Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 907552 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #14835 on: November 24, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »

I do appreciate someone finally noting what a poor decision it was to draft Ntlikina.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14836 on: November 24, 2020, 12:47:24 PM »

Made even worse by not having dealt him by now

(I am perfectly willing to take this back if a smart deal comes upon us for Frank+)

chipstern

• View Profile
Obi Kanoobee
« Reply #14837 on: November 24, 2020, 12:47:44 PM »

Thibs has already given him the words...defense...Defense...DEFENSE.

Obi averaged 20 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.2 steals.  And 39% from trey.  FT% is around 70% so that could use some work. 

But really, Kiid, his rebounding is a concern?  Based on?  Just asking. 

Do you think if his rebounding amd defense were such a dire concern as some would have it, that Thibs would've signed off on drafting him?  Coach surely had SOME INPUT. 

Obi's spiritual signature since he had his growth spurt in HS, was to to be sold short.  His response was to work his ass off and overachieve.  Was he even offered a college scholarship? 

None of the free agents want to be here?

God bless Jerami Grant, and I dare say we made a run at him, but he preferred Detroit, where presulambly he will line up at SF with Blake at PF.  Could have done the same here, and I'd wager we would not have been put off by $20 Million x 3.  He preferred Detroit.  See you in the Garden, motherfucker. 

No free agents, no starters want to be here? 

FUCK THEM.

Obi is a Brooklyn/NYC kid who dreamed of being a Knick. 

Seem corny to you Bo? 

This motherfucker is motivated, and now he joins AC Kenny Payne's big man scrum of Robinson, Noels, Randle, Spellman and Knox.  Good competition, and an AC and head coach who will keep him accountable for defense and the team game and conditioning at the next level, where he cannot simply overpower cats like he did in collge. 

From no scholarship offers to collegiate player of the year status and crying big boy tears at being annointed a  lottery pick by his hometown motherfucking team with his mother by his side. 

Yeah, I'm going to spend many a sleepless night obsessing over Obi's shortcomings as if they were a death sentence. 

And as per Bank, good points about Philly, although I do not believe we are embarking on nor embracing a deliberate FizzTank, but rather, accepting the turtle and the hare/slow but steady wins the race reality that in lieu of free agents who turn up their nose at the Knicks, we hunker down and deveop our youth and build through the fucking draft.  Bo wants instant starters?  Dig.  Took Philly a few drafts to sort things out.  Noels and Okafor didn't quite move the needle, but Embid and Simmons sure as shit did. 

And as per Dawg, fans baffled by Knicks' moves that actually make sense and seem, to the untrained eye, as prudent, purposeful, and proactive, seemingly committed to a youth movement. 

And as per Kiid, as per youth, Frank and Dennis most DEF qualify.  They may be fighting for their lives, and are not going to be gifted bupkus, but one may anticipate them getting a chance to state their case for sure. 

Gordon Hayward? Russell Westbrook?  Victor Olidapo?  CARMELO?  Been There.  Done That.   

Sorry Bo, your concerns and critiques are legit, but your despair seems misplaced.  In any event, what did they say in Philly? 

Embrace The Process? 

Can't abide it? 

Ladies and gentlemen, your Brooklyn Nets.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:50:20 PM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #14838 on: November 24, 2020, 12:48:22 PM »

Current Knicks could be seen as Utah minus Conley

The current President could be seen as Lincoln minus Everything
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
A month out and his brain just turned to mush ...
« Reply #14839 on: November 24, 2020, 12:49:29 PM »

Thibs has already given him the word...defense...Defense...DEFENSE.

Obi averaged 20 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.2 steals.  And 39% from trey.  FT% is around 70% so that could use some work. 

Do you think if his rebounding amd defense were such a dire concern as some would have it, that Thibs would've signed off on drafting him?  Coach surely had SOME INPUT. 

Obi's spiritual signature since he had his growth spurt in HS, was to to be sold short.  His response was to work his ass off and overachieve.  Was he even offered a college scholarship? 

God bless Jerami Grant, and I dare say we made a run at him, but he preferred Detroit, where presulambly he will line up at SF with Blake at PF.  Could have done the same here, and I'd wager we would not have been put off by $20 Million x 3.  He preferred Detroit.  See you in the Garden, motherfucker. 

FUCK THEM.

Seem corny to you Bo? 

This motherfucker is motivated, and now he joins AC Kenny Payne's big man scrum of Robinson, Noels, Randle, Spellman and Knox.  Good competition, and an AC and head coach who will keep him accountable for defense and the team game and conditioning at the next level, where he cannot simply overpower cats like he did in collge. 

From no scholarship offers to collegiate player of the year status and crying big boy tears at being annointed a  lottery pick by his hometown motherfucking team with his mother by his side. 

Yeah, I'm going to spend many a sleepless night obsessing over Obi's shortcomings as if they were a death sentence. 

And as per Bank, good points about Philly, although I do not believe we are embarking on nor embracing a deliberate FizzTank, but rather, accepting the turtle and the hare/slow but steady wins the race reality that in lieu of free agents who turn up their nose at the Knicks, we hunker down and deveop our youth and build through the fucking draft.  Bo wants instant starters?  Dig.  Took Philly a few drafts to sort things out.  Noels and Okafor didn't quite move the needle, but Embid and Simmons sure as shit did. 

And as per Dawg, fans baffled by Knicks' moves that actually make sense and seem, to the untrained eye, as prudent, purposeful, and proactive, seemingly committed to a youth movement. 

And as per Kiid, as per youth, Frank and Dennis most DEF qualify.  They may be fighting for their lives, and are not going to be gifted bupkus, but one may anticipate them getting a chance to state their case for sure. 

Gordon Hayward? Russell Westbrook?  Victor Olidapo?  CARMELO?  Been There.  Done That.   

Sorry Bo, your concerns and critiques are legit, but your despair seems misplaced.  In any event, what did they say in Philly? 

Embrace The Process? 

Can't abide it? 

Chip's completely lost it before the season even started . . .
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:52:36 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Obi Kanoobee
« Reply #14840 on: November 24, 2020, 12:51:06 PM »

Thibs has already given him the word...defense...Defense...DEFENSE.

FUCK THEM.

Seem corny to you Bo? 

Embrace The Process? 

Can't abide it? 

Chip's completely lost it before the season even started . . .

SO IT SEEMS. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14841 on: November 24, 2020, 12:53:26 PM »

Trust me - we did not offer 3-60 to J Grant
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:57:34 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14842 on: November 24, 2020, 12:59:24 PM »

Is RJB better than DeAndre Hunter the guy picked right after him (#4 pick)?
Hunter a better defender.  Shot league average on 3's.  Made his FT's ...

Heh

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #14843 on: November 24, 2020, 01:00:10 PM »

Your disparagement of Barret paints you as a bit of a.....
moke.

Says the moke who was fond of quoting Trump in his taglines ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14844 on: November 24, 2020, 01:00:29 PM »

We'd be better off having drafted Hunter, Bo?

Stopppp..

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #14845 on: November 24, 2020, 01:02:19 PM »

chip-I'm not advocating tanking, but rather I want to see mostly young guys who play hard through adversity. But the reality is playing mostly young home grown guys in a rebuild will not yield a lot of wins. and its hit or miss, thats why stockpiling picks is a good thing. And the proess if you're lucky might take 3-5 years. And then once you regain credibility as a franchise, then free-agents start kicking your tires again.  What you want to avoid is another decade or longer of being a 30-40 win team stuck in NBA purgatory. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #14846 on: November 24, 2020, 01:04:19 PM »

chip-I'm not advocating tanking, but rather I want to see mostly young guys who play hard through adversity. But the reality is playing mostly young home grown guys in a rebuild will not yield a lot of wins. and its hit or miss, thats why stockpiling picks is a good thing. And the proess if you're lucky might take 3-5 years. And then once you regain credibility as a franchise, then free-agents start kicking your tires again.  What you want to avoid is another decade or longer of being a 30-40 win team stuck in NBA purgatory.

Understood. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14847 on: November 24, 2020, 01:10:47 PM »

Still awaiting a big Celtics move

"Run it back" won't cut it.

chipstern

• View Profile
Dennis Smith & Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf
« Reply #14848 on: November 24, 2020, 01:15:34 PM »

How Dennis Smith Jr. is fixing his jumper

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-dennis-smith-jr-mahmoud-abdul-rauf-20201124-svj76vrekvc25nnq7iuw44nwga-story.html

Pulling For The Kid. 

Rauf has no official title, but for all intents and purposes, he is the league’s newest Shot Doctor. He has worked with Markelle Fultz, Victor Oladipo, DJ Augustin, Jerian Grant, Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie and Josh Smith. Of those, he singled out Dinwiddie as a hard worker, and Fultz as someone he expects to take strides.

We shall see.  Expect he will get every opportunity to make the case for himself. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #14849 on: November 24, 2020, 01:18:26 PM »

Atkinson would have been a developmental coach.
Thibs more of a Win Now feller.
We'll see how that gets resolved with this not so imposing roster of vets and yute.

Is RJB better than Hunter?
Hunter seems on his way to being a legit 3&D wing.
I'm not even sure which position RJB is best at.
One thing is RJB is 2.5 years younger.
DeA Hunt turns 23 next week.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 1847