Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912898 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Heh Or Meh
« Reply #13260 on: September 07, 2020, 06:24:33 PM »

Why The NBA Gave Up On Jimmer Fredette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XTZR126HOo

That was a pretty crap video.  We see Jimmer playing terrific in various non-NBA settings.  The numbering didn't seem to make any sense.  The reasons were lame/unclear.  A bunch of nonsense really.

This vid on Jimmer's ups and downs is much better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zm6ZKrfRZs

In Shanghai, Jimmer was a one man team.  It was kind of crazy his usage rate.  But he sure could score and in many ways. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Heh Or Meh
« Reply #13261 on: September 07, 2020, 08:21:49 PM »

Why The NBA Gave Up On Jimmer Fredette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XTZR126HOo

That was a pretty crap video.  We see Jimmer playing terrific in various non-NBA settings.  The numbering didn't seem to make any sense.  The reasons were lame/unclear.  A bunch of nonsense really.

This vid on Jimmer's ups and downs is much better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zm6ZKrfRZs

In Shanghai, Jimmer was a one man team.  It was kind of crazy his usage rate.  But he sure could score and in many ways.

Agree

The video of him lighting up Woodson's Knicks is pretty fab, though. 

I think the inconsistent nature of his minutes entering the league stifled his growth in the NBA. 

I remember when my son in law and daughter were just emerging from San Diego State, Kawhi and jimmer had some pretty great encounters. 

PS: I've said this before and I'll say it again.  I thought the manner in which Kurt RamAss dissed Jimmer in the press, and refused to use him, hanbging him out to dry, was despicable.  I was at MSG for the one game he got in with Miras The Merciless, crowd was chanting for him, and he nailed his only shot, a long three. 

PPS: Did I say FUCK KURT RAMBIS?  Fuck him and Phool Jagoff.  Jimmer played well in Westchester, took his G League demotion/development like a man, and the Knicks fucked him over.  Not saying it was destiny, or that Kiid isn't delusional, but I've seen Jimmer in college and the pros when he was in his zone, and it was pretty cool.  Defense, and creating his own shot against bigger cats, surely did not work in his favor.  But hell, Isiah Thomas and other smaller guards have done okay.  The Kings were a bad match for him coming out of school. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13262 on: September 07, 2020, 09:12:11 PM »

Carlos-I hoped the emotion and intensity would return, and D and discipline usually travels really well, and hoped it would lead to a win, but I did not expect a blow-out.

That first half D was dominating. I might have to watch it again. It was that good.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Celtics
« Reply #13263 on: September 07, 2020, 09:51:38 PM »

Carlos-I hoped the emotion and intensity would return, and D and discipline usually travels really well, and hoped it would lead to a win, but I did not expect a blow-out.

That first half D was dominating. I might have to watch it again. It was that good.

Man oh man, I didn't see the game, but just looked up the box score, You obliterated the Raps. What happened?

All five Celts. starters plus Wanamaker in double-figure +/-
All five Raps. starters plus Powell in negative double-figure +/-

Me and Chamaco say AMAZING!
(Ok, I don't know about Chamaco)
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Celtics
« Reply #13264 on: September 07, 2020, 10:23:54 PM »

Man oh man, I didn't see the game, but just looked up the box score, You obliterated the Raps. What happened?

All five Celts. starters plus Wanamaker in double-figure +/-
All five Raps. starters plus Powell in negative double-figure +/-

Me and Chamaco say AMAZING!
(Ok, I don't know about Chamaco)

it was over in the the first half. The Celts were dominant both ends.

Short answer was the Celts gave up nothing easy and the Raps were missing 3s tonight (Celts weren't much better, about 33% -but a lot better than the 20% a couple of nights ago). BUT the transition game was great and led to a lot of good looks and easy hoops.

Celts answered

LOUDLY

Raps turn or...

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Celts
« Reply #13265 on: September 07, 2020, 11:16:35 PM »

What happened to the Raps. zone?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Celts
« Reply #13266 on: September 08, 2020, 12:02:38 AM »

What happened to the Raps. zone?

its easier to set up off a made hoop, and they weren't making hoops.

They got beaten down the court in transition game.

And the Celts attacked the hoop

The Celts had the energy tonight.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13267 on: September 08, 2020, 01:55:37 AM »

That’s one reason to like Vassell - his absolute foot speed and energy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: September 08, 2020, 10:58:02 AM »

Jimmer Fredette announced via a social media video featuring his two kids that he will join the Shanghai Sharks for a second stint after his three-year run in China’s CBA between 2016 and 2019. – via EuroHoops.net

Excellent!

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: September 08, 2020, 12:25:48 PM »

Jimmer Fredette announced via a social media video featuring his two kids that he will join the Shanghai Sharks for a second stint after his three-year run in China’s CBA between 2016 and 2019. – via EuroHoops.net

Excellent!

Well, he's got a fan base here, China pays the most outside the NBA, and I'm not even sure how many countries have their leagues up and running.  China had tow bubble sites in two different cities.  Not sure how it'll be for the new season here.  Probably the same.  Why bother with the hassle of travel unless they're going to allow fans. 

They could allow some limited capacity. But China has been careful and there's concern here that CV-19 could be seasonal and return this Winter in force, and that foreigners coming from other countries can bring the virus in.   Jimmer and other foreign players will likely have to quarantine for 2 weeks on arrival.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
PHANTASY ISLAND: Assuming OKC Is Committed To A Rebuild....
« Reply #13270 on: September 08, 2020, 05:51:23 PM »

"Make someone happy..."

Let's play pretend. 

I've seen a number of phantasmagorical trades involving us giving away our #8 pick this year and a host of players, and not necessarily Mills FA signings. 

Paul.  Conley.  Embid. 

K.  The Sixers are not trading Embid, and we have Mitchell.  Conley.  A good player, a very good player, in the last year of his contract. 

Chris Paul checks more boxes not simply for talent but for leadership and player development....and star power. 

Chip, you changing your mind? 

Mmmmm, yes and no...

Because I see a certain inevitability emerging about the Knicks making some sort of big splash, and bringing in a FA/Veteran Presence, someone to be Thibs' coach on the floor, who can play D, make others better, and stoke a culture. 

Do we have a culture in terms of talent to really take advantage of Paul's final two years? 

Mmmmmm, not really, but I see Rose wanting to re-boot, and give Thibs some tools to work with and to reboot the culture.   

Julius Randle
Wayne Ellington
Elfrid Peyton
Ignas Brazdeikis
Dallas 2023 #1

For Chris Paul

Okay, I'm meeting the Trader Vics on this Forum halfway. 

Paul has two more years to go at $41 and $44 Million. 

This trade saves OKC the final 44 million of Paul's contract in 2021-2022. 

All of the players they acquire can also all come off the cap in 2021-2022.  Randle gets an audition.  As do Iggy and Payton.  Ellington gives them a sniper to pair with Alexander. 

OKC has a shitload of #1 picks.  Enough to leverage a fresh new Free Agent to build around or get one in a trade. 

2020: Own pick, top-20 protected (goes to Philadelphia 76ers if it falls below 20th)
2020: Denver pick, top-10 protected
2021: Own pick
2021: Miami pick
2022: Own pick, top-10 protected (goes to Atlanta Hawks if it falls below 10th)
2022: Clippers pick
2023: Own pick, rights to swap with Clippers
2023: Heat pick, top-14 protected (goes to Thunder if it falls below 14th)
2024: Own pick
2024: Clippers pick
2024: Rockets pick, top-4 protected (goes to Thunder if it falls below 4th)
2025: Own pick, rights to swap with Clippers
2026: Own pick
2026: Clippers pick
2026: Rockets pick, top-4 protected (goes to Thunder if it falls below 4th)

I could easily see them shopping Paul, letting Gallo walk, even testing the waters for Schroeder [27] and Adams [27].  And be ready for free agency in 2021-2022. 

In any event, while Paul eats up oodles of cap space, as Thibs' top kick, he could see if Frank or Dennis have an upside before their 2021-2022 team option year. 

Not sure I see VanVleet leaving the Raptors. 

Now....the Knicks might make a serious run at Stretch Four Davis Bertans from the Wiz.  He could surely cost, and the Wiz are going to do their level best to re-up him.  Might be cheaper to keep Portis for one more season.  He is three years younger.  A better match at the 4-spot and as an occasional 5 than Randle with Robinson.  His defense notwithstanding. Shot .403% with more minutes for the Wiz the year before this.  Much better rebounder than Bertans, thought Bertans is clearly a better sniper    And it might be time to check Knox out at the 4, particularly with RJ and Bullock breathing down his neck at the 3, where issues as to his motor and quickness might be less of an issue in matchups. 

Who the Knicks draft at #8 could trigger everything including a run at Paul. 

If Hayes or Haliburton drop do they roll the dice?  Do they have as much upside as the unattainable Ball? 

In any event, time on my hand, not dying, so something to shake up the Forum.

Because at present, while I am quite keen on the people Rose has brought on board in terms of the front office and coaching staff, hard to see what direction the team takes in terms of pups and/or vets or some combo therein. 

I kind of doubt Rose wants the Knicks to suck on the level they have the past two years, and how, if at all, it might be feasible to make a run at the #8 playoff spot. 

We shall see. 

Welcome To Phantasy Island

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: September 08, 2020, 06:43:59 PM »

I thing getting someone with the upside of Knox would be necessary for Thunder, in addition to the one pick and cap relief post '20-'21.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13272 on: September 08, 2020, 08:33:58 PM »

I thing getting someone with the upside of Knox would be necessary for Thunder, in addition to the one pick and cap relief post '20-'21.

Agree. 

Thought I'd see if I could get them to bite on Iggy. 

I would like to give Knox some time with Coach Payne. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Speaking Of Kentucky In The House
« Reply #13273 on: September 08, 2020, 08:54:54 PM »

Miami nabbed Bam and Herro both with #14 picks.

Tyler is a MF. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: September 08, 2020, 09:38:35 PM »

Celts either couldnt or just didnt deal up 2 spots to get Herro.
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1848