Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 927 928 [929] 930 931 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 911442 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13920 on: October 29, 2020, 05:35:01 PM »

What's the point of Toppin?
We already have a near 20 & 10 PF who plays poor D.
So then you need to move Randle.
While both Randle and Toppin seem like they can only play one position.

Just 1-2 more years of Randle, tops.

And frankly you'd be hoping Toppin is better while being cheaper.

Anyone you add this year through draft is a likely 6th to 8th man anyway early on - unless we deal up.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13921 on: October 29, 2020, 05:36:11 PM »

Fac's idea is fine - not sure what else it would take - and also not so sure SA divests itself of DeRozen for cheap.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: BoD
« Reply #13922 on: October 29, 2020, 05:38:36 PM »

Time to GET FUCKING SMART. 

Knicks new GM Leon Rose formerly with CAA rife with Kentucky connections.
Rose's frontman Worldwide Wes is good friends with Kentucky coach John Calipari.
Knicks then go ahead and hire Kentucky assistant coach Kenny Payne.
Knicks already with Kentucky alumns Julius Randle and Kevin Knox on board...

Reading the tea leaves... 
-I think it is unlikely that either Randle or Knox are traded.
-Knicks will hold on to their cap space so they can be in the market for TRADES for stars in the future AD, KAT, BOOKER
-Knicks won't use Free Agency on cap clogging contracts. Saving a good chunk or using a chunk on short/movable contracts in case one of those guys becomes available.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13923 on: October 29, 2020, 06:13:40 PM »

Randle + Knox + Jr. Smith can all go.  Franc too.  Along with anyone whose option we could pick up.  And for the right player I'd also move RJB or Mitch.

Lost me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13924 on: October 29, 2020, 07:04:30 PM »

2 draft night deals in the same vein,

Spurs send DeRozan + #11 for Portis + #27 (they can keep Bobby or let him go to save the 15 mil)

Jazz send Conely + #23 for Payton + #38

We draft #8, #11, and #23 this year

We can start

Conely, Barrett, DeRozan, Randle, and Robinson

We can keep our talented youth and most effective vets to mix with the draft picks off the bench.

I’d sweeten either deal with future pick swap options, but very little else, possibly next year’s second rounder, Iggy, or DSJ.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13925 on: October 29, 2020, 07:31:24 PM »

Jazz went to a G7 against DEN with one starter missing.
They have 2 all-stars at key positions.
I don't see why they'd decide they don't want their starting PG anymore.
Besides the team was just sold for almost $2B.
And their first move is going to be to gut the team to save money?

A more likely target could be Hayward, making $34M, with the Celts over the lux tax and not really needing him.  Not sure we have pieces they want, but Taj and Elf (combined $17M) could fit there.  A reliable vet backup Big and a solid backup PG.
They have lots of young guys who barely find court time, so vets would be their want.
But the main impetus would be to get under the cap, while adding functional pieces.

Knix would get one year of pricey Haywire, and be first in line to retain his services at a more reasonable rate (say $18M).  Nice all-around player who would help with ballhandling, movement and shooting.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13926 on: October 29, 2020, 09:18:09 PM »

Sign and trade for Hayward - maybe to Pacers has been mentioned - as has a rip it up, give me a longer deal with Celts.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13927 on: October 29, 2020, 10:45:41 PM »

RE:   Aforementioned Robert Woodard

https://hoopshype.com/2020/10/25/nba-prospect-robert-woodard-when-im-on-the-court-im-a-different-person-im-relentless/

RW: Considering my skill on the defensive end, I’m a 3-and-D guy. I feel like I can switch the one through five and hold my own as well. I take defense personally. I get offended when people score on me. But I can really give the credit to my freshman year, practicing with Quinndary Weatherspoon every day. He really made me a better defender. I learned ankles and learn different moves and how to cut people off. I feel like it will translate well to the next level, especially with the guard play that we had in practice as well as in games going against great. I feel like my defense will translate very well.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13928 on: October 30, 2020, 03:43:15 AM »

I’ll happily take Gordon from the Celts if they’re shipping us the 17th pick as payment for cleaning their cap.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13929 on: October 30, 2020, 08:25:20 AM »

Danny says PASS.  And doesn't pick up the phone when you next call.

Lets talk about things more realistic

About Chris Paul......

I actually think it makes sense OKC keep him.  Deals will be available later on should the Thunder fizzle even a little.  No telling how strong they come out of the gate.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13930 on: October 30, 2020, 10:51:33 AM »

Yeah they have a sweet little team that's fun for the fans to watch. And a future that's sweetened by 15 first round picks and swaps over the next 5-6 years. I'm sure everybody's available, but don't see them in any kind of a hurry to do anything until they get an offer they love.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: OH NOOOOO!!!!!
« Reply #13931 on: October 30, 2020, 11:58:49 AM »

I am considering dropping this site after the election.

Anybody interested in taking on the moderator position if/when I go?

If so, drop me a PM letting me know why you'd want that joy-inducing power. Thanks.

Please don’t do it.

I understand it’s probably a lot of work for too few of us.

But some of us really enjoy this site, at least I know I do. And you’re it’s creator. It would never be the same if someone else takes over.

Imagine if Chamaco Cartero becomes the moderator. I’ll probably be the first one banned from here. Unless you make him swear over Trump’s dead body that he won’t do that.

Now, seriously, PLEASE DON’T GO!

Carlos, Josh-who-created-Escape_from_Elba is not me. (Otherwise, I would have ADMIN powers and be all powerful... bwa ha ha ha!)

And once I hand over what meager power I have, I don't imagine a promise to me would be worth a damn no matter what he swore over...

Our founder has not been seen in these parts in years except for a postless visit about 15 months ago, I think. I know I haven't heard from him, even out of here, for quite a while.

I would surely hope that you would reconsider and continue to keep this Jurasic Park for Baby Boomers intact and frothing. 

In any, event, should you go, thanks for the ride. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13932 on: October 30, 2020, 12:00:23 PM »

What's the point of Toppin?
We already have a near 20 & 10 PF who plays poor D.
So then you need to move Randle.
While both Randle and Toppin seem like they can only play one position.

I think we need to land a top FA, hit on the draft and try to make a trade splash.

FA:
I'd make a big offer to Capt Van Vleet -- up to $22M a year.
If that fails, I'd try for Bogdanovic @ ~ $18M

Draft:
Vassal; Halliburton.  Hayes or Okongwu if available.
#27 pick -- Kira, Malachi, Tre Jones or Saddiq Bey

Add in FVV + Vassell and our shooting and D improves.  And we'd have a lead guard.  Sure I overpay for that.

Add FVV and Halliburton and our G play improves greatly, better ballhandling and passing and shooting.

Add Bodgan and Vassell/TyH -- shooting and ballhandling upgrade

Trade:
Randle + Knox + Jr. Smith can all go.  Franc too.  Along with anyone whose option we could pick up.  And for the right player I'd also move RJB or Mitch.

Lord. 

Seek a higher dosage for your dotage. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 06:48:57 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13933 on: October 30, 2020, 12:30:58 PM »

Rachel Nichols podcast today - pretty cool.

Richard Jefferson insisting Thibs will look straight away to be competitive.

They did have some chuckles about NY being where bad deals go to die.

No draft talk this episode, sadly.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: OH NOOOOO!!!!!
« Reply #13934 on: October 31, 2020, 01:25:49 AM »

I am considering dropping this site after the election.

Anybody interested in taking on the moderator position if/when I go?

If so, drop me a PM letting me know why you'd want that joy-inducing power. Thanks.

Please don’t do it.

I understand it’s probably a lot of work for too few of us.

But some of us really enjoy this site, at least I know I do. And you’re it’s creator. It would never be the same if someone else takes over.

Imagine if Chamaco Cartero becomes the moderator. I’ll probably be the first one banned from here. Unless you make him swear over Trump’s dead body that he won’t do that.

Now, seriously, PLEASE DON’T GO!

Carlos, Josh-who-created-Escape_from_Elba is not me. (Otherwise, I would have ADMIN powers and be all powerful... bwa ha ha ha!)

And once I hand over what meager power I have, I don't imagine a promise to me would be worth a damn no matter what he swore over...

Our founder has not been seen in these parts in years except for a postless visit about 15 months ago, I think. I know I haven't heard from him, even out of here, for quite a while.

Just a reminder that http://knicksmecca.blogspot.com/ is available to all of you as authors. I think Chip and Carlos already have those credentials.

It is what you make of it.  Anyone interested in posting and toking can provide an email address I can contact you at and you're in.
Pages: 1 ... 927 928 [929] 930 931 ... 1847