Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1019867 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15240 on: December 07, 2020, 01:59:30 PM »

Nearly all of the work Porter did over the offseason incorporated him spending time at shooting guard, small forward and power forward. He worked on setting screens and popping as a four would do, coming off the ball screen as the ball handler and utilizing his size for setting screens. “I was really consistent in my work off the court,” Porter said. “I feel that I’ll be better this year in almost every area than I was last year.” – via Kendra Andrews @ The Athletic

Dream player

But we got Knox, so there...
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15241 on: December 07, 2020, 02:22:12 PM »

Hopefully I will have more time to watch complete collegiate games as I just did.

Yeah - TERRENCE CLARK was a standout for Kentucky.  6-7, 194 out of Boston
I also liked Isiah Jackson - 6-10, 206 out of Pontiac.

Moses Wright - as I mentioned - for Tech - late bloomer - played just 1 year of HS and AAU hoops - and just turned 22 years old.  Does a bit of everything but not a leaper.  Tough dude.  Scorer.  Potential leader.  Second round look,

TOPPIN's little bro Jacob plays for KY.  Interesting - he wears the 0 - I guess for his bro
(A soph - 5 points, 4 boards early in 18 minutes on 42/28/65 shooting).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 02:43:42 PM by kidcarter8 »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #15242 on: December 07, 2020, 03:45:29 PM »

When I asked Porter if he was ready to the third star in Denver alongside Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray, he had a very short and simple answer: “Yeah, I am.” Confidence has never been Porter’s issue. He’s had plenty of it since, well, birth. But now when he says a statement like that, there’s some meat to its bones. And it’s good timing because the Nuggets need Porter to be the star he says he’s ready to be. – via Kendra Andrews @ The Athletic

heh

we took Kevin Knox

Porter was injured and we were hoping not to have to wait over a year for returns.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
GIANT FORUM
« Reply #15243 on: December 07, 2020, 03:46:00 PM »

Chip, you're welcome to the Giants forum any time.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15244 on: December 07, 2020, 04:04:20 PM »

Thibs says Knox is banging. Rivers has a groin strain. Dial back all expectations of how he’ll contribute at least for the first few months.

It might be Rivers and Evans cut out of camp.

Mitch Noel Spellman
Randle Toppin MKG
Barrett Knox Iggy
Burks Bullock Quickley
Payton Ntilikina Smith
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15245 on: December 07, 2020, 04:14:55 PM »

Is Thibs talk of youth and athleticism a foreshadowing that we will be a pressing uptempo team?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15246 on: December 07, 2020, 04:48:14 PM »

Do you mean on Friday or all season?

Our oldest potential lineup with the most experience

Noel
Randle
Bullock
Burks
Payton

Austin has been in the league awhile, but groin.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15247 on: December 07, 2020, 04:49:12 PM »

When I asked Porter if he was ready to the third star in Denver alongside Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray, he had a very short and simple answer: “Yeah, I am.” Confidence has never been Porter’s issue. He’s had plenty of it since, well, birth. But now when he says a statement like that, there’s some meat to its bones. And it’s good timing because the Nuggets need Porter to be the star he says he’s ready to be. – via Kendra Andrews @ The Athletic

heh

we took Kevin Knox

Porter was injured and we were hoping not to have to wait over a year for returns.

True, but considering it was a TANK YEAR under Fizz, and our player development was Mudiay, Vonleh, that big white stretch 4, ALL OF WHOM WE LET GO THAT SUMMER, Letting Porter ice it was not an untenable notion. 

I still think Knox is going to be a player. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15248 on: December 07, 2020, 04:51:26 PM »

Is Thibs talk of youth and athleticism a foreshadowing that we will be a pressing uptempo team?

Yup

Defense and playing at a faster pace are priorities he has flaoted. 

Toppin and Quickley fit that bill. 

So does Dennis Smith unless he is totally snake bit as a Knick. 

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15249 on: December 07, 2020, 04:53:05 PM »

We're not 100% sure, but we do know with certainty that Rudy G. is the gift that keeps on giving!

“We know that the two days before someone develops symptoms, before they test positive, are the times when they are most infectious,” Ranney told CNN. “So Giuliani has not just exposed himself and caught COVID, but he has potentially exposed hundreds and hundreds of Trump supporters to the virus during his most infectious phase.”

Arizona Legislature shuts down...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/12/07/arizona-legislature-shuts-down-georgia-lawmaker-sends-out-warning-after-giuliani-tests-positive-for-covid-19/?sh=394e44e442f7

Michigan shuts down...
https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2020/12/07/michigan-house-cancels-voting-session-after-giuliani-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

He's a one man wrecking crew!

***and speaking of the Rona, Harden can't even practice with the team if he even shows up because of NBA quarantine rules so I'd expect that situation to resolve itself sooner rather than later.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30470975/houston-rockets-coach-no-table-james-harden-report
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 04:59:51 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Barrack Obama talks Knicks
« Reply #15250 on: December 07, 2020, 06:36:25 PM »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15251 on: December 07, 2020, 06:59:16 PM »

Obama clowning us!!

lol

We're even getting clowned in the Harden mess

Sports Illustrated's Rohan Nadkarni reports that a person familiar with superstar James Harden's thinking described the Rockets' culture as toxic and called them the "Knicks of the South."

We are indeed the Rudy Giuliani of the NBA (minus the Covid-infested wet farts)

But hopefully, this will all begin to change soon!
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Select Quotes ...and a coda
« Reply #15252 on: December 07, 2020, 07:42:29 PM »

LES:

We're not 100% sure, but we do know with certainty that Rudy G. is the gift that keeps on giving!

“Giuliani has not just exposed himself and caught COVID, but he has potentially exposed hundreds and hundreds of Trump supporters to the virus during his most infectious phase.”

Arizona Legislature shuts down...

Michigan shuts down...

He's a one man wrecking crew!

KAMSTER:

The Liquidsilver Project

CHAMACO CARTERO:

Rest in peace, Harrison Deal

coda, aka future obit to be posted by Chamaco:

Rest in peace, Rudy Giuliani

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:21:25 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15253 on: December 07, 2020, 11:17:48 PM »

It wasn't just Porter likely missing a year.  There was talk that his career might be in danger and his spinal fusion surgery was a big red flag.  No one doubted the guy was a Top 3 talent, just would he hold up to the NBA grind with fragile vertebrae.

I liked solid 2-way Mikal Bridges.
I thought we needed a sure thing.

It is an open question, if we were willing to gamble on young raw Knox, why not gamble on Porter.  Though health/injury is a different gamble.
Hell, Knox can still come through and Porter can still have a recurrence, or could never have gotten right.

One that we really missed was Shai, who was a late riser and went 2 slots after Knox, between the Bridges.  Shai dropped 19 & 6 boards & 3 assists last year.  Been a league average 3-shooter both years.  And just a crafty player.

I can understand with 4 interesting SF prospects on board that we overlooked Shai, but he would have been a prized pick.  Then again having steady smart 3&D Mikal Bridges would have been real nice.

Let's hope Knox plays harder and smarter.  I wasn't more aggression out of the lad.  Use that body to move folks out of your way.  And focus in on D.

We did get Mitch in that same draft.
So just pretend we drafted Mitch #9 and Knox #36.
Pretty solid draft that way ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15254 on: December 08, 2020, 12:09:40 AM »

Looks like a good 2nd round in 2018:

1st Tier:
Mitch
Devonte Graham
Brunson burner
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk (shot 40% on 3's for DET)
Shake Milton

Others:
Trent Jr.  (42% on 3's last year)
Kurucs

Defenders:
Okobo
Bates-Diop

Also:
Alize Johnson
Jevon Carter
Mel Frazier
& plenty of guys I don't know