Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 910655 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Charles Dolan
« Reply #13590 on: October 01, 2020, 05:55:02 PM »

Here Are the Billionaires Backing Donald Trump’s Campaign

#29 Charles & Helen Dolan

Net worth: $4.7 billion
Source of wealth: Cable television
Contributions: $125,000
Gave to 2016 Trump campaign? No

Cable pioneer Charles Dolan, along with his wife Helen and 6 children, owns controlling stakes in AMC Networks and The Madison Square Garden Company. Dolan sold Cablevision, the cable giant he launched in 1973 with 1,500 customers, to billionaire Patrick Drahi’s Altice for $17.7 billion in 2016. After dropping out of John Carroll University, the Cleveland native got his start creating sports newsreels for TV stations from his home. He moved to New York in 1952, making industrial films before wiring lower Manhattan with cable and founding HBO’s predecessor, which he sold in 1973. He is the chairman emeritus of the Lustgarten Foundation, the largest private funder of pancreatic cancer research in the world.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13591 on: October 01, 2020, 06:13:34 PM »

You totally missed the point.
Summer articles are fluff fluff fluff, and even a marginal talent like Jeffries was touted as having a great Summer
and in great shape and ready to contribute.  Maybe Randle is in great shape and focused, but usually out of the 100%
of the players who are said to be so in the Summer, it's roughly true of 10%.  Randle could use some body toning.

Yes, Randle is not my type of player, but I really tried to keep an open mind on him.  And was encouraged that he had
shot 3's relatively well the prior year.  But his 3's deserted him, and most such attempts last season made me cringe.
The Knix were a poor team and encouraged some of Randle's worst instincts -- such as bringing the ball upcourt and
calling his own number.

I still think he's a hard guy to fit in to a 5-man unit.  Which is also why it isn't easy to trade him.
He can beast smaller guys and has a soft touch.  Though those blind spins can be an adventure.
With more commitment on D, I could live with Randle.
If we keep Randle, Thibs should try to get Julius and Mitch working in tandem.
Though our G deficiency is going to thwart progress on the O.
Randle's near 20 & 10 was probably the most dispiriting I've seen.
Again, not all his fault, as our team was wonky, especially at G.

No, your slow news day revelations did not elude me. 

Nor your willingness to deploy it in order to weaponize your disdain for a player who triggers your gag reflex, one which is shared by other forumites. 

I do not agree on Randle any more than I did on Jamal and Zach, and I was really bugged by invoking Jared Jefferies, which I took to be a cheap shot/low blow. 

The manner in which Fizz deployed him was fucking absurd, and did neither Julius nor the Knicks any favors.  Nor was the chaotic, night by night confusion of a roster over crowded with redundancies, and lacking in balance. 

And your insistence that Julius could use some body toniing, well, as we say in poker, THAT IS A TELL.  Not of Julius, but of you.  And not simply a cheap shot, but an utter absurdity.  But hey, don't let that stop you in pursuit of an argument. 

We've been friends for a long time, so this too shall pass, but in elucidating your visions of perfection, one you share with other Knicks fans, there is a tendency to demonize Randle, accentuate his shortcomings while overlooking his strengths, as if a double double night after night is just an illusion. 

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 06:45:46 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
PS
« Reply #13592 on: October 01, 2020, 06:44:16 PM »

Is Thibs playing a disingenuous double game with Julius to boost his trade value?

Perhaps. 

That however, is not my reading of Thibs, as my key takeaway from his comments were what he perceived to be Randle's leadership. 

CLEARLY, a coach's job is to create a setting in which the Knicks accentuate Julius' strengths while papering over his weaknesses, and seeking ways to make his pairing with Robinson more effective...STAY TUNED.  Everyone puts that on Julius.  Well, if Mitchell could develp and deploy an effective jumper from 12-18 feet, that would open up driving lanes, and pick and roll possibilitiesfor both Mitchell and Randle, as lanes to the hoop become more tenable, and defenders could no longer cheat off of them.

Other things that could make Julius more effective? 

Outside shooting and more outside shooting, so he is not facing double and triple teams down in low post-midrange zone. 

Whether that comes from Knox and Bullock and Barrett and Brazdeikis?  Not looking good at the moment. 

And of course, some reliable, dependable PG rudder, preferably, while offering dependable outside shooting and drive to the lane threats.  Again, not looking all that clear at the moment. 

Reliable outside shooting with a clear and present and persistent-consistent threat of three pointers from the corner?  PGs who can guide, score, facilitate ball movement, motion, spacing and easy baskets?  Development of our miracle second rounder at center and our core lottery picks Ntilikina, Knox and Barret,(perhaps even our other second rounders Dotson and Brazdeikis). 

Our undrafted G-Leaguers Wooten and Harper. 

And God only knows how the #8, #27 and #38 picks play out. 

Among players who might slip, and whom intrigue ME, there are questions about Haliburton's slender frame, but he could give us a good defender capable of playing point or off guard and hitting threes, though his abillity to create for himself is also an issue.  Vassell could prove a 3 & D wing with defensive tenacity and a terrific three-point stroke. 

Not sure the #1 or #2 picks will be in play, least ways, they would prove costly. 

I believe Ball is the #1 pick, not Edwards.  Would Golden State pass on Edwards to choose Wiseman or even Avdija (though with Wiggins in tow, not sure how THAT would play out, even in the small ball era. 

After the first three picks, the next ten are anyone's guess.  Conceivably both Killian Hayes and Haliburton could be gone by the time we pick. 

In any event, the narrative in which somehow it is Julius Randle's failings which are dragging us down are highly suspect. 

It's up to Thibs to sort it all out, and opotimize what we have. 

Again, his comments about Randle's leadership are interesting. 

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 06:52:20 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Doc 2.1
« Reply #13593 on: October 01, 2020, 06:58:55 PM »

After a rapid courtship and negotiation, Doc Rivers has reached agreement on a deal to become the next coach of the Philadelphia 76ers, sources told ESPN on Thursday. Rivers’ deal with the Sixers comes only three days after departing the LA Clippers — and returns him to the Atlantic Division where he’ll be a principal rival of the Boston Celtics, where Rivers won an NBA title in 2009 as coach. via Adrian Wojnarowski @ ESPN

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13594 on: October 01, 2020, 10:27:35 PM »

Vernon Carey
Carey was extremely steady all year for Duke. He lacks elite speed and athleticism, but has a lot of smoothness to his game with touch to finish and shows a no nonsense approach. He came into college as one of the highest rated recruits, having spent time as the top player in his class according to certain recruiting analysts. He shot very few three pointers and there’s still some question about how well he will be able to extend his shot out to the perimeter and become an effective face up scorer. But there are signs that he can improve in this area, as he has good form and solid fundamentals in his shooting stroke. Carey has decent length at 6’10 in shoes with a 7’1 wingspan.

Why the Heat take Vernon Carey: The Heat made a big splash with their rookie additions in 2019, all of which were guards (Kendrick Nunn, Tyler Herro, and Duncan Robinson) that contributed. if they hold onto the 20th pick, there’s a good chance that they will look at adding a big that the can develop behind and complement the skill set of Bam Adebayo. Point guard is another possibility. Carey still needs to develop as a shooter, but the upside is there for him to become a steal in the latter half of the first round

I will laugh so hard if this happens

chipstern

• View Profile
DAFT LOTTERY--Donald Trump, Super Spreader Editon
« Reply #13595 on: October 02, 2020, 12:06:55 AM »

The Nesting Doll Of Doom That Is Donald Trump Just Won The DAFT LOTTERY.

Hope Hicks Tested Positive This Morning For COVID-19, She Is Symptomatic, And The Belligerent, Non-Mask Wearing Toddler Has Now Begun The Quarrantine Process.

But Not Before A Possibly Symptomatic Presidential Visit To His Bedminster Club This Afternoon For A Fundraiser.

And an Al Smith Dinner where Trump, without ironty, insisted that "The end of the pandemic is in sight." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-1TBu-J01g

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:33:29 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
ROFL
« Reply #13597 on: October 02, 2020, 02:13:27 PM »

See ya soon, little buddy!

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
MEANWHILE
« Reply #13598 on: October 02, 2020, 10:17:31 PM »

Chamaco Cartero is praying ...

Maybe he'll change his siggy now, who knows?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 10:20:03 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13599 on: October 03, 2020, 01:42:11 AM »

Props to the Heat for not folding.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• View Profile
The Supreme (Court) Super Spreader Event
« Reply #13600 on: October 03, 2020, 02:22:59 AM »

even I couldn't have imagined a finer finale for Donald the ass-clown's summer death tour for people of kiid's IQ only:

23 POSITIVE COVID TESTS: 1+2. President & Melania Trump 3. Bill Stepien, Trump campaign mgr 4. Hope Hicks 5. Kellyanne Conway 6. Sen. Mike Lee 7. Sen. Thom Tillis 8. Ronna McDaniel 9. Notre Dame Pres. Jenkins 10-12. Three WH reporters 13-23. Eleven staffers frm Cleveland debate

LMAO......AND COUNTING
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
The Train Keepsa Roling...
« Reply #13601 on: October 03, 2020, 02:10:18 PM »

add, Really Really LMFAO, add

Chris Christie
to the as freaking ass-hat stoopid as Kiid, just got me some of that rona via the Supreme Court Super Spreader Event Aftermath   list.

(he really does need to hook up with Herman, that one, really does)

lesterluv

• View Profile
come on down to the Kiid Carter ass-clown I am a fucking moron club:
« Reply #13602 on: October 03, 2020, 02:12:44 PM »

Senator Ron Johnson

Anybody counting...? Talk about a blow out finish to the tour! Yippppppeee aye aaaaay.............

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #13603 on: October 03, 2020, 03:37:42 PM »

Props to the Heat for not folding.

yup, they didn't..but they're absolutely f'd. Shame about those injuries. Got to savor these last two games before the long wait begins again.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: come on down to the Kiid Carter ass-clown I am a fucking moron club:
« Reply #13604 on: October 03, 2020, 05:35:35 PM »

Senator Ron Johnson

Anybody counting...? Talk about a blow out finish to the tour! Yippppppeee aye aaaaay.............

Every story like this, involving assaults on security, ethics, honesty, legality, norms, and common sense since the advent of trumpistan, the republican junta paradise, has emerged like an iceberg with only ten percent initially visible above the waves.

Sloppiness, dishonesty, and a boundless sense of entitlement on the part of the principals, combined with very basic virology and immunology, suggest this story has further chapters.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 1847