Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 921 922 [923] 924 925 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 907627 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13830 on: October 22, 2020, 11:07:12 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Cliche or Axiomatic?
« Reply #13831 on: October 22, 2020, 11:30:53 AM »

I'll be interested to see if any team can win big with a C as their best or 2nd best player.

Lol...ask the Nuggets or Lakers, who everybody in the West will be trying to figure out how to match up against or get by. Yeah, if you want the music to stop early, go small, the big man is dead for sure.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Bigs
« Reply #13832 on: October 22, 2020, 12:44:14 PM »

Size STILL MATTERS. 

I was always baffled by the Rockets dumping Capela, who was a skilled agile big. 

And while I don't share BoD's snarky disdain for Westbrook, the weaponization of the Small Ball Epoch is a load of crap. 

Obviously, the modern era of the Stretch 4 & 5 is significant. 

Nikola.  AD.  Jurkic.  Vukavic.  Porzingis. 

But the Lakers had SIGNIFICANT SIZE UP FRONT. 

Davis, Kuzma, McGee, Howard.  I mean, come on, Stretchers and Beasts, both played a signficant part. 

I mean, the notion that the Sixers should dump Embid is LUDICROUS.  They could surely use some better shooters around him and Ben. 

It will be interesting to see how Mitchell evolves.  He does so many things well, but my God, that roll to the hoop game would be far more effective if he had a 12-15 foot jumper. 

In terms of BIGS, the future would seem to be towards more mid-sized bigs in the Bill Russell-Willis Reed-Wes Unself trad who were in the 6'7", 6'8", 6'9" country.   

Capela...and of course, BAM, the seminal prototype moving forward.  Closest thing we presently have to BAM is Kenny Wooten, who has shown be can be a defensive force, but has much to prove on the offensive end.   

And I think Bo dressing down Ayton is BS.  He has come a long way in two seasons, and Phoenix under Monty Williams had one hell of an impressive run in the bubble.  Whereas Bagley's evolution has been kind of stilted. 

Agree that backup centers can be plentiful and had on the cheap.  I'd be kind of interested in Biyombo at bargain basement prices. 

But the idea that the likes of Wilt, Kareem, Thurmond, Lanier are somehow obsolete is some flavor of the month dookie. AS is the notion that a down low post game is passe.  All hail the trey, but BALANCE still works.  Look at the Lakers.  Of course, LeBron and AD.  But Dwight gave them BIG IMPORTANT MINUTES. 

Though in all candor, the modern bigs most teams would cherish are in the Spencer Haywood, Elvin Hayes, Jerry Lucas, Tim Duncan, Bob McAdoo, Dave Cowens, Kevin McHale, Kevin Garnett, Kevin Durant, Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas, Amare Stoudamire Hybrid Mode.   

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Bigs
« Reply #13833 on: October 22, 2020, 12:49:03 PM »

Size STILL MATTERS. 

I was always baffled by the Rockets dumping Capela, who was a skilled agile big. 

And while I don't share BoD's snarky disdain for Westbrook, the weaponization of the Small Ball Epoch is a load of crap. 

Obviously, the modern era of the Stretch 4 & 5 is significant. 

Nikola.  AD.  Jurkic.  Vukavic.  Porzingis. 

But the Lakers had SIGNIFICANT SIZE UP FRONT. 

Davis, Kuzma, McGee, Howard.  I mean, come on, Stretchers and Beasts, both played a signficant part. 

I mean, the notion that the Sixers should dump Embid is LUDICROUS.  They could surely use some better shooters around him and Ben. 

It will be interesting to see how Mitchell evolves.  He does so many things well, but my God, that roll to the hoop game would be far more effective if he had a 12-15 foot jumper. 

In terms of BIGS, the future would seem to be towards more mid-sized bigs in the Bill Russell-Willis Reed-Wes Unself trad who were in the 6'7", 6'8", 6'9" country.   

Capela...and of course, BAM, the seminal prototype moving forward.  Closest thing we presently have to BAM is Kenny Wooten, who has shown be can be a defensive force, but has much to prove on the offensive end.   

And I think Bo dressing down Ayton is BS.  He has come a long way in two seasons, and Phoenix under Monty Williams had one hell of an impressive run in the bubble.  Whereas Bagley's evolution has been kind of stilted. 

Agree that backup centers can be plentiful and had on the cheap.  I'd be kind of interested in Biyombo at bargain basement prices. 

But the idea that the likes of Wilt, Kareem, Thurmond, Lanier are somehow obsolete is some flavor of the month dookie. AS is the notion that a down low post game is passe.  All hail the trey, but BALANCE still works.  Look at the Lakers.  Of course, LeBron and AD.  But Dwight gave them BIG IMPORTANT MINUTES. 

Though in all candor, the modern bigs most teams would cherish are in the Spencer Haywood, Elvin Hayes, Jerry Lucas, Tim Duncan, Bob McAdoo, Dave Cowens, Kevin McHale, Kevin Garnett, Kevin Durant, Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas, Amare Stoudamire Hybrid Mode.

Would be a mitzvah if'n we could add Julius Randle to that list.  A real challenge to Thibs and Payne and Bryant and Woodson.  Sure I am in the minority here, but he was just getting into a really good rhythm when the season came to a screeching halt. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13834 on: October 22, 2020, 12:58:52 PM »

I dont disagree, but when would you design a play for a Mitch jumper?

Back to basket skillsaet much more important.  Gets you to the line.  And gets much desired layups and dunks

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13835 on: October 22, 2020, 01:01:35 PM »

Braz actually has that type game - though with about half the strength.

Will be interesting to see how Thibs assesses Iggy.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Bigs
« Reply #13836 on: October 22, 2020, 01:11:11 PM »

They were the breakout team of the pre-playoff bubble — so fun to watch — and they sure as hell didn't do it by going small. When Ayton stepped out, Kaminsky came in, who, when I last checked, was still 7'1" tall.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13837 on: October 22, 2020, 01:38:03 PM »

Bagley will be fine as well.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #13838 on: October 22, 2020, 05:40:45 PM »

I'm hoping that Bullock and Gibson survive whatever wheeling and dealing go down.  The best of that veteran bunch, IMO.

Taj is probably staying as he's a respected vet and a Thibs guy who can help with the lockerroom.  Makes sense to not pick up his option and then resign him for less.

Sounds good on paper but in reality its a risk.  He could leave for elsewhere or he could demand more years in exchange for taking less.  I don't think this option is even entertained unless he is making room for a superstar/friend.

Does this maneuver ever happen just because management decides it wants to save money? 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13839 on: October 22, 2020, 08:47:14 PM »

Didnt Rondo have a team option that wasnt picked up before he signed for 2 years?

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13840 on: October 22, 2020, 08:59:45 PM »

Didnt Rondo have a team option that wasnt picked up before he signed for 2 years?

Rondo has a player option. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13841 on: October 22, 2020, 09:02:38 PM »

Yes.  Second year of current pact after he finished the other, where I think he made 9 mil, not 2.5

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13842 on: October 22, 2020, 09:05:51 PM »

2.6 option for 20-21. 

Avery Bradley and Pope also have player options. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #13843 on: October 22, 2020, 09:34:49 PM »

Rondo signed a two year deal for 2.5 mil per year precisely to play with a superstar on a contending team.
Maybe Taj Gibson will do the same thing next year.

Unless we pick up his option.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Rondo's previous contract had no option
« Reply #13844 on: October 22, 2020, 11:19:00 PM »

Report: Rajon Rondo, Lakers Agree to 1-Year Contract After LeBron James Deal. Rajon Rondo is on the move once again, as he came to terms Monday a one-year, $9 million contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, per Yahoo Sports' Shams Charania.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1013895897820917763?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1013895897820917763%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3%2Ccontainerclick_0&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thebirdwrites.com%2F2018%2F7%2F2%2F17528650%2F2018-nba-free-agency-pelicans-options-rajon-rondo-lakers-tyreke-evans-shabazz-harris-felton-jack
Pages: 1 ... 921 922 [923] 924 925 ... 1847