Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 913141 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Quickey
« Reply #15300 on: December 09, 2020, 04:36:43 PM »

More ThibsSpeak

Steve Popper: Tom Thibodeau on Immanuel Quickley learning curve: I think the one thing is he’s got a great skill already. He can shoot the ball as well as anyone in the league. He’s a great shooter. Now it’s learning all the other parts of the league and his team. – via Twitter StevePopper

chipstern

• View Profile
WINGING It
« Reply #15301 on: December 09, 2020, 04:44:57 PM »

Quite a scrum among the wings [2&3]

Looks like we are going to see a lot of Burks & Rivers at SG, with Quickley coming on in their wake, and perhaps Frank in situational match ups.

Spilling over into RJ, KK and Bullock at SF.  Brazdeikis and Kidd-Gilchrist battling for that 15th spot. 

And real competition between Dennis, Elfrid and Frank at PG.

A lot of bodies, plus the 2-Way and 10 Players. 

Facil can expect a call as to his trade ideas. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15302 on: December 09, 2020, 04:58:35 PM »

With Thibs fluffing DSJ like that he’s more likely being shopped than showing out. If he can play near as smart as Ish Smith or Brad Wanamaker, that would be a huge stride and make him a dangerous and valuable player.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15303 on: December 09, 2020, 05:05:33 PM »

With Thibs fluffing DSJ like that he’s more likely being shopped than showing out. If he can play near as smart as Ish Smith or Brad Wanamaker, that would be a huge stride and make him a dangerous and valuable player.

Kind of figured you would read it that way.

All of your projections have him leaving town on a Slow Boat To China.

We shall see. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15304 on: December 09, 2020, 05:08:17 PM »

DSJ as a dangerous & valuable player would be a good problem to have.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15305 on: December 09, 2020, 05:27:41 PM »

DSJ as a dangerous & valuable player would be a good problem to have.

Word

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15306 on: December 09, 2020, 05:34:14 PM »

I’m happy to admit I don’t know who’s what or where on this squad at the moment. I’m content to wait and glad it’s only till Friday we can put some eye test to all these pretty words.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15307 on: December 09, 2020, 05:49:31 PM »

We shall see.

Wanamaker

Yeah.  Let's see that.

Except Dennis is an entirely different cat to the experienced Brad.

I don't want to just see low mistake PG play from Dennis, as GS just paid for from BW.

Need some WOW mixed in, the more the better.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15308 on: December 09, 2020, 05:53:23 PM »

I’m happy to admit I don’t know who’s what or where on this squad at the moment. I’m content to wait and glad it’s only till Friday we can put some eye test to all these pretty words.

Was just looking at the roster, and contemplating the 13-14-15 rotation, and the Kidd-Gilchrist/Brazdeikis battle for the final spot. 

Defense Vs. Offense

One would think MKG is Thibs' kind of guy. 

But looking at many of our pickups. 

Noels and MKG spell defense. 

But Toppin, Quickley, Powell among the rooks, Burks, Rivers, Spellman among the free agent/trade targets, all have that 3 point thing going. 

Obviously Thibs values defenders, and MKG is supposed to be a solid locker room guy.

If Iggt can show growth and maturity on the defensive end, he has a chance, because he can shoot, and he can create his own shot.  Iggy is also obviously a lot younger, and the Knicks invested a nice chunk of Dolan's money to move up in the second round to take him, and he evolved nicely in the G League. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15309 on: December 09, 2020, 05:55:37 PM »

We shall see.

Wanamaker

Yeah.  Let's see that.

Except Dennis is an entirely different cat to the experienced Brad.

I don't want to just see low mistake PG play from Dennis, as GS just paid for from BW.

Need some WOW mixed in, the more the better.

Agree.

For Dennis to make the case for himself, he needs to show that pizazz he had going in the weeks after the trade went down.  Saw some highlights on MSG in recent weeks, and he had an incendiary quality, really aggressive, but in a creative, constructive manner, whereas last season, he seemed lost and out of control.   
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 06:17:47 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Dark Horse
« Reply #15310 on: December 09, 2020, 06:03:18 PM »

I'm particularly interested in one dark horse.

Omari Spellman. 

Some YouTube highlights I saw of his pro play?

Could put the ball on the floor, take it to the rack, and shoot the daylights out of the three. 

Defense?  Rim Protection?  Ball movement? 

Stay tuned. 

But a Villinova man, and while not Kentucky, that is one hell of a program. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15311 on: December 09, 2020, 06:30:24 PM »

Was just looking at the roster, and contemplating the 13-14-15 rotation, and the Kidd-Gilchrist/Brazdeikis battle for the final spot. 

Defense Vs. Offense

One would think MKG is Thibs' kind of guy. 

But looking at many of our pickups. 

Noels and MKG spell defense. 

But Toppin, Quickley, Powell among the rooks, Burks, Rivers, Spellman among the free agent/trade targets, all have that 3 point thing going. 

Obviously Thibs values defenders, and MKG is supposed to be a solid locker room guy.

If Iggt can show growth and maturity on the defensive end, he has a chance, because he can shoot, and he can create his own shot.  Iggy is also obviously a lot younger, and the Knicks invested a nice chunk of Dolan's money to move up in the second round to take him, and he evolved nicely in the G League.

LeBron KL Warren Blake Gordon Butler Tobias

Who on our roster would you put on these guys? Who are the 1,2,3 defenders on this roster for those matchups?

Autocorrect loves switching in for on, among other mischief.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Austin Rivers questionable for Friday
« Reply #15312 on: December 09, 2020, 06:30:42 PM »

Who benefits most.... Frank, Alec, MKG?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15313 on: December 09, 2020, 06:35:59 PM »

Alec should be starting anyway. In addition to Frank being better, the Knicks have more money invested in him than they do in Austin. You can buy AR out for half his check because he’ll latch on somewhere else especially this year.

Iggy Pinson Harper and Powell are who it effects and potentially helps the most.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15314 on: December 09, 2020, 09:32:55 PM »

The only guy I see unnecessarily pubbed here is Powell, who is definitely a G-leaguer to start.

MKG may end up there as well, happy to be playing, making some coin and not having to leave the states just yet.  He'd patiently await an opening.

But of course as I said earlier MKG would need to clear waivers
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1848