Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1075160 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Zzzzzzzzz
« Reply #15285 on: December 09, 2020, 07:45:47 AM »

There IS NO Buddy Hield Traction. 

PERIOD. 

Click Bait CaCa. 

Thank GOD, there is an actual factual game on the telly this Friday so we can move beyond these absurd baseless fantasies. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 08:22:29 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Friday
« Reply #15286 on: December 09, 2020, 08:32:40 AM »

Looking forward to finally seeing PG Killian Hayes in action.  Interesting that he jumped so far ahead of Haliburton and Lewis in the draft. 

Besides the veteran presence of Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose, made some interesting pickups, most notably Jerami Grant, and less so to Plumlee and Okafor...perhaps displaying late bloomer's potential, such as Knicks are projecting for Noels.  Not on par with Christian Wood.  Interesting that they did not match, unless CW as an UFA. 

Also picked up Wayne Ellington, who I would suspect, in typical Knicks karma, would shoot lights out for DeTroit. 

Sekou Doumbouya

Height:
6' 8

Weight:
230lbs

Stats, which are pretty grim, don't tell the story.  An interesting prospect.  As is Sadiq Bay. 

Oh, and didn't the Pistons ink the remaining Ball Brother? 

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 08:34:13 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
PS
« Reply #15287 on: December 09, 2020, 08:42:20 AM »

James Harden is a great, Great, GREAT PLAYER. 

He is also a massive asshole. 

Don't see either the Nyets or Sexers panting at the bit to gut their teams to bring his talent and ego on board. 

Rockets accomodated him by getting a PG better suited to match up with him, and he is still tossing hissy fits. 

No problem. 

I suspect there is a clause in his contract which stipulates that if you don't show up, you don't get paid. 

Sure he has money in the bank, but....STILL. 

PS: The Nyets have a nice team, two superstars, an excellent supporting cast.  Why gut it?  I applaud Sean Marks for bailing on this BS.  At least in the short term.  Kyrie is a ball dominant talent.  Durant demands lots of touches, as well he might.  LaVert, Dimwiddie, Harris, Allen, Jordan, Shamet, Prince, Green?  That's a nice rotation. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15288 on: December 09, 2020, 10:28:08 AM »

Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk was DET's best 3-point shooter last year.
40% on 5 3PtFGA's.

I'd like to see Saddiq Bey -- sounds like a very solid prospect.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 10:36:21 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15289 on: December 09, 2020, 10:58:31 AM »

I think Philly-HOU has some legs.

Still doubt about Simmons

Agree - NETS are very very good

Can we see the 23-year old Kyrie, head-wise - before all the glory?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 11:08:14 AM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Friday
« Reply #15290 on: December 09, 2020, 11:18:44 AM »

Looking forward to finally seeing PG Killian Hayes in action.  Interesting that he jumped so far ahead of Haliburton and Lewis in the draft. 

Besides the veteran presence of Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose, made some interesting pickups, most notably Jerami Grant, and less so to Plumlee and Okafor...perhaps displaying late bloomer's potential, such as Knicks are projecting for Noels.  Not on par with Christian Wood.  Interesting that they did not match, unless CW as an UFA. 

Also picked up Wayne Ellington, who I would suspect, in typical Knicks karma, would shoot lights out for DeTroit. 

Sekou Doumbouya

Height:
6' 8

Weight:
230lbs

Stats, which are pretty grim, don't tell the story.  An interesting prospect.  As is Sadiq Bay. 

Oh, and didn't the Pistons ink the remaining Ball Brother?

NBATV has team previews in 30-minute blocks

The DETROIT episode may be as close to you SEE of Detroit this season unless you get the T Mobile package.

I think you underrate Plumlee.  And Svi Mikhailiuk has to be in your field of vision.

Josh Jackson also added.  But keys to the team are of course D Rose and Blake Griffin

Promising, I agree

Funny - when you talk about Knicks progression it has to be relative to the East - as many teams seem improved

Who is really BAD on paper this year?  Could we see 13-14 East teams with 30+ wins?  10-11 teams with 36 (.500 mark)?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15291 on: December 09, 2020, 11:52:39 AM »

As he has pretty much everywhere

I think in Burks and Rivers we get 2 better all around talents

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15292 on: December 09, 2020, 12:42:11 PM »

In Burks and Bullock we have better talent. Rivers replaces Ellington’s talent level at a much better price point.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15293 on: December 09, 2020, 01:07:19 PM »

Bullock had a rough year with the stroke

But a .385 career sniper - and 83 from the line.

UNC guy as well so easy call to give him and his 9.3 PER a second go as a rostered guy

No promises, though I do have him in the ten man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15294 on: December 09, 2020, 02:31:57 PM »

We get Kings-Blazers on ESPN following Knicks-Pistons Friday night.

First look at Tyrese, hopefully - not sure if we see Melo.

Derrick Jones Jr, Covington and Harry Giles the key additions - and of course Kanter is back.

Nassir Little and Anfernee Simons remain their youth to watch.  #46 pick CJ Elleby has been panned by pundits (how dare they take him - I had him 85th!) - so is one to watch off his close to 18 and 8 (good boards for a wing) but sloppy shooting final collegiate season at WASU
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 02:43:41 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15295 on: December 09, 2020, 02:49:34 PM »

Fucking Kupchak!

But, because this is the Knicks, things didn’t go exactly according to plan. They had acquired pick No. 33 with the intention of selecting Duke’s Vernon Carey Jr., but the Hornets swooped in and took him at 32. The Knicks apparently had no interest in rostering a player other than Carey, because they took Minnesota big man Daniel Oturu and promptly traded him to the Clippers for a 2023 second-round pick that was originally Detroit’s.

Good to see Leon and crew had the good eye and that we are getting props.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/11/19/nba-draft-new-york-knicks-trades

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15296 on: December 09, 2020, 03:30:51 PM »

Skal is a step above either right now. Good move.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15297 on: December 09, 2020, 04:02:42 PM »

I think Julius will be here for a while and will have a surprisingly good year. I don’t see having Julius and Obi as a conflict. I’m glad Obi gets to compete with someone of Julius’ caliber. I think we will see them on the floor together for stretches. When we do, I expect Julius to check the more accomplished frontcourt player this year, both because he’s currently better at it and because Obi’s athleticism is more helpful to a defense off ball than it is on ball.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
The First Shoe Has Dropped
« Reply #15298 on: December 09, 2020, 04:21:49 PM »

Ian Begley: Knicks announce they’ve waived Jacob Evans. – via Twitter IanBegley

chipstern

• View Profile
Junior
« Reply #15299 on: December 09, 2020, 04:34:18 PM »

Mike Vorkunov: Tom Thibodeau bullish on Knicks PG Dennis Smith Jr. so far: “He’s been very aggressive. I think each day he’s gotten better and better. That’s what we’re asking him to do… He can score the ball and he’s shooting the ball pretty well right now. But he’s making good plays also.” – via Twitter MikeVorkunov

Okay, I'm rooting for Dennis. 

And Thibs has coach speak down. 

So what is there to interpet here? 

Shooting the ball pretty good....

So what then is the bar?  Elfrid Payton?  French Frank?  So pretty good...clearly, much room for imprevement, but....

Very aggressive...making good plays....

What's the bar?  2019 Dennis versus 2020 Dennis. 

Confidence....

Thibs wants to push the tempo...

If Dennis can get us into early offense, hit short Chris Childs' jumpers, and present a consistent threat penetrating to the rack and kicking out to cutters and snipers...oh, and play SMART, on offense AND defense....

We shall see. 

2018-2019, Dennis had a lot of confidence and aggression. 

2019-2020 never knew if or when he was getting minutes...Miller had him buried...was second guessing himself....tentative. 

Yeah, I know, trade value.  K.  Short term, how's about TEAM VALUE?  Not everyone in the orginization has given up on Dennis. 

We shall see. 
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1852