Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908048 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Another fantasy
« Reply #13440 on: September 18, 2020, 10:42:54 AM »

Bank, just look at it this way:

I wish we were in the EC finals and being abused by Miami.

Feel better now?

Knick fans were never appreciative during the "so close" years.

They deserve what they get.

What the fuck are you posturing about? 

Art thou the only fan with integrity. 

Not

TRUE

At

ALL

Dearly Loved Riley's Finalists.

And the 1999 Over Achievers.

Trouble is, since Larry Johnson finally went OUCH, we have bounced around in a schizoid gala of quick fixes and desperate dunce capery. 

We had some teams on the brink over the past 20 years, but a pathetic binge of divestments in the LeBron outreach, trading David Lee, dumping Zach Randolph, gutting a young on the rise team surrounding Amare in the Melo trade. 

Loved when we had Rasheed Wallace and Kurt Thomas and Jason Kidd. 

So, later for that weak cheese about how we didn't deserve them 

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Another fantasy
« Reply #13441 on: September 18, 2020, 10:56:33 AM »

Bank, just look at it this way:

I wish we were in the EC finals and being abused by Miami.

Feel better now?

Not really Carlos-I don't like to lose, but if "you" or your team loses playing their best, I can deal with it.

But I really don't like undisciplined play, particularly from a team that plays with a lot of discipline. They melted down last night in the 3rd qtr and I really don't know why. And I'm not going to go through the pain of watching that bullshit again to figure it out.  These guys have all played against a Xone D, it was like they've never seen one before. I was posting elsewhere that I didn't like the la-di-da attitude they played with to end the 2nd qtr and it carried over and multiplied in the 3rd. This sucking in the 3rd qtr is a real problem.

Brad, as best as I can tell, wants his guys to figure it out on their own, and play through it, But sometimes he needs to be more proactive and help his guys. Even if it means getting pissed (and there were opportunities last night for a Brad temper tantrum T moment to show his guys he was pissed and had their back).

that bullshit Theis jump ball clock reset-WTF was that- it led to 4 Heat points and was pure bullshit-Brad should have lost his fucking mind on that bullshit call. 

I think the Celts playing smart hoops can get them back in this thing, but losing two games that were both winnable, and should have been won, will always sucks.

And good on Marcus for venting-it was overdue.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:58:24 AM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13442 on: September 18, 2020, 11:21:06 AM »

Trouble is, since Larry Johnson finally went OUCH, we have bounced around in a schizoid gala of quick fixes and desperate dunce capery.

You DENY the constant criticism of coaching/GM/certain players prior to this?  Even the critique of Ewing was over the top.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13443 on: September 18, 2020, 11:23:20 AM »

But I really don't like undisciplined play, particularly from a team that plays with a lot of discipline. They melted down last night in the 3rd qtr and I really don't know why.

Zero credit to Heat.  Typical.

You OVERRATE your team with your, "no way we should lose to a team like that" stance.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 11:25:29 AM by kiidcarter8 »

chipstern

• View Profile
Padre Riles & Erik Spoelstra
« Reply #13444 on: September 18, 2020, 11:26:36 AM »

Yes Brad's got his work to do, but to me, the series so far is less about Celtic failure — honestly, there's been a couple buckets that got friendly bounces that could have altered the outcomes — than the Heat's top down bottom up commitment to winning and excellence. The perfect fit for Butler, an extraordinary star who doesn't need a point to be happy and outworks everyone else on the court.

Thank you. 

LOVE the Heat team culture and unselfish style of play.  Savage team defense and calculated ball sharing and purposeful picks and movement and motion and finding the open man.   

Picked Philly's pocket in the Butler Trade.

Cashed in Michael Kidd Gilchrist 2.0 [the fine defender, horrific shooter, oft injured Justise Winslow], maxing his trade value in coming off of a good 2018-19 season and yet another injury, for veteran defensive ace/champion Andre Iguodala and .445 3Pt % shooter and tough ass defender Jae Crowder (who along with .401 3PT % center Kelly Olynyk, was jettisoned by the Celtics in their pursuit of Kyre Irving. 

Goran DRAGIC's second childhood.  BAM BAM, a modern depiction of the 5, raising his game to new levels. 

Oh, and drafting wisely, finding diamonds in the rough, committed player development and assembling a team ideally suited to play the modern NBA game. 

Knicks maybe the worst outside shooting team in the league?

Checking out the Heat's three point percentages is MIND BOGGLING. 

Team Leader Jimmy Butler during the regular season was NOT a good three point shooter, but was good for 20-7-6 and consistently penetrated and got to the line, converting an impressive 438-525, for a .834%, a trend that continues through the playoffs, where he HAS CAUGHT THE HEAT'S CONTAGIOUS THREE POINT GIDDYNESS. 

3Pt Shooting Anyone? 

Goran Dragic: .367%

Kelly Olynyk: 404%

Meyers Leonard: .414%

Kendrick Nunn: .350%

Tyler Herro: .389%   

Duncan Robinson: .446%

Jae Crowder: .445%

I mean, I dig the Celtics, but from top to bottom the Heat appear to simply be a better team. 

And looking to hang any of these losses on Brad Stevens, or play the blame game of pin the tail on the donkey with the Boston squad seems, well....the Celtics have been in both games, the back and forth has been dramatic and inspiring, but in a playoff series full of runs and counters, the Heat just seem to have an extra gear. 

A winning culture, forged through leadership from top to bottom, beginning with Pat Riley, on through the very underrated Coach Erik Spoelstra...how long have both been in Miami? 

What do winning cultures such as the Heat and the Spurs have in common? 

C
O
N
T
I
N
U
I
T
Y

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13445 on: September 18, 2020, 11:33:14 AM »

You DENY the constant criticism of coaching/GM/certain players prior to this?  Even the critique of Ewing was over the top.

You attributing this to the fans?

NO SALE. 

We had a Chief Operating Officer name of Dave Checketts, who once famously drove Mark Messier out of town with the brilliant quip, "How long are we supposed to pay for a Stanley Cup"  UNTIL HELL FREEZES OVER YOU MORMON DOUCHE.  He also allowed Riley to bolt. 

Checketts famously engineered the Ewing Trade Debacle, which basically set us upon the road to perdition. 

And to assert that ALL UNGRATEFUL KNICKS FANS were complicit in the ridiculous carping about how Ewing never won, blahblahblah, is a gross distortion of reality, and once again, would seem to position you as the last honest true blue Knicks fan.

Your premise is a straw dog. 

I will give you this, though....

One of the most disgraceful moments in NYC Media History, again, fueled by fucking Checketts, was when the awful Ewing Trade went down, seriously compromised by Checketts leaking the particulars to his buddies in the press, which led to a less advantageous deal....

I believe it was the right wing NY POST whose banner headline read: GOOD RIDDANCE. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13446 on: September 18, 2020, 11:41:45 AM »

But I really don't like undisciplined play, particularly from a team that plays with a lot of discipline. They melted down last night in the 3rd qtr and I really don't know why.

Zero credit to Heat.  Typical.

You OVERRATE your team with your, "no way we should lose to a team like that" stance.

Kid-I respect and credited the Heat-and have not disrespected them once. They've played great.

AS I TOLD YOU LAST NIGHT THE HEAT OUTPLAYED AND OUTCOACHED THE CELTS.

But the Celtics have also played just poorly enough to lose 2 close games.

My point was the about the Celts and losing a 14 point 4th qtr lead in G1 and a 17 point lead last night. Good teams playing smart disciplined basketball don't typically do that. They need to do a better job of closing out out atrs, halves and games.

As to my overating the Celts, they're one of 4 teams left in the NBA, and are fighting for a championship.

And were favored to win this series.

And as I recall, and as we've discussed on numerous chats, you consistently under-rate them and their players.

Typical.

heh

I think they can play much better than they have in the the first two games.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 11:48:06 AM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13447 on: September 18, 2020, 11:44:21 AM »

What do winning cultures such as the Heat and the Spurs have in common?

C
O
N
T
I
N
U
I
T
Y

Yeah - gotta find the right guy first

I think we have with Thibs - every reason to believe so.

I thought we had with Dantoni

We had with Pitino

And of course Pat and Jeff eventually left us.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13448 on: September 18, 2020, 01:56:47 PM »

So are we taking Harden if we get to keep Mitchell? 
Barrett+++ including this year's #8 overall but we get HOU's first #1 as well

How about for Russ?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13449 on: September 18, 2020, 02:45:55 PM »

huh?
Russbrook not a winner  …

Neither is Portis who makes lots of bad decisions.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13450 on: September 18, 2020, 05:44:10 PM »

huh?
Russbrook not a winner  …

Neither is Portis who makes lots of bad decisions.

Lordy.

Keep your day job. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Phantasy Camp
« Reply #13451 on: September 18, 2020, 06:19:01 PM »

Every day on my GOOGLE Feeds, there are rumors...

Well, actually clickbait blogger conjecture and phantasmagorical projections, more the product of shut-in wishing ain't fishing than reality. 

Here is an interesting one. 

Julius Randle & Elfrid Payton for KEVIN LOVE. 

Okay. 

Now I really dig Kevin Love. 

A prototypical stretch 4, who can board and facilitate and drain the 3-Ball. 

However....while he would make for a better fit than Randle....

*Just turned 32 years old. 

* In his final season with Minnesota, he drained 520-633 FTs for a  821 %.  Since then, while his percentage has increased, his number of attempts has decreased significantly.

* Has been beset by injuries the past four season with the Cavs, playing 60-59-22-56 [putting up 17.6-9.8-3.2 while converting 140-390 treys for a solid .374%, in keeping with his consistent career rate].

* He has game but he also has a very serious contract, due $31,258,256...31,258,256...28,942,830 through 2023. 

Seems like a side move to me, although one cannot fault his career numbers.  He competes and is a skilled player and a positive presence. 

No, he is not perfect. 

Randle and Peyton would give Cleveland some depth, talent and cap relief. 

Us?

If the Cavs tossed in this year's #1 pick, I might consider it. 

Then again....

Nah.  I would hope our predilection for big names, big contract, end of their career mirages has passed. 

Establish a system and continuity, and remain patient with our youth. 

Your thoughts?

PS: BoD apparently only endorses players who are dead perfect.  Russell Westbrook is incredibly competitive,  Bobby Portis is a skilled stretch 4-backup 5.

PPS: Can I think of better options?  Yes I can.  But Bo conveniently overlooks how much better Portis was playing with more consistent minutes down the stretch, after Morris had been traded.  WHAT THEN, ARE OUR VIABLE OPTIONS to replace Bobby moving into 2020-2021?  Oh, wait, I know....JAYLEN BROWN and Terry Rozier.  My bad. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #13452 on: September 18, 2020, 06:22:38 PM »

Let's not trade for anyone over 30.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13453 on: September 18, 2020, 06:35:40 PM »

Let's not trade for anyone over 30.

Thank you. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13454 on: September 18, 2020, 07:47:54 PM »

:Thoughts on Love?

Always wanted to see him here eventually

Always hearing how they don't want to trade him, except from the peanut gallery.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1847