos-Before the series I thought the Celts in 6, now let's say some doubts have crept in. Earlier today I posted in another forum that I didn't know who was going to win tonight but I expect a rock-fight, a tough physical game with D dominating O, but it was uglier than I thought. But that I would not write-off the Raps, they are tough and tested and could easily win the series. I'm not happy that I was right.

Celts couldn't hit shit, had trouble with Raps D, (20% from 3s-is pretty bad) and Brown had a miserable night. If he had just a bad night, they probably win.

But most troubling was a lack of intensity from the Celts-or desire or something. they seemed flat when they should have been pumped and pissed about G3.

Game 3 and OG's 3 swung this series hard.

I think the Celts wil play a lot better in G5, whether they shoot better, or can re-assert themselves I don't know anymore than you. But the effort had better be there or I'll be pissed.

I think the loss of Gordo is showing up now. they could use his all-around abilities. Spilled milk.

But mo has clearly swung and the Celts have to punch back.

Tatum had a brutal G3 but was ok tonight. Kemba was invisble and only took about 10 shots, he can't be passive, he needs to shoot. They need Tatum-Kemba-Brown-Smart contributing to win this thing.

best 2 of 3 and these teams are pretty even.

But I expect another low-scoring tough game in Game 5, but hopefully with the Celts showing some FUCKING EMOTION!

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13246 on: September 06, 2020, 10:11:32 AM »

Hey Bank, now that Chamaco Cartero has gone quiet, how do you think the Boston/Raptors thing is gonna end? I think Ibaka is doing a great job. Tatum too, but not enough the last two games.

Chamaco, you got my permission to come back. Just try to make some sense and write something other than heh and lol. Also, you’ll be safe with Uncle Joe protecting you, so don’t you worry about nothin, you hear?

Carlos-Before the series I thought the Celts in 6, now let's say some doubts have crept in. Earlier today I posted in another forum that I didn't know who was going to win tonight but I expect a rock-fight, a tough physical game with D dominating O, but it was uglier than I thought. But that I would not write-off the Raps, they are tough and tested and could easily win the series. I'm not happy that I was right.

Celts couldn't hit shit, had trouble with Raps D, (20% from 3s-is pretty bad) and Brown had a miserable night. If he had just a bad night, they probably win.

But most troubling was a lack of intensity from the Celts-or desire or something. they seemed flat when they should have been pumped and pissed about G3.

I think the Celts wil play a lot better in G5, whether they shoot better, or can re-assert themselves I don't know anymore than you. But the effort had better be there or I'll be pissed.

I think the loss of Gordo is showing up now. they could use his all-around abilities. Spilled milk.

Tatum had a brutal G3 but was ok tonight. Kemba was invisble and only took about 10 shots, he can't be passive, he needs to shoot. They need Tatum-Kemba-Brown-Smart contributing to win this thing.

But I expect another low-scoring tough game in Game 5, but hopefully with the Celts showing some FUCKING EMOTION!

Then again....

Aren't the Raptors defending champs?  And one of the best three point shooting teams in the league? 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 10:25:19 AM by chipstern »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13247 on: September 06, 2020, 11:03:45 AM »

Then again....

Aren't the Raptors defending champs?  And one of the best three point shooting teams in the league?

Pre-game, I covered the point that the Raps were tough and tested, and could easily win the series, but they're also defending their championship without their best player from last year. IMO the issue was not the Raps making their 3s at a slightly higher % than they usually do, but rather the Celts shooting 20% for 3s. If they hit at roughly their normal rate of about 35%, they make 5 more 3s and theoreticaaly win the game by 7 points.

But bad shooting nights happen, what I didn't like was the seeming lack of intensity from the Cs. The fire to meet a challenge. Raps recaptured it on OGs 3, and the Cs seem to still be staggered by it.

chipstern

• View Profile
Celtics
« Reply #13248 on: September 06, 2020, 03:06:00 PM »

Pride Before The Fall. 

Raptors Certainly Answered Their Call To Arms. 

Especially Kyle Lowry. 

Kawhi.

Is human.  Ask the Nuggets. 

Next game ought to be a barn burner. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13249 on: September 06, 2020, 04:11:32 PM »

Chip-I'm assuming you're referiring to C-Raps, Game 5

I'm hoping the Celts don't C-Rap the bed but they now know for certain they're in a street fight. and they better fight back. 

And Kawhi is human but he's arguably an NBA top 3, and the Raps aren't as good without him. No team would be.

I didn't see the late game last night, needed something upbeat, so I watched Sophie's Choice, but saw he C-Rapped the game putting up Jalen Brown #s.

both are due for a bounce back.

Here's a question for you guys

you guys like re-shaping the knicks and this came up in another place I play.

Several posters had the Warriors and 76ers as possible landing spots for Giannis in a trade. And a few more teams came up.

Without rehashing the posts, I put forth the knicks have the pieces and apititude (I called it Dolan Desperation) to be serious players in pursuing the Hellenic Hero, and laid out a deal. (maybe I'll repost it later if this generates any discussion).

Now i know some of youse guys love trades and some want to keep a kennel of adorable puppies and watch them mature into savage Dobermanns.

So Giannis, what's your offer or do you keep Rover, Spot, Buddy and Fido?

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13250 on: September 06, 2020, 04:53:01 PM »

I'm hoping the Celts don't C-Rap the bed but they now know for certain they're in a street fight. and they better fight back. 

And Kawhi is human but he's arguably an NBA top 3, and the Raps aren't as good without him. No team would be.

I didn't see the late game last night, needed something upbeat, so I watched Sophie's Choice, but saw he C-Rapped the game putting up Jalen Brown #s.

Several posters had the Warriors and 76ers as possible landing spots for Giannis in a trade. And a few more teams came up.

Without rehashing the posts, I put forth the knicks have the pieces and apititude (I called it Dolan Desperation) to be serious players in pursuing the Hellenic Hero, and laid out a deal. (maybe I'll repost it later if this generates any discussion).

Now i know some of youse guys love trades and some want to keep a kennel of adorable puppies and watch them mature into savage Dobermanns.

Pointless. 

He ain't for sale.  Any more than all of that Marc Berman bullshit about tempting Donovan Mitchell with hires from the Jazz org, or Kentucky alumnus KAT or Devin Booker with Kenny Payne. 

At this point, VanVleet seems more realistic, and even THAT is quite a stretch.  Think he stays a Raptor.  They have a winning team culture. 

As for Kiid's Mitchell Robinson for Ball Bearings. Please. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13251 on: September 06, 2020, 05:18:07 PM »

But bad shooting nights happen, what I didn't like was the seeming lack of intensity from the Cs. The fire to meet a challenge. Raps recaptured it on OGs 3, and the Cs seem to still be staggered by it.

More to it than that

Nurse switched up his zone

Listen to analysis once in a while - stop thinking you know it all.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13252 on: September 06, 2020, 05:20:07 PM »

Without rehashing the posts, I put forth the knicks have the pieces and apititude (I called it Dolan Desperation) to be serious players in pursuing the Hellenic Hero, and laid out a deal. (maybe I'll repost it later if this generates any discussion)

Nah

Bucks cant/won't be dealing Giannis

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13253 on: September 06, 2020, 05:22:43 PM »

Pointless. 

He ain't for sale.  Any more than all of that Marc Berman bullshit about tempting Donovan Mitchell with hires from the Jazz org, or Kentucky alumnus KAT or Devin Booker with Kenny Payne. 

At this point, VanVleet seems more realistic, and even THAT is quite a stretch.  Think he stays a Raptor.  They have a winning team culture. 

As for Kiid's Mitchell Robinson for Ball Bearings. Please.

There seems to be a school of thought that GA will not resign a max deal with the Bucks and they could lose him to FA after next year, so they may listen to offers rather have him just walk, or limp away and get nothing.

If I'm Dolan I ask Perry for his thoughts and whether its something they should look into and if its only 10% likely to land a player like GA, why wouldn't you consider it and contingency plan for possibly acquiring the league MVP coming into his prime and build around him?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: September 06, 2020, 05:29:29 PM »

PLAY DONTE DOWN THE STRETCH!!!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13255 on: September 06, 2020, 05:31:43 PM »

More to it than that

Nurse switched up his zone

Listen to analysis once in a while - stop thinking you know it all.

Kid I don't know it all, and i try to keep an open mind.

You should probably take your own advice moron. 

I mentioned the Celts trouble with the Raps zone.

Celts were still getting open looks, but shot 20% from 3 last night.

If they shot 33% (still under their average) they probably win the game.

and Nurse has been very good coming out of the half with adjustments, the Celts have been beaten in every 3rd quarter so far.

Quote from: bankshot1, post: 4026207, member: 9

I made a TIC comment at the half last night, that if the Celts had made some shots they'd be up by 10, so they could piss away a 10 pt. lead in the 3rd qtr.

There's some truth in that snarkiness.

The Raps have been taking over games after the half, and Nurse making D adjustments (switching into zone) and the Celts have consistently lost leads, and momentun in the 3rd qtr. .

There's a lot of shared responsibility in these losses, and Brad and staff own some too.

Brad got some work to do.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 05:41:46 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13256 on: September 06, 2020, 07:36:49 PM »

heh

So does Ainge

A bit of bad luck that Herro was snapped up last year prior to his pick

Needs to nail it this year

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
heh
« Reply #13257 on: September 06, 2020, 09:10:17 PM »

heh

So does Ainge

A bit of bad luck that Herro was snapped up last year prior to his pick

Needs to nail it this year

- No one will be is safe in Biden's Donald Pandemic's America  -

(Chamaco's siggy fixed)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 09:14:53 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13258 on: September 07, 2020, 10:52:02 AM »

Looked at ESPn's draft profile for Knox:

UNder strengths:
- Tremendous touch on floaters -- 25-61.
- Tools to defend multiple positions in time.

I don't recall Knox using floaters for NYK(?)
The defensive thing is just a general projection based on his size/athleticism

Improvement areas
- Lacks a degree of physicality and toughness. Only 6.7 rebounds per 40 minutes. Is he tough enough to play the 4? Will disappear for long stretches. Confidence fluctuates. Shies away from contact in the paint as a finisher. Settles for perimeter jumpers. Sees himself as more of a wing than a modern forward.
- Plays with a high center of gravity. Handle is a bit loose. Not much of a shot-creator at this stage of his development. Feel for the game is average. Had 53 assists and 85 turnovers in 1,198 minutes at Kentucky. Doesn't make his teammates better.
- Struggled defensively at Kentucky. A bit tight in the hips. Can do a better job of sitting down and sliding on the perimeter. Not the defender his tools suggest. Up and down motor.

Most of this still rings true.
Low motor at times, confidence up and down, disappears.
I think the tight in the hips is also be related to his rim finishing.

Knox needs to be more aggressive, mix it up more, commit to D especially by paying attention off the ball.  he needs to mix up his O, 3's, drives, a floater if he's got it, and go strong to the rim.  He gets blocked a helluva lot as he looks to avoid contact and somehow manages to make himself smaller than his 6'9" frame.  Go up, go strong, make contact.  Punish people.  Watch some Jayson Tatum film.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Heh Or Meh
« Reply #13259 on: September 07, 2020, 04:17:13 PM »

Jimmer Fredette announced via a social media video featuring his two kids that he will join the Shanghai Sharks for a second stint after his three-year run in China’s CBA between 2016 and 2019. – via EuroHoops.net

Jimmer Fredette 24 points vs. Knicks Full Highlights (2/12/14)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTc22SZs2Yw

Why The NBA Gave Up On Jimmer Fredette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XTZR126HOo
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1848