Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 916403 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13470 on: September 21, 2020, 07:17:02 PM »

heh

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Again?
« Reply #13471 on: September 21, 2020, 08:17:54 PM »

heh

Chamaco, you repeat yourself a lot.

Mi nombre es Chamaco heh Cartero, y me repito mucho.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Turds Are Us?
« Reply #13472 on: September 21, 2020, 09:22:32 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but is "heh" your response to a young man popping his ACL? 

In the event that such is the case? 

There are no words.... 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13473 on: September 21, 2020, 09:58:44 PM »

Nope

Huge Barkley fan.

But Giants have other talent.  Thus your comment was amusing.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13474 on: September 22, 2020, 12:05:23 AM »

Is D.J. Augustin on the Knicks radar? 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Really?
« Reply #13475 on: September 22, 2020, 12:38:13 AM »

Nope

Huge Barkley fan.

But Giants have other talent.  Thus your comment was amusing.

Thus your go to comment shoulda been lol, not heh.

Chamaco Incoherente Cartero.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Saquon Barkley
« Reply #13476 on: September 22, 2020, 02:27:05 AM »

Broke my heart. 

Such a great talent and positive person. 

He and Daniel Jones were my motivation for watching these Giants.

Saquon going down hurt, and i'm sorry for the young man.
But it isn't as if Giants were churning out positive plays handing him the ball.
Jones short passing game is very good and spreading the ball around makes the offense much less predictable.
I don't know why, with defenses so keyed on Barkley, the Giants didn't throw MORE and use the defense's aggressive run stopping formations against them.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13477 on: September 22, 2020, 10:18:22 AM »

DION LEWIS era?

We'll see Sunday.

Though help appears on the way

https://sports.yahoo.com/giants-devonta-freeman-101102138.html

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13478 on: September 22, 2020, 12:53:45 PM »

Is D.J. Augustin on the Knicks radar?

????

chipstern

• View Profile
Rumors
« Reply #13479 on: September 22, 2020, 06:46:06 PM »

Bogdan Bogdanovic: 6'6"

Buddy Hield: 6'4" 

HoopsHYpe, your one stop shopping strip mall for news, rumors and conjecture, had some postings on these Sacramento Kings. 

BB a restricted free agent. 

This reporting indicated that Bogdanovich is curious and Buddy Hield is furious, as in I WANT TO START. 

Hield's next four years come in at $25, 23, 21 and 18 million. 

The CONJECTURE revolves around how do the Kings budget enough money to reup Marvin Bagley and DeAndre Fox if they are paying Hield starters money and looking to re-up Bogdanovic.

Both are 28 and in their prime. 

176   408   .431   

278   651   .427

271   688   .394   

Don't know that Hield is a draft oicks + expiring contracts option

But holy fuck, can he ever shoot the trey.  The above high usage numbers are from the last three seasons, and I have a distinct memory of Hield nuking us during one Knicks-Kings encounter. 

On the flip side, the scouting report on the 6'6" BB is of a multidimensional wing with facilitator skills who can man the 2-1-3, play defense and shootShootSHOOT.  Not quite at the unconscious level of a Hield, but on a team where the ball is being shared more readily than the talented Fox?

The money we will save by NOT GIVING Chris Paul $41 and 44 million for the next two seasons would be available to minimally offer Bogdonavich Timmy Hardaway money, which is likely what it will take. 

Kiid's assorted vocabulary of hehs and ?????s notwithstanding, there was a report on line which indicated that DJ Augustin was on the Knicks' radar, and as a career reserve PG who while on the diminutive side at 5'11" and defensively challenged, can get to the rack, convert his FTs at a high percentage (a career .865%), and the past four years with Orlando converted 3-poionters at a .347, .419, 421 and .348 clip.

More significantly, he is an unrestricted FA who was paid Payton money last season, and is credited with being a good mentor to Brother Fultz. 

Yes, we have had middling results with the likes of Ramon Sessions, Jarrett Jack and Elfrid Payton. 

But i get the distinct impression, that unlike Dimwit Hornacek's usage of Jack at the expense of Ntilikina's development, that this season French Frank is going to see meaningful minutes at the 2-1-3 spots and that Coaches Thibs and Bryant are going to be all in on getting into Dennis Smith's head, and back to how he was playing in the third of a season immediately after we first got him here.

All of which depends interdependent talent. 

Dennis Smith's ability to get to the rack and facilitate would surely benefit from the presence that dangerous shooters and three point threats, which at present are limited to Bullock and the largely unproven Brazdeikis and Knox, would offer in the way of wiggle room, not unlike how Barrett would benefit from someone who could consistently break down the defense and create cutting lanes. 

Free Agents and Draft Picks will likewise create a domino effect as far as final personnel decisions. 

The draft being in November, and the season unlikely to kick off until January. 

Yikes. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13480 on: September 22, 2020, 06:52:32 PM »

Dealing Frank and not reupping Payton leaves us with just one PG, thus - I guess - the Auggustin possible.

Whatev....

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13481 on: September 22, 2020, 08:12:42 PM »

By the way - do not discount Barrett as a 3 point shooter - 3.5 attempts per game a game at a 32% clip

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13482 on: September 22, 2020, 11:10:39 PM »

I’d like to come away from the draft with Deni and Tyler Bey. Mitch Deni Bey RJ and Frank would be a hell of a defensive and fast break team with multiple options for offensive focus. You’ve got 3 freak athletes with great instincts in Mitch Bey and Frank and two gritty grimy guys to hold it together in Deni and RJ.

If it comes to a Lakers - Heat finals, I’ll be rooting for Riley.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13483 on: September 23, 2020, 12:42:46 AM »

By the way - do not discount Barrett as a 3 point shooter - 3.5 attempts per game a game at a 32% clip

His form isn't good.   And most of his attempts are open as guys go under screens or leave him alone as they scramble on D.

I'd have to check but my impression is RJB had a handful of games where he was hot from deep and the vast majority where he clanked.  Would certainly be nice if he could get up to 35% or become fairly reliable from deep.   Would help his driving game.

Lotta the wings from that draft shot poorly from deep.   Reddish, Hunter I think too,  somebody else ...

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #13484 on: September 23, 2020, 12:54:28 AM »

I don't know how it works this year but I would like to see who we draft before we sign anyone.  Most years the draft is a week or so before the start of free agency.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 1848