Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1074837 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15225 on: December 07, 2020, 02:11:03 AM »

Knix get the 2 best players in the deal at the cost of just 3 late 1st rounders.
Yeah, sure.  I guess POR decides they want less shooting and worse talent.  Vaguely possible if Zach is damaged goods.  And I guess you can tinker to make or or two of those picks Knix 1st rounders.  But I wouldn't do it unless they threw in Melo ...

Click-bait trade site.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Alan Hahn on Frank Ntiikina
« Reply #15226 on: December 07, 2020, 02:43:17 AM »

"All three men who have coached him have said the same thing; I never know what i'm getting from him. One game he's locked in, the next game..."

https://youtu.be/aGdNNpG1xZE?t=2312

and later he also said ... "I'd rather Frank play the backup PG than Elfrid Payton"

Hahn really doesn't like Payton.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 03:56:31 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Hahns starting 5 prediction
« Reply #15227 on: December 07, 2020, 03:07:27 AM »

Dennis
RJ
Bullock
Randle
Mitch

Then he added: "but i can see a scenario where maybe Bullock doesn't start and they put Obi there at the 3 if he looks like he can handle it"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 03:15:42 AM by Kam »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Hahn on Mitch
« Reply #15228 on: December 07, 2020, 03:13:24 AM »

Hahn noted that there were questions about Mitch's professionalism from the coaching staff.  He hints that Mitch might have not always been on time to practices in the past and oftentimes would commit frustration fouls when someone stole a rebound from him.  That stuff won't fly under Thibs. 

And Hahn noted that Nerlens Noel isn't here to automatically back-up Mitch but to compete to start.  Noel does a lot of the same thing Mitch does, shoots 65% and most of his shots are dunks.

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Hahns starting 5 prediction
« Reply #15229 on: December 07, 2020, 04:43:00 AM »

Dennis
RJ
Bullock
Randle
Mitch

I could see that because once you put Jr. Smith out there as a starter you really can't add Knox or you'd have 4 sub-par defenders + Mitch.  Bullox at least gives you another average and aware defender.  And gets 2 vets in the starting 5.

It'd also likely be the worst 3-point shooting starting lineup in the NBofA.
Wouldn't teams just clog the paint and take away drives and oops to Mitch, daring our non-shooters to shoot?  Might also be the worst ballhandlng/passing team in the NBA as well.

I also see it as 50/50 whether Jr. Smith gets replaced at starting PG by about the 25th game or so.

I'd probably go with:
Elf
RJB
Knox (or Toppings if his 3-ball is solid)
Randle
Mitch 

But again you'd need either Knox or RJB to be able to hit 3's at 35% or better to make it work.

There's certainly an op for Au Revoir or Burks to nab a starting spot because they can make a 3 and bounce the ball.  but we need a 3&D guy and Bullocks is our closest approximation.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #15230 on: December 07, 2020, 04:47:07 AM »

I like Rivers and Burks in the rotation.  I think they represent the type of veteran Bullock did last year.   Solid.  Professional.  2-way ability.  Rudders.

I don't see either starting too many games.  Although Rivers might just take the PG spot after some time.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #15231 on: December 07, 2020, 04:48:53 AM »

Mitch just signed with new representation.  That's like his 5th or 6th agent already.  Rumor has it he's not very happy, perhaps contractually.  That could also be why you hear Thibs say he is looking for more professionalism out of Mitch. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Click Bait Trade HORSESHIT
« Reply #15232 on: December 07, 2020, 07:22:22 AM »

I am so very weary of CLICK BAIT bloggers spreading internet disinformation and projecting their faux trade circle jerks as if they were somehow tethered to reality. 

Some have us giving away our entire team. 

Some have us engaging in highway robbery.

Towns
McCollum
Ball

The Ball trade I saw had us giving up Smith, Knox and two #2 draft picks.  Haha

NONE OF THESE PLAYERS IS ON THE MARKET.  Get over it. 

Want further evidence as to CLICK BAIT Crapola?

2021 1st Round Pick (via LAC)

There is NO #1 pick from the Clippers. 

Small detail, eh?  As I recollect, we might have negotiated the option of flipping #1 picks in 2021, but the Clippers #1 pick from the Morris Trade is on our roster: Immanuel Quickley. 

Lord. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Exhibit A: Judge & Thibodeau
« Reply #15233 on: December 07, 2020, 09:21:13 AM »

I have not been much of a football enthusiast for some time, as the many apsects of the modern game don't appeal to me.  I'm not campaigining for Woody Hayes and a clould of dust....

But there is something to be said for DEFENSE and RUSHING the football. 

Much to my suprise, I have found myself emotionally invested in Saquon Barkley becuse of his gifts as a rusher and an all around athelete, and Daniel Jones, as a passer AND a rusher AND as a young man who sucked it up and took all of the abuse of the media and the fans who thought the Giants we nuts for making such a reach in the draft....and who learned from his mistakes and got better.   

Long story short, the Giants culture has been mired in mediocrity due to, among many things, an unstable culture due to some sappy coaches. 

Coach Joe Judge appears to have changed that. 

The Giants season began inauspicously, and while they were often close losses, they were LOSSES. 

He kept faith in his system, he kept faith in the process, he kept faith in his players, and he kept faith in his quarterback's development through thick and thin, and idiots in the media calling for his benching. 

Yesterday, the Giants defense, complex and well coached, played with incredible spirit and energy, including among others, Leonard Williams, who was denigrated by the media as an underachiever who was not a good pass rusher and for whom the Giants' GM was excoriated at giving up a third round draft pick.  Likewise the Odell Beckham trade which garnered Jabril Peppers.  Likewise drafting OT Andrew Thomas who notably struggled through the first half of the season.  Likewise the entire 2020 draft class. 

Georgia OT Andrew Thomas, Round 1, Pick 4
Alabama S Xavier McKinney, Round 2, Pick 36
UConn OT Matt Peart, Round 3, Pick 99
UCLA CB Darnay Holmes, Round 4, Pick 110
Oregon G Shane Lemieux, Round 5, Pick 150
Penn State LB Cam Brown, Round 6, Pick 183
Minnesota LB Carter Coughlin, Round 7, Pick 218
South Carolina LB T.J. Brunson, Round 7, Pick 238
Minnesota CB Chris Williamson, Round 7, Pick 247
Georgia LB Tae Crowder, Round 7, Pick 255

A couple of weeks ago, Judge fired his offensive line coach, because he wanted to rotate offensive linemen to SPED THE DEVELOPMENT OF HIS YOUNGSTERS. 

Well, yesterday, they all came through, with tough D, a veteran backup QB in Colt McCoy, and a running game by committee that came through like a motherfucker, with their young offensive line competing at a high level.  God do I love Wayne Gallman...old school running back. 

The GIANTS beat one of the top teams in the NFL, and put so much pressure on one of the best QBs, as Williams had two sacks, as he and his linemates put lots of pressure on Wilson, while Peppers and veteran Logan Ryan and their late round linebackers played with great focus and coherence.

I mention this in passing because I believe in Tom Thibodeau and this Knicks roster, with its mix of vets and youth, we have a chance at finally putting the grotesque miscues which have dominated the past 20 years, let alone the past five or so behind us. 

A SYSTEM
ACCOUNTABILITY

Judge has started to see results and by no means have the Giants arrived, but he has raised the bar, and empowered top flight offensive and defensive coordinators. 

Thibs is at the very beginning of our own....PROCESS.  And while there is scant evidence to hang one's hat on in the days before this Friday's first preseason game....well...I like our puppies, I like the free agents we brought on board and I like Thibs. 

Some people don't like this team.  FAIR ENOUGH.  These are our KNICKS we're talking about.  But there is no doubt Thibs has conveyed his message and raised the bar, and it remains to be seen how Obi talks it and how Obi walks it and how Obi evolves and comes back after getting torched by fours, fives and threes who will test him and torch him...how Knox and Smith and Frank respond to Thibs' implicit challenge and all those who have written them off.  Not least being the "fans" who blithely dismiss Obi as a loser on defense. 

There are considerable stumbles awaiting us.  But with players buying into a coach such as Judge, such as Thibodeau, this season is hardly a slow motion sprint to the draft lottery. 

ONWARDS
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:26:22 AM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15234 on: December 07, 2020, 11:13:05 AM »

Yeah I guess a mistake was made including that Clips #1 in the McCollum deal.

Point is cJ is very likely a guy we are looking at.

I do agree that at least to start the year POR sees Lillard and McCollum competing for a West crown and staying together indefinitely (only reason for the musing is CJ is a FA after this season).
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
RECEIVED WISDOM
« Reply #15235 on: December 07, 2020, 11:52:42 AM »

Yeah I guess a mistake was made including that Clips #1 in the McCollum deal.

Point is cJ is very likely a guy we are looking at.

I do agree that at least to start the year POR sees Lillard and McCollum competing for a West crown and staying together indefinitely (only reason for the musing is CJ is a FA after this season).

There is no more likelihood of Portland parting CJ from Dame than there was of breaking up Dumars and Isiah.  CJ a free agent to be?  Okay.  Did the Raptors ever let VanVleet get a sniff? 

These "deals" are all nonsensical fabircations.  ABSRUD ON THE FACE OF IT.  Knicks have targetted him?  What's the over/under in Vegas? 

I mean, have your fun, everybody.  Concocting trade scenarios is one of the enduring perks of participating in a foru, such as this. 

Curious how few of them ever rise to the level of reality. 

I mean, look at the Knicks roster moves. 

Did anyone on this forum or in the media project Burks, Spellman, Noel, Rivers?  Reupping Bullock?  Sure, friendly contract, and a 3&D wing. 

But dropping Payton then reupping him for 3 million less?  There WAS speculation about Kidd-Gilchrist. 

For that matter, did anyone see Hayward to Charlotte or the Wall-Westbrook trade? 

When it comes to "deals" seldom is there both smoke and fire. 

For that matter, mock drafts. 

Minnesota Timberwolves —Anthony Edwards, SG, Georgia.
Golden State Warriors —James Wiseman, C, Memphis.
Charlotte Hornets —Lamelo Ball, PG.

Everyone presumed they would drop in some order at 1-2-3. 

But I didn't see ANYONE PROJECTING these three picks.

Chicago Bulls —Patrick Williams, F, Florida State.
Cleveland Cavaliers —Isaac Okoro, SF, Auburn.
Atlanta Hawks—Oneyka Okongwu, PF, US.

Which is how Killian, Obi and Devi dropped happily in the laps of the Pistons, Knicks and Wizards at 7-8-9. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15236 on: December 07, 2020, 01:39:39 PM »

When I asked Porter if he was ready to the third star in Denver alongside Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray, he had a very short and simple answer: “Yeah, I am.” Confidence has never been Porter’s issue. He’s had plenty of it since, well, birth. But now when he says a statement like that, there’s some meat to its bones. And it’s good timing because the Nuggets need Porter to be the star he says he’s ready to be. – via Kendra Andrews @ The Athletic

heh

we took Kevin Knox

------

Watching KY vs GT right now

Terrence Clark an impressive jump shooter.
Brandon Boston was in early foul trouble after hitting one 3.

Ky comes in at 1-2, GT at 0-2.  KY was 3-31 3 point shooting fiorst three games.  Better today

GT has MOSES WRIGHT, an old school big guy with soft hands, touch and a toughness from the 80s.  6-9 I think.  Not sure of a perimeter game.

Wright and Clarke 15 each at the half.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 01:52:06 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15237 on: December 07, 2020, 01:42:45 PM »

There is no more likelihood of Portland parting CJ from Dame than there was of breaking up Dumars and Isiah.  CJ a free agent to be?  Okay.  Did the Raptors ever let VanVleet get a sniff?

They won a title with Van Vleet

No evidence McCollum-Dame will work long term in terms of advancing deep in playoffs.  Did make a conference final but lost in 4 straight

chipstern

• View Profile
Heh
« Reply #15238 on: December 07, 2020, 01:46:23 PM »

Marc Berman: Thibodeau says Kevin Knox has had two very good practices so far. Good sign. – via Twitter NYPost_Berman

Stefan Bondy: Thibodeau on Kevin Knox: “When he takes good shots, they go in.” – via Twitter SBondyNYDN

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15239 on: December 07, 2020, 01:51:12 PM »

Stefan Bondy: Thibodeau on Kevin Knox: “When he takes good shots, they go in.” – via Twitter SBondyNYDN

That would be a nice change
Pages: 1 ... 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 ... 1852