Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912475 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: QUESTION AND ANSWER
« Reply #13890 on: October 27, 2020, 12:50:08 PM »

I have seen or heard nothing that convinces me this is a direction we are pursuing.

What ever do you think we are going to do with our cap space?

Maybe we will be saying NO to players because they are too good.

Yeah, that works.

Please. 
As for 2020?
... ... ...
             ... ... ...
In any event, oh Grand Vizeer, who have YOU TARGETTED as realistic free agent or trade options for the Knicks?

Easy!!!
As a self-appointed spokesperson for Chamaco Cartero...
CP3 and Jimmer Fredette

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13891 on: October 27, 2020, 12:59:36 PM »

Oladipo has just the one year left - and unless he had a real fine and healthy season in '21 I wouldnt be dropping the money bags on him

I'd appreciate your not putting those words in my mouth.  He'd be risky.

With Chris Paul you know what you'd be getting and at the price for 2 years.  He'd be a boost both to your youth process and your win total.

But then what?

Problem is its tough getting players on the RISE when you dont have that carrot to dangle (see Paul George being dangled to Indiana when thery nabbed Victor and Sabonis).

And you're not getting GREAT just by drafting.

Key is a mixed bag - nailing the DRAFT, a key trade and a free agent signing all at the same time.  Some players blossoming sure helps - that old PLAYER DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT at work

Brooklyn would be an example, as would Boston.  But even they aren't necessarily there yet.

When you cant succeed totally you dont stop succeeding partially.  We dont KNOW how much Barrett and Robinson and our #8 pick will advance in short time.  We need to assume they will - and ADD THE PIECES that take us to the next level if they do - not shy away from such. 

You want Randle here but not at the forefront?  That would be fine with you for 2 years?  You think he'd be  a nice piece if he just doesnt try to do too much?  OK, make it happen.  Adding a Paul or anotehr player (Oladipo if you want to run that "risk" for just 21 mil) and nailing the #8 could make that so.

As you were.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13892 on: October 27, 2020, 01:15:17 PM »

On February 9, 2004, Wallace was traded to the Atlanta Hawks along with Wesley Person for Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Theo Ratliff and Dan Dickau. Wallace played only one game for the Hawks, scoring 20 points through three quarters. He also had six rebounds, five blocks, two assists and a steal in a close loss on the road against the New Jersey Nets, though he did not score in the fourth quarter. Wallace was again traded, in a deal that saw him go from the Hawks along with guard Mike James from the Celtics to the Pistons. In turn, Detroit sent guards Chucky Atkins, Lindsey Hunter and a first-round draft pick to Boston and guard Bob Sura, center Željko Rebrača and a first-round draft pick to Atlanta. Boston also sent forward Chris Mills to Atlanta to complete the deal.

Good trade for the Hawks.  They went on to ten straight playoff appearances including an EC Finals - the first seven during the Josh Smith (IN THE TRADE) era.

Too bad we dont have a Wallace (or an Abdur Rahim) to deal.  Hopefully we are good enough where RJ isnt our trade chip to rebuild 5 years down the line.  Hopefully we build it WITH RJ.

You ask me who I want in free agency?  I have already said - I trust the new brain trust - will give them a chance to show their vision.  Maybe it is in trade acq. rather than FA.  Maybe a trade up from 8, maybe a trade down.

If you want to ask me about a certain player I will surely answer.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 01:36:25 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13893 on: October 27, 2020, 01:39:28 PM »

As for now -

Yeah, we want Fred Van Vleet

But we are not showing our hand all-in.  On FVV OR on Paul.

Why?  We are giving the confidence to DSJ - a leadership trait he will need if he ends up being the starting PG

You dont want him thinking he is the afterthought, that he only has the job because Knicks missed out on a guy they had to have.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #13894 on: October 27, 2020, 01:57:08 PM »

DSJ has to compete for whatever job he gets.  He's not a penciled-in rotation guy.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13895 on: October 27, 2020, 02:03:08 PM »

True

He loses the job as soon as we decide to keep Payton.

But gets it back if we decide to let Elfrid go.

Thanks for the correction.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13896 on: October 28, 2020, 06:44:55 AM »

The New York Knicks made a lot of mistakes in 2019, but perhaps the most avoidable was their ill-advised refusal to take on bad contracts in exchange for assets. The Knicks were so deadset on signing too many power forwards that they missed the opportunity to take on Andre Iguodala's contract when the Golden State Warriors were desperate to get it off of their books. The Memphis Grizzlies capitalized, getting a first-round pick from the Warriors for their troubles before flipping Iguodala to Miami for Justise Winslow at the trade deadline. The cap space the Knicks spent on others, meanwhile, led to yet another lottery appearance.

Fortunately, it seems as if the Leon Rose regime has learned from Steve Mills' mistakes. According to SNY's Ian Begley, the Knicks have made it known that they are willing to absorb bad contracts in exchange for assets. As their cap space is virtually limitless this offseason, that would theoretically make them a player for almost any bad contract in basketball... for the right price.

That price should be quite high. This is undoubtedly a seller's market when it comes to cap space. Only four teams are expected to have anything close to max cap space: the Knicks, Pistons, Hornets and Hawks. Far more teams, however, are going to be dealing with pandemic-induced financial issues. Whether that involves the luxury tax, long-term savings or the need for more immediate space is immaterial. The Knicks should have plenty of interested customers for their space.

They also posit that it could help save the Knix from themselves as then they won't trade away assets for an aging star such as CP3 or Westbrook as in Knix years past.

A number of us were advocating the Knox take on some dreck in order to get picks or a young player in the deal.  ATL smartly did some of that. 

Caveat: MEMf also sent Crowder to MIA and he was an important part of their turnaround. 

Finances around the league could make the NYK cap space quite valuable.  Another side benefit: we'd definitely ditch Portis and Ellington.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13897 on: October 28, 2020, 08:24:43 AM »

That 2024 Golden State first rounder sure will be juicy

heh

Memphis now, courtesy of thoise deals, had Dieng's 17 mil for one year along with Winslow's 2/26 remaining

Wave those Grizzlie pom poms.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13898 on: October 28, 2020, 09:45:21 AM »

Knicks likely to make a Bertans offer

How much do you think cash-strapped Wiz will be willing to match?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13899 on: October 28, 2020, 10:43:54 AM »

That 2024 Golden State first rounder sure will be juicy

heh

Surely could be, only 1-4 protected and just 1 protected the subsequent year.

Exactly what we should do a lot of.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13900 on: October 28, 2020, 10:54:10 AM »

That pick will be 25-30.

lesterluv

• View Profile
Ass Hat of the Millennium Burps Again
« Reply #13901 on: October 28, 2020, 11:16:01 AM »

lol, you know that now, just like this year's GS pick was, right?
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13902 on: October 28, 2020, 12:38:56 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Ass Hat of the Millennium Burps Again
« Reply #13903 on: October 28, 2020, 12:42:45 PM »

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: Ass Hat of the Millennium Burps Again
« Reply #13904 on: October 28, 2020, 02:01:24 PM »

lol, you know that now?

yes

lol, there's no need to prove yourself everyday. You already won the prize — nobody can take it away!
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 1848