Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 919282 times)

PrezIke

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1410 on: October 24, 2018, 08:45:57 PM »

Kanter's cap hold is massive.

So big I heard from the guy who does Knicks Film School that we basically can't sign any other players this summer if we don't renounce him.

I don't think he's sticking around, baring some strange set of circumstances.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 08:53:29 PM by PrezIke »

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: October 24, 2018, 08:49:39 PM »

Meanwhile Frank not convincing enough. My sense is most likely projected now as a 3 & D type of player.

I hear folks say he's a SF now, but he doesn't rebound.

And he's still so tentative.

I find it interesting Breen and MSG wanted to point out him getting mad at making a bad pass. Normally that's a sign you're losing it or feeling the pressure, but in his case they try to argue that it was a good thing.

I found that odd and maybe just propaganda. I think he may be feeling more pressure this season and knows he's not showing enough.

I'm not entirely giving up hope, but it was more tempered than some of the bigger pom poms last season over his game.

I'm not saying he can't be useful or an "asset" but he seems to lack the chutzpah needed at this level to make a bigger impact.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 08:51:27 PM by PrezIke »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: October 24, 2018, 09:51:00 PM »

Knix were up 11 after 1Q.
Got creamed in the 3rd.

Last 2 games have been giving up open 3's.

20 & 10 from Dotson.
Zonja was pretty bad.
Etc.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 24, 2018, 10:02:17 PM »

Beaten in the second once Burke and Kanter were reinserted.

After Whiteside, Dotson had the second best game. The next three or for were Heat players.

We have to get better at getting the PGs free of pressure and shifting the D. We got lazy in the early parts of possessions. Dotson, Vonleh, and Hardaway brought the best energy there with Trier also being pretty good.

Mitch looked like a battler in his cameo. Hope he continues to work, improve, and earn minutes.

I think Courtney Lee can do well in the type of play we’re trying and that the league is headed to.

I’d rather see Mario work it out with often poor results than anything more from useless Lance.

The same goes double for any other guard over Baker.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 24, 2018, 10:03:21 PM »

Rebuilding?  Next year?  Are you DAFT?

THJ coming off a big year
KP back
PG situation all sorted out, via progression, trade or free agency
Knox out of Huggies
A top 14 2019 draft selection
Deeeeeep with athletes

2019-20 forecasts to be a playoff year.

A low playoff seed in the East is still compatible with rebuilding.
After Courtly and Lance, the rest of our team is 26 or younger.
Knox will be just 20, our draft pick likely about the same.
The PG situation is the glaring concern.
Hopefully Tim can improve this year and not just put up scoring numbers due to high usage.

A team starting Burke-Hardaway-Kanter isn't going to go far due to serious defensive shortcomings.  Even if KZ is the next Bill Russell.
We have depth and athletes and some shooters, but really everybody else (including Burke) looks like 2nd unit guys as of now.

Hopefully Knox can have a solid year and become a starter.  And Franc can improve his offense.  That'd jump start our rebuild.  But yeah, I see this as a 3-4 year rebuild, starting last week.
A Key issue will be how well the Kanter-KZ combo is/can be.
And how we fill the starting PG slot.

Is that who you think is starting if we were to add Middleton?

Really?

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
POSITIVE PUSSIES
« Reply #1415 on: October 24, 2018, 10:54:42 PM »

I would like to read what our positive pussies have to say about this game.

I mean, our 2019 pick looks juicier by the game, so I’m happy. Still, true PPs wanna win some games, and even I hate losing by 23 points.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: October 24, 2018, 11:26:04 PM »

If Tim had shot with better efficiency the first four games we would have maybe two more wins. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
PPs #2
« Reply #1417 on: October 24, 2018, 11:34:27 PM »

Kam, you ain’t no Positive Pussy, you actually with me in wanting to lose as many games as we can, by 1 point if possible.

I really wanna see Chip’s take on the game.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: PPs #2
« Reply #1418 on: October 25, 2018, 12:19:29 AM »

Kam, you ain’t no Positive Pussy, you actually with me in wanting to lose as many games as we can, by 1 point if possible.

I really wanna see Chip’s take on the game.

That was a stinker.

Team wise, for every positive step, three steps backwards. 

DD was a positive. 

Otherwise?  Burke was a disaster.  My man Hezonja hit a couple of sweet jumpers to start, a nice assist or two, then got tentative or began forcing things.  Oddly enough, three drives to the hoop that didn't find net, found rebounds and offensive putbacks.  Was getting burned on defense.  Timmy, in and out of rhythm. 

Team wise, amazing how many threes we hit, and how many twos rolled out.  Kanter and Frank were both out of sorts, though Frank notched five assists.  Fizz needs to find the right buttons to push with Frank in terms of whom he is out on the floor with at any given time.

And you are not going to want to hear this, El Pendejo Grosso, but...we often had no point guard out there tonight. 

We really need Emmanuel Mudiay. 

He is our purest point guard and best facilitator. 

We don't need him to score.

We need him to rudder the ship get us into rhythm and create east hoops for others. 

You know, like a POINT GUARD.  I mean God Bless Ron Baker.  Kid has a lot of heart but no game. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 12:49:46 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 25, 2018, 07:49:48 AM »

Unless Manny shows he ain’t balky no more, I wouldn’t hitch the wagon to him just yet.

I want to see Frank, Dotson, Mario or Knox, Vonleh and Robinson get big burn. I’d like a heavy dose of Hardaway and Trier mixed in.

Kanter and Burke are more than fine offensively, but their physical limitations and the resulting express lane they open through our defense in a bad matchup should determine their deployment. We’re really not invested in either guy long term and they aren’t actually helping us win games though the sample size is admittedly small. They are both already having a hard time maintaining the energy and focus that made them effective in the opener though that is also a factor of increasing opposition talent.

We caught a light version of Boston with Hayward out and Baynes hurt early. Baynes was on his way to eating Kanter up before he pulled up lame.

I hope we manage some fun stretches against the Dubs and maybe even make their starters do some work in the fourth quarter.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 25, 2018, 08:11:39 AM »

Cant judge team til Mudiay is out there.

And hope Fiz didnt kill Knoxie's mojo.

WTF last night with the lineups?  Trying to let Mario be the pseudo KP - I get it - but sure was a longleash

And I guess the feeling on Hardaway was to get him some rest.

Players have said the offense is free flowing, with no plays called - and this is to their liking. But it can lead to nights like this - when easy buckets dont come off your defense and THEIR D is stifling

Clearly apparent that the "they have one, we dont" plays poorly for us - when it comes to a shot changer like Whiteside (who Yankguy hates)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 25, 2018, 09:14:40 AM »

I like Whiteside more than, say, Dwight Howard.  (who Kiid has a never-ending deep passion for) 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Pharoah

• View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 25, 2018, 11:43:36 AM »

Brief thoughts

1. As of right now it appears that Trey Burke is good for scoring but that's it. He's not exhibiting the floor awareness to punish a collapsing defense consistently and when his roll man is covered there's an instinct to just shoot.

2. Timmy's decision making was better last night but watching him jaw at Trey Burke and Enes Kanter wasn't cool to me. Either do it calmly or do it during time out but don't make a scene on the court midgame when you're the biggest culprit for going under screens and late help (leading to and-ones).

3. Kanter can either slow down the PnR ball handler or he can stop the roll man from getting the ball. But he can't do both simultaneously which means when guards go over screens, they get punished more often than not.

4. Frank runs the pick and roll really well. If you hone in on those plays, he's productive point blank. The past two games, he's still splitting time between SF who sits in the corner as a decoy and primary ball handler, but the additional opportunities have led to back to back 5 assist games. 5 assists on limited opportunities is pretty damned good. His three pointer is looking much improved too. But he still only takes what the defense gives him right now and could do with improvising more often for sure.

5. Dotson should start. Let Burke be the guy you sub in and keep in when he's hot, but otherwise let Dotson get out there. He has the best motor on the team, a pure form from range, flashes some handling and played better D than even Frank last night. It was a Khris Middleton-lite game for him. Oh yeah...10 boards too, how long have I been on about his rebounding?

6. I actually was ready to applaud Lance since he made three's and grabbed 6 boards...still a 15 mpg guy in an optimal situation but my God are the rest of our wings bad on defense (honestly that might be why the Frank at SF experiment started too)

7. Mario goes Wario and isn't good enough to do that. He needs a shorter leash when he presses.

8. I really like Vonleh but he'll be undersized against bigger C's and it showed last night.

9. Mitch needs minutes. The Frank/Mitch PnR was really effective but they went to giving Baker chances to run the offense.

10. Baker doesn't need to play imo.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 25, 2018, 12:46:59 PM »

Brief thoughts

1. As of right now it appears that Trey Burke is good for scoring but that's it. He's not exhibiting the floor awareness to punish a collapsing defense consistently and when his roll man is covered there's an instinct to just shoot.

2. Timmy's decision making was better last night but watching him jaw at Trey Burke and Enes Kanter wasn't cool to me. Either do it calmly or do it during time out but don't make a scene on the court midgame when you're the biggest culprit for going under screens and late help (leading to and-ones).

3. Kanter can either slow down the PnR ball handler or he can stop the roll man from getting the ball. But he can't do both simultaneously which means when guards go over screens, they get punished more often than not.

4. Frank runs the pick and roll really well. If you hone in on those plays, he's productive point blank. The past two games, he's still splitting time between SF who sits in the corner as a decoy and primary ball handler, but the additional opportunities have led to back to back 5 assist games. 5 assists on limited opportunities is pretty damned good. His three pointer is looking much improved too. But he still only takes what the defense gives him right now and could do with improvising more often for sure.

5. Dotson should start. Let Burke be the guy you sub in and keep in when he's hot, but otherwise let Dotson get out there. He has the best motor on the team, a pure form from range, flashes some handling and played better D than even Frank last night. It was a Khris Middleton-lite game for him. Oh yeah...10 boards too, how long have I been on about his rebounding?

6. I actually was ready to applaud Lance since he made three's and grabbed 6 boards...still a 15 mpg guy in an optimal situation but my God are the rest of our wings bad on defense (honestly that might be why the Frank at SF experiment started too)

7. Mario goes Wario and isn't good enough to do that. He needs a shorter leash when he presses.

8. I really like Vonleh but he'll be undersized against bigger C's and it showed last night.

9. Mitch needs minutes. The Frank/Mitch PnR was really effective but they went to giving Baker chances to run the offense.

10. Baker doesn't need to play imo.

Obviously Mudiay and Knox getting hurt has had an effect on the rotations. 

[I found Kiid's comment about Fizdale queering Knox's mojo bizarre.  Had just come off of a positive all-around rebound when he hurt his ankle.  One may assume Fizz has triggered Kiid's snark mechanism.]

As soon as Emmanuel can show he's got 20 a night in him, got to figure Baker goes into cameo mode. 

Your idea about Dotson is interesting, as is Frank more on the point with Robinson.  Don't think Fizz is prepared to queer the confidence of Burke and Kanter off of a setback game, though a quicker sub may be coming. 

I can recall numerous possessions where Trier was bringing the ball into play.  Not sure about Dotson being effective in that mode.  Me?  I'd like to see how Frank starting at PG, with Timmy at SG and Demyean at SF, Vonleh at PF and Kanter at center works out, with some combo of Burke, Mudiay, Trier, Robinson, Thomas, Hezonja coming off the pine.   

As for the long leash on Hezonja, Fizz went from the short leash to the long leash, and I don't think he is going to go back to the short leash anytime soon, with Knox out, as he is trying to find that balance between confidence, efficiency and decision making. 

Certainly be interesting how our young guards respond to Steph Curry coming off of a nuclear performance, let alone how our thin front line responds to Durant, also playing at a high pitch. 

Defense, which had been encouraging coming out of the gate, took a punch in the mouth last night in a rain of treys.  And that was MIAMI, let alone GOLDEN STATE.  Looking for some pride tonight.  Interesting test for the team and our coaching staff. 

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 25, 2018, 02:33:13 PM »

mud is going to save this team?

that is funny.

what is going to save this team is a healthy KP, signing a type A free agent next year, drafting a VERY high lottery pick, developing Knox and somehow finding a legit point guard who does not presently exist on this roster.

unless all of those things happen we will continue to be  irrelevant.

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 1848